This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I think I'd be ok with Bebe, on the assumption that Jonas plays big minutes this year.
    What I noticed with Bebe that if playing "miningfull" back-up minutes (say 8-15 mins) is is solid (most of the time).
    In garbage minute, he is brutal (no interest).

Comment

• They use fluorescent green basketballs in China?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I think I'd be ok with Bebe, on the assumption that Jonas plays big minutes this year.
        Only if he stays glued to the bench during the playoffs.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
          Axel, thanks for bringing us back to relevant stuffs.
          WRT your list, you are correct, slim pickings.
          Basically its Bebe or nothing.
          I might be wrong, but I think Speights already signed "somewhere".
          Honestly I would rather take a chance on a new face rather than bring back Bebe.

Christian Wood had a great summer league and is still just 22. He played for the Bucks there and they haven't made him an offer yet as far as I can tell. Swoop in now and make him an offer for a 2-way deal or something. He still has potential. What's the worst that can happen? He's just as bad as Bebe?

Anyway it doesn't have to be Wood, but I would much rather that kind of move than bringing back Bebe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Not according to NBA.com free agent tracker, but that probably only triggers when signing is official. Haven't seen his name anywhere lately.

Too bad PJ Brown retired a decade ago, he was always good as a vet to bring in if he saw a contender.
            This may be the first year where vet buyouts looks to come to Toronto for a playoff run.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Honestly I would rather take a chance on a new face rather than bring back Bebe.

Christian Wood had a great summer league and is still just 22. He played for the Bucks there and they haven't made him an offer yet as far as I can tell. Swoop in now and make him an offer for a 2-way deal or something. He still has potential. What's the worst that can happen? He's just as bad as Bebe?

Anyway it doesn't have to be Wood, but I would much rather that kind of move than bringing back Bebe.
              I forgot that guy existed.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                If by trade, I'd want someone like Jamychal Green. I think he'd be perfect.
                I think you need someone of the 7ft variety in the case JV goes down with injury.

Comment

• True or false, JV's defence is going to be scrutinized more this season than in the past?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    True or false, JV's defence is going to be scrutinized more this season than in the past?
                    False. It will be scrutinized the same amount
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

True or false, JV's defence is going to be scrutinized more this season than in the past?
                      Maybe but they're probably not going to find anyone better than him overall.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        I forgot that guy existed.
                        Pretty sure if you asked outside of Toronto, that would be the general opinion on Bebe.

Just to add, Wood had an amazing year in the G-League last year. So it's not just one strong summer league. Not sure if he's an NBA player, but he definitely did well enough to earn a shot.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jul 26, 2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• JV/Norm/CJ for M. Gasol and Green? No idea if that works and even less idea if that is good for either team but just putting it out there.

Comment

JV/Norm/CJ for M. Gasol and Green? No idea if that works and even less idea if that is good for either team but just putting it out there.
                            Holy fuck no. Gasol is not in his prime anymore. This is flat out a bad idea.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              False. It will be scrutinized the same amount
                              I was just thinking our defensive strength is now at the wing positions and you bookend that with Lowry and Serge, so those spots get plenty of help from the wings. C on the other hand will not get the same amount of help from the wings

Comment

I was just thinking our defensive strength is now at the wing positions and you bookend that with Lowry and Serge, so those spots get plenty of help from the wings. C on the other hand will not get the same amount of help from the wings
                                What kind of help are you talking about though?

If it's in the post, JV generally doesn't need help.

If it's in motion on the p'n'r, that should become easier now with all the strong defenders we have on the wing. It won't be DeMar getting screened and giving up on the play. I expect much better fight from our guys now. That will allow JV to hang back more, where he was good last year, and mean he has to switch less.

Comment

Working...
                                X