This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Typical Vince move.. goes to a warm place with a crappy team with no expectations.. and gets paid handsomely or it. The guy just wants money.
    Nope

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Looks like he signed for the minimum.
      Yeah okay just saw from Shams... $2.4M (vet min). Still getting paid handsomely

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Typical Vince move.. goes to a warm place with a crappy team with no expectations.. and gets paid handsomely or it. The guy just wants money.
          Honestly think Vince just loves the game. That was never the problem. He just doesn't love to compete at the elite level like Jordan, Kobe, Duncan, etc.

Vince is happy just playing the game he loves, and as long as people will pay him to do that he will. And once he's done playing he'll probably get paid to be a commentator or something.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            You realize Derozan himself will likely do none of those things. Move his stuff are you kidding 100 millionaires don't carry couches
            Right, but man...these things take a bit of time and August is like the only window to do this. The guy’s going through marital issues if he wants to go look at a couple private schools that’s fine with me. Maybe he wants to show his kid their new bedroom and spend some time with them before going on road trips etc. Even if he can buy a place in cash he still needs time to get settled. I agree the process is much easier than for you and I but even so I have no beef with him taking a few weeks to do his thing in a new city.

Comment

I think he just wants to keep playing and Atlanta was the only team interested.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                I think he just wants to keep playing and Atlanta was the only team interested.
                Possibly. There are probably quite a few teams that have a 14th or 15th roster spot available. He is a vet.. and all teams like to have vets. He went for the minimum on arguably the worst team in the league. If that was his only option, than retirement is just around the corner for him.

I suspect he wants to play.. meaning he wants minutes. And Atlanta can afford him that over some other team. I think that's probably what it came down to. He just always seems to be rotating among these really bad teams in warm weather cities.. Atlanta, Sacramento, Phoenix, Dallas (although Dallas was a PO team).

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I don't really get the Denver Hype.
                  Or Jazz?

Comment

• As if the trade needed anymore justification from a basketball standpoint... When DeMar said in the interview that "the reason they didn't go to the Finals" was going away so he had better hopes for the next season, it proved Masai's point. It is true that LeBron is gone and his departure makes things easier, but if your star is saying that, what hope do you have? There's the Finals, you know? You want a guy who feels like they can win it all as your main option.

We, and DeMar, are all not dumb. We know that James is the best player and the Warriors are the best team. But if you are the main player of a team, and you want to go to the Finals, an inherently difficult thing to do, of a competitive sport's main league, an inherently competitive environment, how are you gonna say you wanted to essentially get there by catching a break? And this is just the latest example, lest we forget the "if we had LeBron we would have won" comments.

With those, DeRozan admits, smartly so might I add, that he's not on that level. Unfortunately, since the business is so cold, that makes him expendable. If that's the case, then the debate is only about the details. It doesn't make it less painful, but to judge Masai's merits on this trade from any kind of basketball perspective is crazy.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      And masai said all summer that everyone was available. Which GM calls a player to tell them they are gettig traded before the deal is done? Obviously there was some issue in communication, and Demar has every right to be frustrated about that, but its not like Masai was intentionally lying to him.
                      Lack of communication or lack of listening & common sense skills?
                      Lets see:
                      Your best/highest paid player flames out misserably last 4 years in playoffs;
                      Boss (MU) says everybody is available (as they should be); What GM/pres would be stupid enogh to tell its player: you suck (or not good enough) I'll try to trade you???
                      Demar: We appreciate your effort (though results often poor esp on D), superb work ethic & loyalty & we rewarded you hansomly - Get on with your life.
                      Go Raps

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        It’s not a break up. He didn’t get dumped or fired or anything worthy of this moping. Dude got traded to another team that will still pay him millions and he can hang with Rudy again.

This break up analogy has gone too far. Time for Demar to man up and start focusing on moving forward.
                        Wouldn't exactly call what he was doing "moping". Seems pretty false.

I don't think anyone on the outside gets to decide when he has to focus on moving forward like you said. He's gonna deal with it how he deals with it and then move on and focus on making San Antonio better afterwards.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Is this Chris Haynes dude Demar's new publicist?
                          I mean this dude is just doing what trashy sports beat reporter do and they go the source of controversy and they exploit the absolute shit out of it. Chris Haynes does not give two fucks about DeMar or his situation. Where the fuck has he been for him when he was in Toronto? I'll tell you. Absolutely nowhere near DeMar! He's literally just using DeMar for free publicity and exposure. Sure he's already well known, but can you imagine how much more exposure he'll get by exploiting "the sad story of how a franchise player got traded after giving them their all to the city".
                          Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Wed Jul 25, 2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Douche move

I think i moved on a lot quicker from my breakups than DeMar getting traded to SA. Lmao.

Hmmm....who could take that open spot? Now we'll see how persuasive Masai is

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Douche move

I think i moved on a lot quicker from my breakups than DeMar getting traded to SA. Lmao.

Frankly, I don't really give a fuck if he doesn't go this or not. i don't think it's a big deal. Sure it's obvious why he's not going *cough*Masai*cough*, but maybe it'll be good he just lays low for a few days to settle his affairs. Sure he won't physically be the one buy a new house, selling his old house, and finding new school for his kids, but at least it'll give him some time to cool the fuck off. He'll take some time to reflect and spend time with family. It'll be good for the Raptors and Raptors fans. Raptors media heat will blow over when no one gives a fuck anymore and Raptors fans can cool down too with Demar. It'll be good for everyone.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Hmmm....who could take that open spot? Now we'll see how persuasive Masai is
                                Masai should just take him (and Uncle Dennis) on the trip and show them the sights of Africa and the program. Kawhi need not participate other than do some signings and showing off his mitts

#ProtectTheQuad

Comment

Working...
                                X