This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Dude is seriously overpaid! He's worth at most $20 mill a year. I wouldn't be surprised if he averages 25 and 10 again, but this guy plays no defense whatsoever. He's just gonna clog the Cav's cap space for the 5 years and they will go absolutely nowhere if you're paying this guy this much money to play offense and no defense!
    Kevin Love's last season in Minnesota was good for 26 PPG, 13 rebounds and 4 assists. He shot 50% from the field and 38% from downtown on seven attempts per game. His PER was 26.9. Get ready for a Kevin Love "breakout year" because he's switched back to being a star with LeBron gone.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Kevin Love's last season in Minnesota was good for 26 PPG, 13 rebounds and 4 assists. He shot 50% from the field and 38% from downtown on seven attempts per game. His PER was 26.9. Get ready for a Kevin Love "breakout year" because he's switched back to being a star with LeBron gone.
      LOL that was like 3 years ago. He was 26 at the time. He's 29 now. By the time, he's midway through his contract, he'll be like 31-32 years old. That's practically out of his prime. He ain't no LeBron where he ages like fine wine. I think this is a terribly overpriced contract. Cavs are gonna treadmill for the next few years fighting for the 6-8 seeds.

Not to mention, he averaged a PER of 26.9 and yet he got nowhere with the Timberwolves. Sure it was the West, but he couldn't lead the team anywhere. In the East and aged 3 years, he's gonna average 25 and 10, but get absolutely nowhere in the playoffs. He'll get booted first round for the next 4-5 years. Without LeBron, Cavs aren't exactly a great destination for free agents anymore!

Comment

Jesus! Love getting paid $30 mill a year to shoot and play no defense! Damn! I guess Jabari Parker was right. You get paid to play offense not defense anymore lol
        Hey! Sometimes those players get flipped for Kawhi mother f@*king Leonard, so just back off! Too soon?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Hey! Sometimes those players get flipped for Kawhi mother f@*king Leonard, so just back off! Too soon?
          LOL look at the age difference tho. Demar is in his prime and signed the contract when he was 25-26 year old. He'll be 30 I believe when his contract is over. So the Raptors were able to trade him 2 years into his contract at the age of 28.

Love is 29 years old as of now. He'll be 33-34 by the time his contract is up. By your logic, you expect the Cavs to be able to trade his stupidly high contract (at the age of 33-34) for a player of Kawhi's caliber (keeping in mind that this is a very rare situation). Not gonna happen. No one will want to pay Love $30 mill a year at that age. He will greatly decline by then and will be known a defensive liability (even more so than he already is).

Comment

• That's a good deal for Love. Real smart to collect the pay check considering all his injure woes. Who knows, maybe the Cavs trade him to a team like the Clippers did with Griffin.

Not sure what Cleveland is going to be next year.. could be a toss up between them and Detroit to make that 8th seed in the East.. but would mean one of last years playoff teams takes a tumble into the lottery (maybe Miami?).

Comment

• If Love can be convinced to sign in the butthole of America (sans LeBron), then Kawhi in Toronto is pretty much guaranteed, right? RIGHT???

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Yeah you don't seem to learn.

Inb4 we struggle with Kawhi early on, end up trading him to Philly for Fultz and Covington and they win the title.

You really need to stop making predictions bro.
                You really start to come to grips with science and drop superstition. You do believe in science .. dont you ?
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  I absolutely realize that lmfao.

I'm telling him he doesn't learn because he criticizes and bashes every team and they repeatedly prove him wrong. The Chowderheads were trash but almost went to the finals. The NewLooks swept us.
                  Then you have the option to not contribute to the thread when I post it. I love bashing the Chowderheads and the Wiz and the Hinkies.

Edit: But I will dedicate the thread to you.. defender of all things Chowder and Hinkie.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jul 24, 2018, 02:08 PM. Reason: Dedication thoughts
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    Then you have the option to not contribute to the thread when I post it. I love bashing the Chowderheads and the Wiz and the Hinkies.
                    I believe it was either The Who or lebron James who said

"Meet the newlooks...same as the oldlooks"
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

LOL that was like 3 years ago. He was 26 at the time. He's 29 now. By the time, he's midway through his contract, he'll be like 31-32 years old. That's practically out of his prime. He ain't no LeBron where he ages like fine wine. I think this is a terribly overpriced contract. Cavs are gonna treadmill for the next few years fighting for the 6-8 seeds.

Not to mention, he averaged a PER of 26.9 and yet he got nowhere with the Timberwolves. Sure it was the West, but he couldn't lead the team anywhere. In the East and aged 3 years, he's gonna average 25 and 10, but get absolutely nowhere in the playoffs. He'll get booted first round for the next 4-5 years. Without LeBron, Cavs aren't exactly a great destination for free agents anymore!
                      The first contract out of a rookie deal is usually betting on upside. The second big contract after a rookie deal is paying for an established baseline. The final big deal is paying for that again. Teams roll the dice on the first big contract and the final big contract. Someone will pay it in both cases. At least that's my interpretation of it.

I get why they did it. He's a major asset they didn't want to lose. I also remember how poorly those Wolves teams were run. It's an incredibly narrow view to blame what happened there on him. He showed up in a huge way.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        That's a good deal for Love. Real smart to collect the pay check considering all his injure woes. Who knows, maybe the Cavs trade him to a team like the Clippers did with Griffin.

Not sure what Cleveland is going to be next year.. could be a toss up between them and Detroit to make that 8th seed in the East.. but would mean one of last years playoff teams takes a tumble into the lottery (maybe Miami?).
                        Yes, they retained him. Now they can flip him later and the other teams needn't worry about losing him to FA. If he has a huge season, which he should, then no one will care about the contract. Jobs are always on the line.

Comment

LOL look at the age difference tho. Demar is in his prime and signed the contract when he was 25-26 year old. He'll be 30 I believe when his contract is over. So the Raptors were able to trade him 2 years into his contract at the age of 28.

Love is 29 years old as of now. He'll be 33-34 by the time his contract is up. By your logic, you expect the Cavs to be able to trade his stupidly high contract (at the age of 33-34) for a player of Kawhi's caliber (keeping in mind that this is a very rare situation). Not gonna happen. No one will want to pay Love $30 mill a year at that age. He will greatly decline by then and will be known a defensive liability (even more so than he already is).
                          C'mon now, how old and broken down was Jermaine O'neal when Toronto traded him for Shawn Marion? And O'neal had one of the highest paying contracts at that time I believe.

And if you're the Cav's ownership you can't just gut the team completely and expect to survive a rebuild like Philly did. They have a poor record of drafting no matter how many number 1 picks they land (LeBron being the no brainer exception). You have to keep the fan base somewhat interested in order to sell tickets. No free agents are coming to save the Cav's. They didn't with the best player in the world and without ....

Comment

The first contract out of a rookie deal is usually betting on upside. The second big contract after a rookie deal is paying for an established baseline. The final big deal is paying for that again. Teams roll the dice on the first big contract and the final big contract. Someone will pay it in both cases. At least that's my interpretation of it.

I get why they did it. He's a major asset they didn't want to lose. I also remember how poorly those Wolves teams were run. It's an incredibly narrow view to blame what happened there on him. He showed up in a huge way.
                            Also we can think of lots of times the Raptors failed in those two scenarios. Norm is the most recent example of the upside dice roll and Carroll is the example of the downside dice roll. Both on Masai. This shit happens on every team. It's a business cost.

Comment

Also we can think of lots of times the Raptors failed in those two scenarios. Norm is the most recent example of the upside dice roll and Carroll is the example of the downside dice roll. Both on Masai. This shit happens on every team. It's a business cost.
                              As much as they want to keep it and this is a cost of business, i don't think he's worth the contract. You're paying a big premium to keep him. He has poor injury history. He's aging and already getting exposed big time on defense.

Comment

As much as they want to keep it and this is a cost of business, i don't think he's worth the contract. You're paying a big premium to keep him. He has poor injury history. He's aging and already getting exposed big time on defense.
                                So you don't think anyone else in the league would pay him that given his resume?

Comment

Working...
                                X