This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Btw fwiw OG has changed his instagram and twitter pictures from pictures of him in a Raptors jersey to picture of him in an Indiana jersey. Also no longer says anything about the Raptors in his bios.
    As far as I can tell, they've always been the Indiana jersey. Haven't yet been able to find proof they ever weren't.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      Weren’t you saying that OG will never be good enough to build around and that he wasn’t worth delaying the tank for?
      Yes he won't be good enough to build around as your foundational piece (ie. he's not going to be a superstar). He certainly can be a long-term piece on a championship caliber team.

I'm not sure what your point is right now, because my whole pro-tank stance had nothing to do with trading OG Anunoby. It had to do with trading DeMar, Kyle, JV, Ibaka.

Comment

• You guys have to remember there is an opportunity cost when you give up assets as well. That's why I don't want to give up our best two assets for just Kawhi.

For example let's say we can get Kawhi for a deal like JV+OG+Siakam+Wright+2019 1st. Now you have Lowry/DeMar/Kawhi/Ibaka/Poeltl. Let's say during the season we don't like how DeMar is fitting with Kawhi, and a team like Minnesota is sitting well outside the playoffs after 30-40 games. Well, Jimmy Butler would likely be on the block. Do they say no to DeMar locked up for a year longer in exchange for Butler? Now all of a sudden you've got Lowry, Jimmy Butler and Kawhi.

It's just an example, but illustrates how overpaying can limit your opportunities later on.

Comment

• I'm still holding out hope we could get Kawhi with something like DeMar + Delon/Norm + 2019 1st, or do DeMar + Delon/Norm + Poeltl + 2019 1st for Kawhi + Gasol
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• If we can keep pascal and offer any combination of demar and whoever plus protected first incase Kawhi leaves and we good to go. Take back pau or anyone they want to get rid of. Get him rebuild around him and plan for if he was to leave.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Ok, well if we bring the same group back next year, what is progress? Is it Conf Finals? NBA Finals? Even if we make the finals, if we get obliterated by the Warriors in 4, is it really progress?

Ibaka, Lowry, Miles, FVV and possibly JV (if he opts in) will be entering the final year of their deals after next season. Siakam and Poeltl will be entering the last year of their rookie deals. DeMar would be entering a pre-option year where he could potentially become a free agent in 2 years as well. If we make no obvious progress, do you think Masai brings the gang back and risks losing almost the entire rotation in free agency for nothing? Or do you think he starts cashing in pieces? And if he starts cashing in pieces, do you think he can turn over the roster in a way that builds around DeMar for the better?

This is the time to take a risk. Whether that's Kawhi or Butler, or some more random unexpected move.
              For me getting to the finals is progress even if get swept. Getting Leonard is tempting but giving up OG for a one year rental I find hard to swallow. Let’s say we make finals one of the next year then rebuild is that not better than a one year rental when we don’t make finals Leonard’s walks . We already have significant pieces in place for a rebuild should it be necessary and a realistic chance of making finals in one of next 2 years. The only caveat to this is IF there are serious concerns re DD being both physically and mentally give last years minor conflict with MU re effort and playing team basketball.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                You guys have to remember there is an opportunity cost when you give up assets as well. That's why I don't want to give up our best two assets for just Kawhi.

For example let's say we can get Kawhi for a deal like JV+OG+Siakam+Wright+2019 1st. Now you have Lowry/DeMar/Kawhi/Ibaka/Poeltl. Let's say during the season we don't like how DeMar is fitting with Kawhi, and a team like Minnesota is sitting well outside the playoffs after 30-40 games. Well, Jimmy Butler would likely be on the block. Do they say no to DeMar locked up for a year longer in exchange for Butler? Now all of a sudden you've got Lowry, Jimmy Butler and Kawhi.

It's just an example, but illustrates how overpaying can limit your opportunities later on.
                Spurs wouldn’t ask for og and pascal

Comment

• Maybe silly question but is there a deadline for this? I know the official trade deadline is in February, but they certainly won't be dicking around all the way till then.

What's a realistic point, if any, we can say "ok, if it doesn't happen by X date it means it won't happen" ?

Comment

• Sportsnet:
                    The Raptors, I’m told, held exploratory discussions in the summer of 2017 with Minnesota on a deal that would have been headlined by DeRozan and the Timberwolves’ Canadian swingman Andrew Wiggins.
                    – The New York Times

Comment

• Who will blink first, I suspect this is what is happening. OG IMO is the player both sides are trying to play hardball.

Spurs no longer care about Kawhi, they are after OG.

Raptors finally consider Derozan as expendable but not to the extent that it would cost them OG.

OG - may the force be with you.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                        Maybe silly question but is there a deadline for this? I know the official trade deadline is in February, but they certainly won't be dicking around all the way till then.

What's a realistic point, if any, we can say "ok, if it doesn't happen by X date it means it won't happen" ?
                        I would say if it hasn't happened by training camp it's not going to happen.

If he's with the Spurs they'll have either resolved things or intend to push through to the deadline. (Unlikely imo.)
                        If he's not with the Spurs he's either with us or with another team.

Training camps open Sept 22, so at worst probably two months. But I suspect it won't go much past the USA minicamp July 25th - 28th. Assuming he plays, it should relieve a lot of his injury uncertainty and provide an opportunity for teams to ramp up offers.

Comment

• rebelrouser89 wrote: View Post
                          @FTFonFS1: "You can call me. Don't call Kawhi, call me. And I'll let you know: he is not going to Toronto." — @criscarter80 https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/...793734/video/1

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
                          Don't think anyone mentioned this, but a reason why CC might have more intel on Kawhi's intentions than Windhorst, Woj, etc. is because he shared the same agent during his playing days in the NFL as Kawhi does right now (his agent, Mitch Frankel is separate from uncle Dennis). And his agent has no other NBA clients, and Windhorst and Woj usually get their info from agents/team and I doubt uncle Dennis or Mitch giving them that info.

(https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/unl...164747007.html)

But CC does seem a bit contradictory in what he's saying in this clip (deadset to play in LA, but it's not all about playing in LA, it's more than that?). I would still risk DeRozan + one of Poeltl + pick for Kawhi.

Comment

• 3am Shams bomb. Looks like it's actually happening

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                              3am Shams bomb. Looks like it's actually happening
                              Looks like it. If Masai can find a way to keep OG I'm going to be very happy. Doubt it though. Maybe Delon's going out and that's why we resigned Lorenzo?
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                                3am Shams bomb. Looks like it's actually happening
                                Also, this 100%, unequivocally, states that DeRozan is in the deal.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X