This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    So wait, DeMar actually went on TV to talk about the trade, and just starts bashing Masai? I thought DeMar was classier than he's demonstrated if that's the case.

I have to see this interview. Anyone know if its on youtube?
    It is on Youtube, sound quality isn’t good though.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Well then there really isn't any defending Masai is there? Not for doing the right thing to improve the team which to clarify I'm totally in agreement with, but for not being clear with Demar that they were trading him. I think that is the issue Demar has here. They way the trade was handled and their treatment of him.
      But Masai had to be mindful of the fact that 98%+ of trade talks in the NBA never go anywhere. This trade probably could've fallen apart a million times before working out. If it fell apart at any of those points, and he'd told DeMar they were potentially trading him, he risked having either DeMar or his people leak the trade to the press, which burns Masai in the media, or having DeMar show up next year disgruntled that the trade didn't happen.

Until a trade is completely done, a team has to keep operating like it's not going to happen.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Here is the video.. will watch as soon as I can:

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          Just watched the interview.

Demar can’t expect that sort of loyalty from the Raptors when he hasn’t accomplished anything. Kobe won the Lakers multiple championships, Duncan won the Spurs multiple championships, Dirk won the Mavs a championship, they deserve loyalty.

Demar also mentioned how Masai talked to him about moving forward with the Raptors next season and he got caught off guard with the trade. He should understand Masai said no one is untouchable and that the deal reportedly fell apart many times. It would be awkward if Masai told Demar you’re gonna be traded, and the deal never happened.

Demar also says his mindset was the Raptors lost to the same player multiple times and now that he is gone, they have a chance to do something. That is not a good sign imo, shows you he isn’t a strong competitor, especially considering he underperforms against Lebron
          I noticed that comment as well. I HATED when people around here talked like that "we just gotta wait out till lebron goes west" for what..nba runner up? That still doesn't solve lebron being in the league, or golden state, or the fact that you're admitting to being excited the guy who kept embarrassing you went west.

And finally, what I just dont get is this: the continuing on of "just tell me there was a trade on the table"
          So basically masai was expected to say in the meeting "yeah we're working on a trade involving you but not sure its gonna work. We're trying. But many teams are ahead of us. So maybe. Maybe not. But if not, hey, see ya at camp!"
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I noticed that comment as well. I HATED when people around here talked like that "we just gotta wait out till lebron goes west" for what..nba runner up? That still doesn't solve lebron being in the league, or golden state, or the fact that you're admitting to being excited the guy who kept embarrassing you went west.

And finally, what I just dont get is this: the continuing on of "just tell me there was a trade on the table"
            So basically masai was expected to say in the meeting "yeah we're working on a trade involving you but not sure its gonna work. We're trying. But many teams are ahead of us. So maybe. Maybe not. But if not, hey, see ya at camp!"
            GMs can't do that because the player's agent will get on the phone and call the receiving team and start spewing stuff that could potentially mess up the trade. You just can't take that risk. Unfortunately, there has to be a cone of silence.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              I'm so glad this franchise has move on from DeRozan. Apparently you cannot trade players anymore because it hurts there feelings

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
              If DeRozan was a player you wanted to keep and he walked in free agency or demanded a trade you'd be pissed and probably slag him off. Like we all did with Vince and Bosh.

But a player can't do the same? Shake.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                If DeRozan was a player you wanted to keep and he walked in free agency or demanded a trade you'd be pissed and probably slag him off. Like we all did with Vince and Bosh.

If that's what he wants to do, he should be a professional and get some burner accounts.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

His reputation is classy. Just stay classy. That's all we're saying.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    I've believed from the beginning of the rumor that moving DeMar, specifically, was important in this deal for the Raptors. The way we talk about the defensive depth of this team simply isn't a conversation if DeMar is still on the roster.
                    So if the Spurs offered the same trade for JV or Ibaka we wouldn't do it?

Come on man stop lying.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Here is the video.. will watch as soon as I can:

I hope he has a healthy life in San Antonio. You can see in his face that he's in significant grief about it all. He has lots of reasons to be happy and put this behind him.

Comment

• I really don't like the way a lot of NBA fans look at players. And it's no different here.

Comment

So if the Spurs offered the same trade for JV or Ibaka we wouldn't do it?

Come on man stop lying.
                          I would've absolutely done it for either of those guys, and I feel like the ceiling of the Raptors currently is higher than what it would've been after trading either of those guys for Kawhi. Specifically replacing DeMar with Kawhi is a big deal for the Raptors.(not to mention what trading Jonas+Jak would've done to the frontline)
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Who is left out there to fill our back up C spot? We are pretty thin at this point.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Who is left out there to fill our back up C spot? We are pretty thin at this point.
                              There were 2 guys I mentioned in trades, both teams that might want Wright/Powell in return. Koufos on the Kings and Dedmon on the Hawks.

Comment

• ...So the "manly" thing was to post a few memes and not say anything???

Y'all don't make sense.

Masai gets his own press conference to shape the narrative. DeMar was going to get flooded with questions at Team USA camp if he didn't sit down and address this, and now he's a child?

I'm not saying I agree, or disagree with DeRozan, but he has the right to his perspective. He was emotionally invested in the team (something the Raps have NEVER had). That's going to come out. I think some of y'all need to ask yourself, "What does being a man, actually look like?" He could just bottle it all in until he explodes, OR, he can communicate his feelings. It's all fresh. He probably hasn't fully flushed out his thoughts on what happened. Homey feels spurned. MAYBE his team should have sat with him before the interview, flushed things out, shaped things to be more PC. BUT THAT'S NOT DEMAR.

Petulant child...Do you even know what those words mean? The man invested years, probably lost some money being up here instead of going to the US, and was regularly assured that his sacrifice would be reflected back to him with loyalty. It wasn't. If him being comfortable with his emotions, at a time like this, makes you feel less of him, that's something you have to reflect on.

I can like the trade, be confident the Raps will be better with Kawhi and Green, realize that if I was Masai I would have been just as ruthless, and still understand that.

Comment

Working...
                                X