This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Honest question: has any player, in any sport, ever thanked, by name, the GM who traded him *immediately* after being traded?
    Don't need to thank the GM but you don't need to single him out either.

Brian Widhorst is slowly becoming a voice of reason & objective on ESPN, his take is spot on.

https://www.tsn.ca/nba/video/widnhor...-wrong~1448197

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Don't need to thank the GM but you don't need to single him out either.

Brian Widhorst is slowly becoming a voice of reason & objective on ESPN, his take is spot on.

https://www.tsn.ca/nba/video/widnhor...-wrong~1448197
      Windhorst has always been a good reporter though.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I don't want to pile on after all the basically good years, but the unnecessary comments from DeRozan are disappointing. I agree that some professionalism would mean speaking a bit more diplomatically to the cameras, even if you've got some different personal feelings about it. That's a basic level of professionalism that I'd guess most of us deal with in our jobs.

I also think Oak nailed it:

"“I don’t get caught up in that, the loyalty,” he said in a wide-ranging conversation, as if there’s any other kind with Oakley. “They don’t owe you nothing. They’re paying you money, they’re paying you to play so whatever happens. I tell players who are playing who say ‘I don’t like that coach’ or ‘I don’t like this coach’ that at the end of the day, if the coach don’t win, the coach gets fired. Sometimes players get traded (but the) coach gets fired before the players.

“I think DeRozan is a good kid, he did a lot for the city, he’s a humble kid. Last year I was surprised to see him get benched in the playoffs, the No. 1 player on the team, so I guess that had a lot to do with trading him this summer.”

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...d-toronto.html
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Norm & Bruno in UCLA pick up game.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Catty? If he's asked about it what is he supposed to say? Is he supposed to lie and say they'll still be friends?

Here he is being asked about it repeatedly:
            https://streamable.com/yhfro
            He doesn't make a big deal out of it and tries to keep his answers short but they keep asking him.

People want to talk about how they hate fake PR bs and then when someone is honest and it goes counter to what they want to hear, they shit on the guy for it.

DeMar made it very clear that it wasn't the business part of the decision that upset him, it was this:

He also said a lot of positive things but you guys just want to focus on the negative:

And this:

But hey who cares about 9 years, right? Great fans.
            Afuckingmen. This guys gave us 9 years of his life. It's very hard to move on from something you gave 9 years to. Expecting him to just move on within a couple of weeks ago is ridiculous. I have no problem with Demar lashing out at Masai. As we can see, he has nothing but praises for the actual fanbase.

planetmars wrote: View Post
            "I want to thank Mr. Ujiri for giving me an opportunity to play basketball in the great city of Toronto. I will miss the fans and the city and they will be a part of me for a very long time. I am looking forward to playing in the city of San Antonio with one of the greatest coaches the sport has ever had".
            So you'll want him to reiterate some fake PR bs? Fuck that.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Catty? If he's asked about it what is he supposed to say? Is he supposed to lie and say they'll still be friends?

Here he is being asked about it repeatedly:
              https://streamable.com/yhfro
              He doesn't make a big deal out of it and tries to keep his answers short but they keep asking him.

People want to talk about how they hate fake PR bs and then when someone is honest and it goes counter to what they want to hear, they shit on the guy for it.

DeMar made it very clear that it wasn't the business part of the decision that upset him, it was this:

He also said a lot of positive things but you guys just want to focus on the negative:

And this:

But hey who cares about 9 years, right? Great fans.
              Brilliant fucking post man. So many people are ready to just fucking skewer him, but the guy really hasn't done anything wrong here.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                "I want to thank Mr. Ujiri for giving me an opportunity to play basketball in the great city of Toronto. I will miss the fans and the city and they will be a part of me for a very long time. I am looking forward to playing in the city of San Antonio with one of the greatest coaches the sport has ever had".
                Lol I'm sorry but who on earth who has effectively just been fired from somewhere, express this kind of notion towards the person who fired them?

If you got fired from your workplace, you'd tell everyone how grateful you were to work there? Come on fam. There's being professional and then there's being somebody's bitch.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Hockey. Hockey guys just go with the flow usually.
                  Ah yeah those hockey guys are so classy, solving every problem with fist-fights. A league where my boy Iginla couldn't escape racist abuse from his fellow players for most of his career.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Honest question: has any player, in any sport, ever thanked, by name, the GM who traded him *immediately* after being traded?
                    Anyone who has played for the Sacramento Kings.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Anyone who has played for the Sacramento Kings.
                      Lol what an answer, bravo

Comment

• I don't understand how it's ok what Derozan is saying. He's slandering the president and the franchise. The way American media talks about Toronto since the trade was for the most part negative and he played role in that.

Masai talked about honoring Demar and even apologized for lack of communication. Derozan spit in his face.

So how's that cool I don't understand
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• and he wasn't fucking fired. He still has a job. He moved from one Starbucks to another Starbucks. Chill
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            Ah yeah those hockey guys are so classy, solving every problem with fist-fights. A league where my boy Iginla couldn't escape racist abuse from his fellow players for most of his career.
                            Again so quick to play the race card or hint at it. Surely you have examples of this modern day Jackie Robinson? Cause I lived in Calgary his whole career and can't recall a racist incident once.

And yes, hockey players fight, the barbarians. At least basketball players mostly mean mug and do the "hold me back" thing
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              I don't understand how it's ok what Derozan is saying. He's slandering the president and the franchise. The way American media talks about Toronto since the trade was for the most part negative and he played role in that.

Masai talked about honoring Demar and even apologized for lack of communication. Derozan spit in his face.

So how's that cool I don't understand
                              I like where I read that Masai would never have traded DeMar the person, but DeMar the basketball player had to be upgraded when the opportunity presented itself ..... now DeMar the person is tarnishing his Toronto legacy just a bit imo.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X