This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octothorp wrote: View Post
    Already signed with the Nets for around 4 million. Would have been the perfect fit for a depth big for us, IMO.
    Darn. That's cheap. We could have used the MLE. Steady Eddie would have been perfect. Not much range, but he's a solid, high efficiency big man with experience. Basically does what Tristan Thompson does at a fraction of the price.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      This is the first time since 2006 that we aren't trying hide one our best players deficiencies. First it was Bargs rebounding and defence, then it was DeRozan's defence and lack of outside game.

Every year since 2006 we have tried to build teams to make up for those glaring issues, and now we have balanced players that can play the modern game. Kinda nice isn't it?

JV should show a ton of improvement on D, with better perimeter D he won;t be over extended and can play a solid role.
      For the first time in a while we have a player in Kawhi who actually makes players around him better. Derozan developed his vision and passing but he was liability defensively which put pressure on his teammates. Now I expect JV to have easier time defending. OG, Pascal, Green can really shine when they don't have to defend best player. Lowry is going to thrive.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Wondering if anyone has an idea as to why Chris Wood hasn't been picked up by an NBA team? I mean, he's 6'11", explosive athlete, runs the floor well, rolls really well on the p'n'r, has a 3pt range, rebounds well (at least in the G league), and is only 22 years old.

There's obviously some reason or some marked limitation to his game for him to still be roaming the G-league, I'm just trying to figure out what it is...

He dominated in summer league (made first team). I'm hoping he's the guy we get, but I'm curious to know more about his game

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
          Wondering if anyone has an idea as to why Chris Wood hasn't been picked up by an NBA team? I mean, he's 6'11", explosive athlete, runs the floor well, rolls really well on the p'n'r, has a 3pt range, rebounds well (at least in the G league), and is only 22 years old.

There's obviously some reason or some marked limitation to his game for him to still be roaming the G-league, I'm just trying to figure out what it is...

He dominated in summer league (made first team). I'm hoping he's the guy we get, but I'm curious to know more about his game
          IIRC, Wood had a reputation as a bit of a troublemaker around the time he was drafted.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Read the Raptors are interestef in Thomas Robinson and Christian Wood.
            If I was to choice it probably be wood we need to replace our shot blocking

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              IIRC, Wood had a reputation as a bit of a troublemaker around the time he was drafted.
              inthepaint wrote: View Post
              Wondering if anyone has an idea as to why Chris Wood hasn't been picked up by an NBA team? I mean, he's 6'11", explosive athlete, runs the floor well, rolls really well on the p'n'r, has a 3pt range, rebounds well (at least in the G league), and is only 22 years old.

Maybe we should sign him, and Masai can sit him down for "the talk" like he did with Lowry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• https://hoopshype.com/2018/07/16/nba...cy-trades-gms/

“If teams don’t want something to leak, they shouldn’t tell it to an agent. Because for most agents, it’s hard for them to keep something a secret. There’s no blanket answer because every team feels differently about leaking and each organization has different relationships. But my advice would be not to give away any information if they absolutely don’t want it leaking.”
                “It really depends on what’s being leaked. If a contract negotiation is being leaked, it’s a little tacky, but it’s not really affecting things too much – in my opinion. If you’re leaking trade negotiations, that’s much more sensitive information and teams will get upset because that could butcher the relationship and trust with the other team they’re dealing with. Plus, it could also upset the players on their team who are involved in the trade talks. It really depends on what’s being linked. Each team, each general manager, is a little bit different in terms of how they react to leaks too.”
                “I think it’s all about controlling the narrative. You always want to control the narrative and leaking certain things allows you to do that. I think that’s the main reason – to control the narrative and influence how the story gets told.”
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Send this to DeMar.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Send this to DeMar.
                    Nah for those that pay attention in a interview demar said he found at he was traded at 12 am the trade didn’t come out till 4 am So why is he mad again. MU said everyone is available right after the season.

Comment

• When are they going to announce the sked?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        When are they going to announce the sked?
                        Last year it was August 14th, I believe. Several days before that for the Christmas games and national TV schedule.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• gd Joel Embiid is a monster

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...115271680?s=19
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

• I'm interested to see how many nationally televised games they'll have this year now that they have a true superstar on their team. They've had a lot of nationally televised games when VC was here. Kawhi is the best player we've had since VC.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• U know what when I think about it Thomas Robinson would be a good change up piece

Comment

Working...
                                X