This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'm so pissed off with DD's defense against the Cavs series. That was just so hard to watch. It wasn't the offense... and I really don't know why you guys are spending so much time talking about fit on offense. We had a great offense with DeMar in the playoffs despite his play. It was the bloody defense is why we lost.

Can Lowry/Kawhi/OG/Ibaka cover 5 guys at once? If so than keep him. If not then trade him.
    Here's why we talk about his offence.

In the playoffs, DeMar on court: 106.5 ORTG
    In the playoffs, DeMar off court: 121 ORTG

There's a reason our offence was still great in the playoffs despite his play. It's because sometimes he was sitting on the bench.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Still not sure how there's all this talk about how DeMar is a negative player and yet the Spurs are going to want him as the main piece in a trade. Particularly when they have Danny Green, their first round pick Lonnie Walker IV, and possibly Manu Ginobili at the 2. When the last time DeRozan played with Gay it was a catastrophe.

I think Windhorst is right, a deal isn't going to happen without OG. Whether it's OG+DD or OG+JV or some other combination, the Spurs aren't a foolish organization. They aren't going to take our flawed players without extracting at least one valuable asset.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Still not sure how there's all this talk about how DeMar is a negative player and yet the Spurs are going to want him as the main piece in a trade. Particularly when they have Danny Green, their first round pick Lonnie Walker IV, and possibly Manu Ginobili at the 2. When the last time DeRozan played with Gay it was a catastrophe.

I think Windhorst is right, a deal isn't going to happen without OG. Whether it's OG+DD or OG+JV or some other combination, the Spurs aren't a foolish organization. They aren't going to take our flawed players without extracting at least one valuable asset.
        I really wish you were wrong but I think you're right.

Honestly though. If the price is JV and OG for Kawhi Leonard... would you do that?

I'm thinking about it now and unless Kawhi's people tell me that he is 100% gone in the offseason, I'd really think about doing that trade.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          I really wish you were wrong but I think you're right.

Honestly though. If the price is JV and OG for Kawhi Leonard... would you do that?

I'm thinking about it now and unless Kawhi's people tell me that he is 100% gone in the offseason, I'd really think about doing that trade.
          It would be so hard. Glad I’m not in Masai’s shoes for this one. I guess you have to say yes but it would be really difficult. That being said, you do the tank to get a guy who is as good as Leonard and you more than likely get a guy who might end up as good as Demar, but probably not. To get a guy like Kawhi who is arguably the second best player in the league after Lebron, I think you do anything to acquire a top end talent like Leonard because Masai is a team builder and he can put something around Kawhi to win.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Still not sure how there's all this talk about how DeMar is a negative player and yet the Spurs are going to want him as the main piece in a trade. Particularly when they have Danny Green, their first round pick Lonnie Walker IV, and possibly Manu Ginobili at the 2. When the last time DeRozan played with Gay it was a catastrophe.

If a deal won't happen without OG, then a deal won't happen.

If you know you can keep Kawhi, it's easy to pull the trigger, but I don't think anyone believes Kawhi staying is the likeliest scenario.

San Antonio has pretty much no leverage in these discussions. Offers for stars rarely get better during the season. No team has any incentive to trade a key young piece for Kawhi. That's why he's not already in Boston, who with their market/brand would be one of the best non-LA places for him to play (ie. they should feel more confident than us that they'd be able to convince him to stay). We should take the same approach. OG should definitely be off the table, and possibly Siakam as well. Wright and Poeltl are expendable with the pieces we have at their positions.

And with OG off the table, not sure you can build a deal that makes sense around JV, but I think you can with DeMar.

Comment

• If the price is just JV and OG, you do it. I mean, you try really hard to get them to accept another offer, because it does hurt you next year (relative to another deal for Kawhi - obviously overall you are better), but if it comes down to it, you pull the trigger on that no hesitation.

If it's that plus other prospects plus picks... Starts to get tough.

But that's not a scenario I think is even remotely likely. Nothing to think too much about. Other teams would top that central offer. The only reason the Raptors are likely in the conversation is because they are probably one of the few teams willing to trade a star with some term for a disgruntled rental.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I love OG. He's fantastic.

You trade OG to get Kawhi. Because you might not get another shot at a talent like Kawhi for a long, long time, and the chances of OG every becoming Kawhi are extremely slim.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  If the price is just JV and OG, you do it. I mean, you try really hard to get them to accept another offer, because it does hurt you next year (relative to another deal for Kawhi - obviously overall you are better), but if it comes down to it, you pull the trigger on that no hesitation.

If it's that plus other prospects plus picks... Starts to get tough.

But that's not a scenario I think is even remotely likely. Nothing to think too much about. Other teams would top that central offer. The only reason the Raptors are likely in the conversation is because they are probably one of the few teams willing to trade a star with some term for a disgruntled rental.
                  Tbh if you think about it JV + OG is structured similarly to the Paul George trade, except OG is a much better prospect than Sabonis. JV, like Oladipo is a promising guy in his early-mid 20s who might not have been given the chance to show his full potential. It's possible the Spurs would pull the trigger on that but I agree the asking price is probably higher.

But like if they say they want JV, Wright, OG, and a 2019 1st... even then man I think I still do it. Good God would it suck to lose OG, but I don't really value those other assets that highly.

Comment

• For me personally:

-- DD + Poetl/Wright + 2019 Pick for Kawhi + Gasol is reasonable, fair, and the ideal scenario
                    --DD + Siakam = Steep, but not unreasonable
                    --JV + OG = borderline, but I think I'd do it
                    --DD + OG = No.

Comment

• I'd hesitate slightly more on DeMar + OG for Kawhi because DeMar could actually net you back good assets in a trade (especially next year when teams strike out on FAs and have a ton of cap space) that you probably wouldn't want to include in that deal along with OG. Also leaves us with a serious lack of any good wing players.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                        For me personally:

-- DD + Poetl/Wright + 2019 Pick for Kawhi + Gasol is reasonable, fair, and the ideal scenario
                        --DD + Siakam = Steep, but not unreasonable
                        --JV + OG = borderline, but I think I'd do it
                        --DD + OG = No.
                        I more or less agree with this. I think DeMar + OG in the trade is the breaking point where that is going to just sting way too much if Kawhi walks. You lose your biggest trade asset in a rebuild as well as your highest end prospect for nothing essentially.

Comment

• I would trade OG and cringe when Kawhi leaves in free agency. But would do it.

If I'm trading JV I need Gasol back. Gasol is 38 and had Vertigo at one point.. but he'd be a guy that can grab rebounds in the short term.

So my trade package would be JV+Ibaka+OG+2019 pick for Kawhi and Gasol.

We'll be so thin at PF but that money works. We'd save money too in that deal. Could try to send them Powell + Miles instead of Ibaka but Powell's contract length is a tough pill to swallow.

For PF we'd only have Siakam. And we'd need 3 roster spots to fill.. as we'd only have 11 contracts (is 14 now the required minimum?). I assume Alkins would take one of those. But we'd have to fill in the roster with vet min deals.

Maybe someone like Trevor Booker, Quincy Acy or Tarik Black? Maybe take a chance with Boucher but he's more of a C.

Comment

• .. the 76ers first contacted the Spurs about RC Buford for their GM vacancy.. and now they tried to contact the Rockets about Morey.

Comment

• Every player on this team can be replaced, draft picks have to be either protected or swapped. We value our players too much if we have to into preseason with Alkins as our starting point guard we do it, there are a million point guards on the market. OG is a role player add him in if they want him. Shiakim and ibaka can be replaced even if u have to pick up jahil okaford. Sign and trade max contract for Kawhi we should be able to rebuild in 2 years max

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                                Every player on this team can be replaced, draft picks have to be either protected or swapped. We value our players too much if we have to into preseason with Alkins as our starting point guard we do it, there are a million point guards on the market. OG is a role player add him in if they want him. Shiakim and ibaka can be replaced even if u have to pick up jahil okaford. Sign and trade max contract for Kawhi we should be able to rebuild in 2 years max

Comment

Working...
                                X