This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gk17 wrote: View Post
    This guy doesn't want to play for the Raptors and there is a good chance he won't if he gets traded to Toronto. So why even thinking about trading for him? I don't get it.
    People look at Paul George and OKC and think...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      People look at Paul George and OKC and think...
      Toronto >> OKC, too

There's actually huge marketing opportunities to be had in Toronto. He'd get everyone in a whirlwind and instantly be the biggest news since Vince. He'd also instantly be the best player we've ever had in uniform. He may have been underrated in San Antonio, it would be no longer. Instant Canadian celebrity.

I mean, if it's true he's only chasing the NY or LA experience, Toronto is probably top 5 in terms of coverage he would receive on arrival and if he experienced success further on.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Man, whether its Kawhi traded here or not, give me something. I’m getting anxious.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          The pick we gave up this summer would have been 29th in the draft. If we get Kawhi.. it would probably in the high 20's in 2019 as well. It's a loss but not a significant one. The risk/concern would be giving up a 2020 pick or higher.. Kawhi may leave and/or the team my start rebuilding. We need those picks since we'll be bad potentially.

I don't mind giving up the 2019 pick at all for a guy like Kawhi.
          Yes, the 2019 pick is totally fine. OG is where I draw the line though.

Kawhi's value is severely depressed because of the circumstances. Giving what other teams can realistically put together for him, it looks totally possible to put a winning package for him without giving up OG. Paring Kawhi + OG would strike at the heart of our defensive problems, and that, combined with the newly changed offence under Nurse, gives the best chance to make the finals, thereby also giving us the best chance to retain Kawhi for longer.

You lose your best defender (OG) on top of your top-scorer in Demar at the same time, and the team looks kinda weak. Kawhi would be unengaged, we probably end up losing to Philly or Boston in the second round, Kawhi bolts, and the whole thing ends up with a whimper. Thing now is we lost our best offensive player, best defensive player, and likely another prospect/pick, right when the rebuild is right in front of us

Personally, I'd put a competive, realistic package to the Spurs, but without OG. If they say no, I turn around and offer the same same thing to Minny for Butler.

Comment

This guy doesn't want to play for the Raptors and there is a good chance he won't if he gets traded to Toronto. So why even thinking about trading for him? I don't get it.
            That's the question, though, isn't it? Does he only want to play in LA? There have been lots of rumours and rumblings but have we actually heard from him on it? Again, as I've said before, I don't think OKC does that George trade without being 99% sure he is staying (call it a back room deal or whatever) and I don't think any team is trading for Leonard without some assurances. I know that may be offside the CBA or whatever but these are billion dollar businesses: Toronto isn't re-making a 59-win team for a one-year rental player.

Comment

• The only offer i would make is Serge Ibaka and 1-2 picks.

SA gets a player who wants to play at least.
              TO gets rid of Ibaka's 2year contract.

Comment

• The Cris Carter stuff I don't buy. I don't think it's made up, I just think that someone in Kawhi's camp is intentionally giving out that information to be disseminated, and not necessarily because it's how Kawhi feels.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  The Cris Carter stuff I don't buy. I don't think it's made up, I just think that someone in Kawhi's camp is intentionally giving out that information to be disseminated, and not necessarily because it's how Kawhi feels.
                  I also think it's largely irrelevant. The entire idea would be to trade for him and THEN try to convince him, via his experience here, to stay long term. The baseline assumption is that Kawhi will be wanting to leave to go to LA at the end of the year when he arrives.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    That's the question, though, isn't it? Does he only want to play in LA? There have been lots of rumours and rumblings but have we actually heard from him on it? Again, as I've said before, I don't think OKC does that George trade without being 99% sure he is staying (call it a back room deal or whatever) and I don't think any team is trading for Leonard without some assurances. I know that may be offside the CBA or whatever but these are billion dollar businesses: Toronto isn't re-making a 59-win team for a one-year rental player.
                    I mean, he even didn't sit at the sideline to support his teammates in the playoffs (as far as I know). That's a no-go. He didn't talk to SA for weeks. This is the behaviour of a little child, but not a nba pro. If I was Masai, this wasn't the type of guy I would want to have on my team.

Comment

• Would you do JV, Delon, Siakam and two picks? 2019, 2022(2021 is potentially loaded with high schoolers coming in...basically a double cohort)

And would SA do it? They get 3 good young pieces plus two picks...

We would be the best team in the east.

serg/Jacob
                      OG/Serg/Miles/vet
                      Kawhi/Miles/Norm
                      DeMar/Norm/FVV
                      Kyle/FVV/vet

Comment

• I think theres every chance derozan isn't even the center piece, and masai is trying to move either ibaka or JV. Ibaka obviously being way way tougher..
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Lost in all this, Wilson Chandler and Kenneth Faried have both been dumped for peanuts. They used to be pretty popular trade targets around here.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I mean, he even didn't sit at the sideline to support his teammates in the playoffs (as far as I know). That's a no-go. He didn't talk to SA for weeks. This is the behaviour of a little child, but not a nba pro. If I was Masai, this wasn't the type of guy I would want to have on my team.
                            The Spurs didn’t handle the situation all that well either. Kawhi was injured and the franchise wasn’t really supportive. Parker made his comment, they held a player only meet urging Kawhi to return and so on. Kawhi is at fault but so are the Spurs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              I also think it's largely irrelevant. The entire idea would be to trade for him and THEN try to convince him, via his experience here, to stay long term. The baseline assumption is that Kawhi will be wanting to leave to go to LA at the end of the year when he arrives.
                              If your assumption is that, right now, Leonard is going to LA next July, then you don't trade for him. It's not worth the assets you have to send out, in some vain hope that you can convince him to stay. That's not logical, it's not good risk management, and it's not Ujiri's style. I get that you guys have no use for Demar at all, but it seriously just doesn't jive with how MU has been developing the franchise.
                              Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• All to shave the luxury tax. They didn’t have to give up a 1st like we did with Carroll

Comment

Working...
                                X