This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    The weirdest part was reading "San Antonito guard DeMar DeRoan". Nothing wrong with him withdrawing...break up is too fresh to attend your ex's wedding.
    It’s not a break up. He didn’t get dumped or fired or anything worthy of this moping. Dude got traded to another team that will still pay him millions and he can hang with Rudy again.

This break up analogy has gone too far. Time for Demar to man up and start focusing on moving forward.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      It’s not a break up. He didn’t get dumped or fired or anything worthy of this moping. Dude got traded to another team that will still pay him millions and he can hang with Rudy again.

This break up analogy has gone too far. Time for Demar to man up and start focusing on moving forward.
      If you go to reddit they're all still crying like they lost a loved one.

My theory is that the average there is a lot younger and they all probably dont remember a time before derozan was on the team.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Yeah, this is the other upside mentioned above to this deal. It brings clarity. Before the deal, what happens in 2019-20? Do you ride out the expiring deals and try to compete for another year with no real hope of success beyond what you've already achieved? Or do you sell off that core to kickstart the rebuild?

Pretty clear now. Kawhi re-signs? Fantastic. Let's go. He doesn't? Crap. But no point in running the team back without him, so fire sale the crap out of those expirings and let's get us a high 1st rounder and extra assets.
        Dan, what are the rules re signing your players to an extension off of your current contract before it expires? Is it allowed?

I am thinking that over the period leading up to the beginning of the season, Masai and others are going to be able to evaluate Kawhi's physical conditioning. If permissible the Raptors can offer K an extension of say 3 yrs. starting 19-20 at the max value. There is risk of course but it also offers K security/surety in advance of taking to the court for next season. The Raptors can also set up their personnel planning if K is in the fold longer term.

Given the Kawhi personality profile which seems to be coming more revelatory such an offer might strike a positive chord.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          If you go to reddit they're all still crying like they lost a loved one.

My theory is that the average there is a lot younger and they all probably dont remember a time before derozan was on the team.
          Reddit: *looks at Kyle it should've been you...it should've been YOU
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Reddit: *looks at Kyle it should've been you...it should've been YOU
            Two iso scores with a league average QB (fvv)
            Sounds much worse than Kawhi, a 3 and d wing and an all star QB (kyle)

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              No he doesn't. Not like you or I lol. When you're that rich other people do all that shit for you. You just show up and look at a couple houses until you say "this one."

Picturing DeRozan wrapping all his plates in newspaper and packing them in boxes lol

The guy has to sell his place, move his stuff, find another place to live, potentially find schools for his kids.

Kind of ironic that people are judging his actions on a message board and saying he's the one that needs to move on when he's no longer even a part of this team.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                It hurts when you get traded for a better player
                - Jalen Rose
                Real talk.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

The guy has to sell his place, move his stuff, find another place to live, potentially find schools for his kids.

Kind of ironic that people are judging his actions on a message board and saying he's the one that needs to move on when he's no longer even a part of this team.
                  You realize Derozan himself will likely do none of those things. Move his stuff are you kidding 100 millionaires don't carry couches

Comment

• Derozan has to miss camp cause he got Ross from Friends to help him move his shit

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Dan, what are the rules re signing your players to an extension off of your current contract before it expires? Is it allowed?

I am thinking that over the period leading up to the beginning of the season, Masai and others are going to be able to evaluate Kawhi's physical conditioning. If permissible the Raptors can offer K an extension of say 3 yrs. starting 19-20 at the max value. There is risk of course but it also offers K security/surety in advance of taking to the court for next season. The Raptors can also set up their personnel planning if K is in the fold longer term.

Given the Kawhi personality profile which seems to be coming more revelatory such an offer might strike a positive chord.
                      Extensions for players not coming off their rookie contract are pretty rare, especially in times like this where the cap level changes so much year to year. The most we can offer Kawhi on an extension now, is a slight raise on his current salary. While if he waits and opts out to hit free agency next summer, he can sign a deal starting at almost 10M more than he currently makes.

It makes no sense for Kawhi to agree to an extension, but even if the numbers made sense, I'd bet he waits to see how the year goes anyway.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        You realize Derozan himself will likely do none of those things. Move his stuff are you kidding 100 millionaires don't carry couches
                        Obviously I didn't mean literally. I moved across countries and my work paid for it and there was still a lot of bullshit to do in terms of deciding what to keep and what to ditch. The recruiters that headhunted me also also produced dossiers for where my kids could go to school and neighbourhoods I should look into and stuff like that, and even then it's still not like snapping your fingers. It's a big life change. Dropping out of a visit to another continent is totally understandable.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Is this Chris Haynes dude Demar's new publicist?
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Typical Vince move.. goes to a warm place with a crappy team with no expectations.. and gets paid handsomely or it. The guy just wants money.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Typical Vince move.. goes to a warm place with a crappy team with no expectations.. and gets paid handsomely or it. The guy just wants money.
                                Looks like he signed for the minimum.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X