This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Where did I write that? Bold it and quote it to me please.
    So you think all players should be kept updated every time there name is in discussion of possibly moving? I'm sure demar trades had been discussed in the past, at least in infancy stages of trade talks, and he never knew because nothing came of it. What you dont know wont hurt you. Once the trade is done, it will hurt you. But it's just not good practice for a front office to say anything. It only pisses people off even if it didnt work.

Do you respect Jerry west? Because Blake Griffin wasnt told either, and he was a loyal soldier. He was pissed off as well. But it needed to be done for the clippers franchise.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      Didn't DeMar himself say that the language Masai used was something to the effect of what they expected from DeMar going forward? That is hardly an assurance that DeMar is untouchable and not being traded.

Anyway, I have no problem with what Masai (except that their talk caused problems) did and what DeMar is doing / saying.

Hoping we somehow meet DeMar in the playoffs.
      DD: I asked, 'Was I going to be traded? Was there anything going on, if it was a chance I'd be traded?' And on multiple occasions it was, 'No, it was nothing.' If it is, then let the agent know or me know.
      From interview.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Ok so what does this mean then?
        Wouldn't be traded and untouchable are not the same thing.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          So you think all players should be kept updated every time there name is in discussion of possibly moving? I'm sure demar trades had been discussed in the past, at least in infancy stages of trade talks, and he never knew because nothing came of it. What you dont know wont hurt you. Once the trade is done, it will hurt you. But it's just not good practice for a front office to say anything. It only pisses people off even if it didnt work.

Do you respect Jerry west? Because Blake Griffin wasnt told either, and he was a loyal soldier. He was pissed off as well. But it needed to be done for the clippers franchise.
          No I don't actually. And this is yet another case of not reading what I've actually written.

The issue seems to be (again this is DeMar's side of things) that DeMar was TOLD he WAS NOT going to be traded. That is problematic if it in fact actually happened. Simply just saying nothing would've been better than that, or if he asked, giving an answer that does not indicate one way or the other, like, "I can't promise you that you won't be moved".

Comment

• For the record, I don't think Masai and the Raptors did anything wrong here.

I also think that DeMar has every right to be upset.

You don't need to pick sides here, sometimes situations like this happen where it's in the best interests of a team to do badly by one of their players. But let's not minimize the feelings of the player either and say "shouldn't have choked hurr hurr" because I think that's a little bit cold to someone who's helped deliver one of the best eras in Raptors history.
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

No I don't actually. And this is yet another case of not reading what I've actually written.

The issue seems to be (again this is DeMar's side of things) that DeMar was TOLD he WAS NOT going to be traded. That is problematic if it in fact actually happened. Simply just saying nothing would've been better than that, or if he asked, giving an answer that does not indicate one way or the other, like, "I can't promise you that you won't be moved".
              I highly doubt it was as straightforward as that. Derozan probably interpreted it as he won’t be traded. It was more along the lines of Masai discussing what to expect next season with the Raptors, and Derozan assumed it meant he won’t be traded.

Once again, it was reported the deal fell apart multiple times, tough to tell a player he’ll be traded if you yourself don’t know if it will happen.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                I highly doubt it was as straightforward as that. Derozan probably interpreted it as he won’t be traded. It was more along the lines of Masai discussing what to expect next season with the Raptors, and Derozan assumed it meant he won’t be traded.

Once again, it was reported the deal fell apart multiple times, tough to tell a player he’ll be traded if you yourself don’t know if it will happen.
                You don't know that. I was very clear in my post that I was saying from DeMar's perspective what it was. We don't (and never will) know what was actually said. So let's not pretend like we do.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  For the record, I don't think Masai and the Raptors did anything wrong here.

I also think that DeMar has every right to be upset.

You don't need to pick sides here, sometimes situations like this happen where it's in the best interests of a team to do badly by one of their players. But let's not minimize the feelings of the player either and say "shouldn't have choked hurr hurr" because I think that's a little bit cold to someone who's helped deliver one of the best eras in Raptors history.
                  This is my exact stance. I've been pushing for the Raptors to make this deal since it was made clear that Kawhi was available this offseason. At the same time I'm not going to slander DeMar who was a loyal player and worked his ass off here for almost a decade. He just wasn't good enough to be that Dirk, Kobe type figure that he wanted to be.

Comment

• Funniest thing about his anger at the suggestion that it was just he and Casey is that... yeah, it was mostly he and Casey. That's what Masai was saying, and it's the truth.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• One positive: reading between the lines of his interview, to me it doesn't sound like Kyle is pissed off or disgruntled. He was certainly very supportive of his friend but I got the sense that he's not going to kick up dust about it
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This is my exact stance. I've been pushing for the Raptors to make this deal since it was made clear that Kawhi was available this offseason. At the same time I'm not going to slander DeMar who was a loyal player and worked his ass off here for almost a decade. He just wasn't good enough to be that Dirk, Kobe type figure that he wanted to be.
                        I'm not going to slander DeMar, but he didn't do himself any favours with that interview.

He also probably didn't realize he would just be exploited in the sense that the interviewer was going to lead him into questions that would feed the angle of him being upset with the Raptors.

Anyway, by all accounts Masai is a straight shooter, and there is no way to tell a player he's in trade talks that is positive. I believe the "nothing was imminent" angle and that's what pretty much any smart exec would say. Again, it was widely known no one was untouchable well before the draft. That should be enough to let any player know something can happen. Can't get more specific than that without risking damage to a relationship. The damage done now doesn't matter because DeMar isn't a Raptor, and any perception issues are laughable since American media have been berating the Raptors for 25 years anyway, whether they have good cause to or not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nobody is questioning whether it's a good trade. The issue is that people seem to think DeRozan is in the wrong for being frustrated by it.
                          I don't think anyone thinks DD is wrong to be frustrated. From what I'm reading people are annoyed by how whiny he is. He's coming across as weak and unprofessional.

Comment

• Michael C. Wright was telling on Lowe post that Spurs were trying to fix the relationship with Kawhi until the bitter end. They really didn't want to trade him. Danny Green usually received some sort of heads up before the off-season was blindsided by the trade. It's possible that Masai made an offer, didn't hear from Spurs for a while, thought it wasn't going anywhere but then received a call.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Report were coming out that no one is untouchable. Way before the trade

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ed-untouchable

If Demar was honestly blindsided by this he needs a better agent

that was JUNE 5
                              He said he was told he was going no where during summer league. That's five weeks after this rumor you mentioned.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I don't think anyone thinks DD is wrong to be frustrated. From what I'm reading people are annoyed by how whiny he is. He's coming across as weak and unprofessional.
                                He's calling Masai a liar and that "given them chance" point was BS and I disagree with that. That's what I have issues with
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X