This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Nice find, PM. We need stuff like this to get us through these dog days. Money shot.....

I'm not sold on Nick Nurse, but I really hope he can be "our genius" that can go toe-to-toe with Stevens in the playoffs.
    Hey, I'll just be happy if he doesn't throw away at least a game or two per playoff series, which was pretty much the norm under Casey.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Hey, I'll just be happy if he doesn't throw away at least a game or two per playoff series, which was pretty much the norm under Casey.

He threw away games without even trying, my goodness.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Just a highlight package above.. but Norm is looking good. He's not just putting his head down and driving to the rim awkwardly. He's pulling up for 3's.. passing out to an open guy.

Not sure how he gets any minutes/burn this year. And it could be a shame if he's gone back to the guy we drafted.. especially defensively, but gets no minutes to prove himself.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Just a highlight package above.. but Norm is looking good. He's not just putting his head down and driving to the rim awkwardly. He's pulling up for 3's.. passing out to an open guy.

Not sure how he gets any minutes/burn this year. And it could be a shame if he's gone back to the guy we drafted.. especially defensively, but gets no minutes to prove himself.
          Is Norm looking good, though? Summer is the time to work on more advanced moves, and his game still looks pretty simplistic. Even Pascal has some summer videos where he's taking guys off the dribble and breaking a few ankles. IMO, Norm needs to add an element of shifty-ness to his game, especially some finishing and counter moves. If I was Norm, I'd be watching vintage Manu Ginobili videos 24/7.

Comment

If I was Norm, I'd be watching vintage Manu Ginobili videos 24/7.
            Or Rawle Alkins summer league highlights.

Comment

Is Norm looking good, though? Summer is the time to work on more advanced moves, and his game still looks pretty simplistic. Even Pascal has some summer videos where he's taking guys off the dribble and breaking a few ankles. IMO, Norm needs to add an element of shifty-ness to his game, especially some finishing and counter moves. If I was Norm, I'd be watching vintage Manu Ginobili videos 24/7.
              Honestly if I was Norm, I would be working on my 3pt. shot. There will always be minutes available for 3&D guys like Danny Green. He's not going to break out as a guy that creates shots for himself at this point in his career. At least not to a point where a team says they can use him on their team. But if he can hit an open shot and defend his man then some team will see value in him.

Comment

• MVP odds... Lebron 1st, Kawhi 6th, Demar 14th, Lowry 29th

((You have to click on it when you open it or it looks like Giannis (3rd) is first...))

Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Wed Aug 15, 2018, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Casey's secret playbook - "Curveballs" is printed on the cover, right below the red "Top Secret" stamp:

Page 1 - "Use your 4th string point guard in the playoffs while actual NBA guards sit on the bench, healthy and ready to play. He's never been scouted! Nobody knows who he is!"

Lorenzo Brown is -17 in 4 playoff appearances, 3 of them Raptors losses.

Page 2 - "Use your 3rd string centre in the playoffs while more talented bigs sit on the bench, healthy. Nobody expects this! They'll never see it coming!"

Lucas Nogueira is -28 in 5 playoff appearances, including a spectacular -19 in just 5 minutes of Round 1, Game 2. Incredibly, he had 1 pt, 1 reb, 1 ast, 3 TO's, and 6 fouls in 24 minutes of playoff action.

Page 3 - "Always, always, always wear your championship ring to the press conference after elimination."

Page 4 - "The End"

Just jokes coach! He's a good guy.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Not sure how Lebron is the MVP fave with his team not projected to be all that good. Unless they think he can duplicate Westbrook's triple-double season(s)? Same goes for Davis.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Not sure how Lebron is the MVP fave with his team not projected to be all that good. Unless they think he can duplicate Westbrook's triple-double season(s)? Same goes for Davis.
                      Great point. It may be Harden's year. Or if GS really rolls, I could see them going back to KD or Curry.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Honestly if I was Norm, I would be working on my 3pt. shot. There will always be minutes available for 3&D guys like Danny Green. He's not going to break out as a guy that creates shots for himself at this point in his career. At least not to a point where a team says they can use him on their team. But if he can hit an open shot and defend his man then some team will see value in him.
                        Yeah, that too. And his decision making with the ball. Norm's got a lot of stuff to work on, tbh.

In some ways, it's a bit concerning to see a big guy like Pascal, who started playing basketball really late, have a much better feel for the game than an athletic guard like Norm.

Comment

In some ways, it's a bit concerning to see a big guy like Pascal, who started playing basketball really late, have a much better feel for the game than an athletic guard like Norm.
                          This is my concern. It's not Norm's individual skills, his athleticism, his work ethic, etc. Last season it just looked like poor feel for the game, poor decision making on a regular basis. Driving into traffic when he should have pulled it up or kicked it out especially, but also just trying to do too much in general.

Hopefully it's all chalked up to a poor start to the season that led to him losing minutes and then overthinking his play and trying too hard for too much of the year. But man, guys usually work through that - he still got pretty regular appearances all throughout the season and he never broke through. Here's to hoping for this year.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Casey's secret playbook - "Curveballs" is printed on the cover, right below the red "Top Secret" stamp:

Page 1 - "Use your 4th string point guard in the playoffs while actual NBA guards sit on the bench, healthy and ready to play. He's never been scouted! Nobody knows who he is!"

Lorenzo Brown is -17 in 4 playoff appearances, 3 of them Raptors losses.

Page 2 - "Use your 3rd string centre in the playoffs while more talented bigs sit on the bench, healthy. Nobody expects this! They'll never see it coming!"

Lucas Nogueira is -28 in 5 playoff appearances, including a spectacular -19 in just 5 minutes of Round 1, Game 2. Incredibly, he had 1 pt, 1 reb, 1 ast, 3 TO's, and 6 fouls in 24 minutes of playoff action.

Page 3 - "Always, always, always wear your championship ring to the press conference after elimination."

Page 4 - "The End"

Just jokes coach! He's a good guy.
                            Reminded me of this...

Comment

Great point. It may be Harden's year. Or if GS really rolls, I could see them going back to KD or Curry.
                              Harden just won it. My money would be on swinging it back to GS, or whoever is #1 in the East.

Comment

This is my concern. It's not Norm's individual skills, his athleticism, his work ethic, etc. Last season it just looked like poor feel for the game, poor decision making on a regular basis. Driving into traffic when he should have pulled it up or kicked it out especially, but also just trying to do too much in general.

Hopefully it's all chalked up to a poor start to the season that led to him losing minutes and then overthinking his play and trying too hard for too much of the year. But man, guys usually work through that - he still got pretty regular appearances all throughout the season and he never broke through. Here's to hoping for this year.
                                The problem here is, what exactly is anyone hoping to get from Norm when he's on the court? I'm more or less projecting him to give us what Danny Green gives us....and well, we already have Danny Green. Maybe Norm can knock off Miles for some mins. if his shooting improves to a point where combined with his defence he brings better on court value than Miles' shooting alone, but he's got a way to go with his shot before that happens. And quite frankly I'm expecting CJ to feast on open shots this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X