X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    The west is going to be a crapshoot from 3-12 tbh
    Maybe even for 2 through 12.

Houston losing Trevor Ariza and Luc Mbah a Moute is a bigger deal than you might think... to me anyway.
    A "yuge" chunk of wing defense is gone and they still are negotiating with Capella. How happy Clint is after this back and forth is hard to quantify but Houston just maybe be a bit to a bigger bit weaker than they were last year.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Between the blowback he's got from this trade and the Casey firing, I think the days of Masai giving his employees a long leash are over.
      Casey and DeMar have lost context. If they took a step back and looked at the entire last 5-7 years they would be more grateful and appreciative of what Masai did for their careers. Both guys are un-characteristically letting their egos get the best of them.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I could not disagree more. You think players align themselves with management?
        They should. Masai had to make tough decision. DeRozan's and Casey's flaws are very well known.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Nope. Not just the communication. DeMar is also challenging Masai's justification for the trade, specifically, the "I gave them chances" and "had to do something". I mean, the justification is clear: you traded DeMar DeRozan for Kawhi Leonard. End of story. The fact that it was a rental speaks to how highly the Raps valued DeMar's on-court performance in the playoffs, and that's eating at him big time. DeMar feels like he's getting blamed for our repeated embarassing playoff exits and he is, deservedly so. And he's fighting back with words, instead of #ProveEm. That's what's going on here.
          They traded DeMar because that is who the Spurs wanted to base the trade around. Masai would have been happy to move Serge, or JV and maybe even Lowry before DeMar.

Nobody is arguing it was a good trade for us. And we who know what DeMar's limitations are. He's not going to say I'm a poor defender so that is why Toronto did it, and I respect them for that LOL

Comment

I could not disagree more. You think players align themselves with management?
            ???

If Masai isn't at least a part of 'The Toronto Raptors', then what is he?
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              They should. Masai had to make tough decision. DeRozan's and Casey's flaws are very well known.
              That is Masai's job and he did the right thing to trade him. Players are in the trenches with each other doing the dirty work and they have a bond which they don't share with management. Sort of like at the office how employees view their management.

Comment

They traded DeMar because that is who the Spurs wanted to base the trade around. Masai would have been happy to move Serge, or JV and maybe even Lowry before DeMar.

Nobody is arguing it was a good trade for us. And we who know what DeMar's limitations are. He's not going to say I'm a poor defender so that is why Toronto did it, and I respect them for that LOL
                I've believed from the beginning of the rumor that moving DeMar, specifically, was important in this deal for the Raptors. The way we talk about the defensive depth of this team simply isn't a conversation if DeMar is still on the roster.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Then he should just stay classy and say nothing, or just spew sports cliches (... it's a business, blah, blah, blah). He didn't have to grant ESPN a full-blown interview.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    So 3 case scenerios for Raps fans: worst to best.

Worst case scenerio:

1) Kawhi shows up but still has some lingering physical issues.

2) Kawhi doesnt show up. Too much drama so soon at once, he doesnt want to deal with that and it would be distracting for the camp.

Best case:

3) Kawhi shows up (wearing Raps gear) and is healthy throughout practice and even cracks a smile or two while dealing with the media.
                    Good call ...
                    Jeezus he has a Jones on for the Spurs eh ?
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Then he should just stay classy and say nothing, or just spew sports cliches (... it's a business, blah, blah, blah). He didn't have to grant ESPN a full-blown interview.
                      The way he's reacting is basically a week long version of thinking he got fouled, bitching to the referee, and not getting back on defence.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I'm sorry but DD is now tarnishing his good reputation in Toronto. He's has his days of understandable grief and anger but now he just sounds like a petulant teenager.

Comment

• So wait, DeMar actually went on TV to talk about the trade, and just starts bashing Masai? I thought DeMar was classier than he's demonstrated if that's the case.

I have to see this interview. Anyone know if its on youtube?

Comment

• Just watched the interview.

Demar can’t expect that sort of loyalty from the Raptors when he hasn’t accomplished anything. Kobe won the Lakers multiple championships, Duncan won the Spurs multiple championships, Dirk won the Mavs a championship, they deserve loyalty.

Demar also mentioned how Masai talked to him about moving forward with the Raptors next season and he got caught off guard with the trade. He should understand Masai said no one is untouchable and that the deal reportedly fell apart many times. It would be awkward if Masai told Demar you’re gonna be traded, and the deal never happened.

Demar also says his mindset was the Raptors lost to the same player multiple times and now that he is gone, they have a chance to do something. That is not a good sign imo, shows you he isn’t a strong competitor, especially considering he underperforms against Lebron.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              I've believed from the beginning of the rumor that moving DeMar, specifically, was important in this deal for the Raptors. The way we talk about the defensive depth of this team simply isn't a conversation if DeMar is still on the roster.
                              Well then there really isn't any defending Masai is there? Not for doing the right thing to improve the team which to clarify I'm totally in agreement with, but for not being clear with Demar that they were trading him. I think that is the issue Demar has here. They way the trade was handled and their treatment of him.

Comment

• I guess we don't have to retire his number anymore if he keeps spewing this bullsh!t.

Comment

Working...
                                X