• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Ok, Demar's officially become petty.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

That's what is expected of a star making close to $30M/yr. They all do that. It sounds like he doesn't realize that Kawhi Leonard is a much superior player. It sounds like he's taking business very personally.

I get that DeMar feels insulted about being traded but bitching and moaning about it to the press makes him look weak and unprofessional. No one likes rejection but in the series' with the Cavs he's proven without a shadow of a doubt that he's not a #1 option or strong enough leader for a contender. He's very talented but he just does not rise to the occasion and so he cannot elevate others. He needs to change his game a little and settle into being a 3rd option on a really good team.

Comment

See the problem is with that is a "chip on my shoulder" for DeMar probably means chucking up more bad shots.

He just finished saying he played as hard as he possibly could while in Toronto. This sort of takes the power out of that statement.

Comment

• I'm so glad this franchise has move on from DeRozan. Apparently you cannot trade players anymore because it hurts there feelings

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Well good...but where was the chip on your shoulder vs the Cavs?!
            The chip on his shoulder got so big and heavy that he couldn't even lift himself off the bench in the fourth quarter...

Comment

• The first week after the breakup. Both sides still hurting.

Comment

More hate coming to Raptors on social media and ESPN tomorrow. I just hope that this wont stick for long and top free agents will start avoiding the Raps for a few seasons cause of Demar.
                When did top free agents ever consider Toronto? Ever. That's why we have make trades like this. It's not going to have an impact whatsoever.

Masai obviously tried his hardest to keep DeMar and Kyle out of the trade, but he HAD to do it. I personally couldn't sit through another season knowing how this episode ends. 3 out of the last 4 off-seasons have ended in embarassing sweeps. The other one wasn't a sweep because the Cavs clearly took their foot of the gas and we celebrate that ECF appearance like we won the Super Bowl. The KL/DD/Casey core was mentally flawed, or simply not good enough. Something had to be done.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  That's what is expected of a star making close to $30M/yr. They all do that. It sounds like he doesn't realize that Kawhi Leonard is a much superior player. It sounds like he's taking business very personally.

I get that DeMar feels insulted about being traded but bitching and moaning about it to the press makes him look weak and unprofessional. No one likes rejection but in the series' with the Cavs he's proven without a shadow of a doubt that he's not a #1 option or strong enough leader for a contender. He's very talented but he just does not rise to the occasion and so he cannot elevate others. He needs to change his game a little and settle into being a 3rd option on a really good team.
                  DeMar has been benched at least 3 times in absolutely critical playoff games that I can remember: Wiz' closeout game this year, Pacers' closeout game, Game 3 vs. Cavs. That's unheard of for a superstar and even moreso considering the guy benching him is the most loyal coach ever.... his dad, Casey. That's exactly what Masai is talking about when he says.... I gave them chances.

I don't feel like we owed DeMar a job for life. We built a fool's gold system to hide his flaws on both sides of the court and he benefitted disproportionately than the rest of the team because of it. Now he's acting like he's as good as Kawhi and throwing it back in the franchise's face. Really disappointed in Demar... it's a bad look.

Comment

• Between the blowback he's got from this trade and the Casey firing, I think the days of Masai giving his employees a long leash are over.
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

More hate coming to Raptors on social media and ESPN tomorrow. I just hope that this wont stick for long and top free agents will start avoiding the Raps for a few seasons cause of Demar.
                      We weren't exactly a hot spot for free agents...and guys like Carroll will go anywhere that pays them as well as we did.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        How bout play some defense? Dive for a loose ball? I rarely saw either. Yeah we know you worked hard every year to get as close to Kobes offense as you could. And yet the stats showed every single year we were better with you off the court.

#TeamMasai

#TeamRaptors
                        He's not bashing the team, the city or the fans. He's speaking to how the trade was handled and that's it.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          He's not bashing the team, the city or the fans. He's speaking to how the trade was handled and that's it.
                          Masai's the team president. If you're bashing him, you're bashing the team.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Nope. Not just the communication. DeMar is also challenging Masai's justification for the trade, specifically, the "I gave them chances" and "had to do something". I mean, the justification is clear: you traded DeMar DeRozan for Kawhi Leonard. End of story. The fact that it was a rental speaks to how highly the Raps valued DeMar's on-court performance in the playoffs, and that's eating at him big time. DeMar feels like he's getting blamed for our repeated embarassing playoff exits and he is, deservedly so. And he's fighting back with words, instead of #ProveEm. That's what's going on here.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Between the blowback he's got from this trade and the Casey firing, I think the days of Masai giving his employees a long leash are over.
                              That's good

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Masai's the team president. If you're bashing him, you're bashing the team.
                                I could not disagree more. You think players align themselves with management?

Comment

Working...
                                X