This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Michael C. Wright was telling on Lowe post that Spurs were trying to fix the relationship with Kawhi until the bitter end. They really didn't want to trade him. Danny Green usually received some sort of heads up before the off-season was blindsided by the trade. It's possible that Masai made an offer, didn't hear from Spurs for a while, thought it wasn't going anywhere but then received a call.
    My guess is the Spurs played hard ball with no leverage and lost.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      You don't know that. I was very clear in my post that I was saying from DeMar's perspective what it was. We don't (and never will) know what was actually said. So let's not pretend like we do.
      Its an assumption. I’m basing my assumption off logic. Not defending Masai, but there is no reason for anyone to say something when you know the opposite is going to happen.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Funniest thing about his anger at the suggestion that it was just he and Casey is that... yeah, it was mostly he and Casey. That's what Masai was saying, and it's the truth.
        But that's unfair in a sense right? Like let's say the Warriors didn't have Curry or Durant, and instead of Klay Thompson being celebrated, he's blamed for not being good enough as a number one scoring option to win a championship. I've never understood the practice of holding your best players responsible for team failures when it's pretty clear they aren't top 15 level in the first place.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

He's calling Masai a liar and that "given them chance" point was BS and I disagree with that. That's what I have issues with
          I'm correcting the notion that he had a month and a half notice, nothing more.

Comment

Michael C. Wright was telling on Lowe post that Spurs were trying to fix the relationship with Kawhi until the bitter end. They really didn't want to trade him. Danny Green usually received some sort of heads up before the off-season was blindsided by the trade. It's possible that Masai made an offer, didn't hear from Spurs for a while, thought it wasn't going anywhere but then received a call.
            Thats where the report of the deal falling apart comes into place I think. Masai gave the Spurs an offer, they originally said no in hopes to try and repair the relationship with Kawhi, then eventually brought the deal back, discussed various trade scenarios and agreed on one.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
              But that's unfair in a sense right? Like let's say the Warriors didn't have Curry or Durant, and instead of Klay Thompson being celebrated, he's blamed for not being good enough as a number one scoring option to win a championship. I've never understood the practice of holding your best players responsible for team failures when it's pretty clear they aren't top 15 level in the first place.
              He received all the good and bad which comes with being a leader. He didn't turn down the money or the responsibility. When failure occurs it's the leaders who generally pay the most in the end. This is common everywhere, not just in basketball.

Comment

What? That's exactly what Masai is saying. He's not saying DeMar is bad, he's saying he gave this core a go, and it proved unable to succeed at what they wanted to achieve, so he traded DeMar for a better 1A player.

So, yes, the issue was that the Raptors had a 1A scorer who was not good enough to lead the team to the heights they aspired to, and a coach that was unable to navigate playoff basketball. They fixed one of those things, and changed the coach (which is always a mystery box proposition, so may or may not have fixed the other issue).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I don't think anyone thinks DD is wrong to be frustrated. From what I'm reading people are annoyed by how whiny he is. He's coming across as weak and unprofessional.
                  Totally disagree about it being whiny or weak.

Again boils down to how people view players.

Comment

Masai said "I gave this group a bunch of chances" meaning, 5 years. So who is this group? Well, its Derozan, Casey, Lowry and JV. 2pat was also here for multiple years and they said bye bye baby. If you're in need of a major shakeup, you gonna get rid of delon Wright? Or is it JV with his 20 minutes and 8 shots a game? Kyle has no trade value, hes older and expensive (although truthfully I'm glad because we need him)

Derozan cast a huge shadow over this team. He had a very high usage. He was basically what Harden or Westbrook are to their teams. Except hes certainly not them. Any blind monkey with minimal IQ could put 2 and 2 together and see the only real way change could come
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Totally disagree about it being whiny or weak.

Again boils down to how people view players.
                      You don't think it's weak to go on ESPN and publicly lament with puppy dog eyes about being traded? Come on...

There are healthier ways to work this out.

Comment

• Nobody gets told about their trades in the history of sport. Period. Except the guys who demanded out, or the shit front offices who have leaks like a bad roof. Other than that, trades are always shocking and upsetting. It's the nature of the profession you chose. You hear it after NHL guys get dealt all the time "I found out the same way you guys did", they'll say to the media. And from what I heard masai made sure to call Derozan at midnight on the west coast which is before it broke to everyone else.

It's just the way the business operates. Not sure why all of a sudden this is a big bone of contention.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I like it. Bring on the season!

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              You don't think it's weak to go on ESPN and publicly lament with puppy dog eyes about being traded? Come on...

There are healthier ways to work this out.
                              I don't think it's weak to give the media an honest interview about how he feels about the situation, no.
                              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Cleaned house.

I'm glad Jama Malalalalalala survived. Seems like he's got a bright future

Comment

Working...
                                X