This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Assuming we hold onto Siakam's RFA rights, we currently have 16M we can spend on other pieces and still have OG, Powell, Siakam's rights, Leonard at the max and room for one other max guy in 2020.

How we spend that 16M is yet to be decided, but some of it could go to Wright.
    Well $16M is not a lot.. and there is no PG on the roster with that money left over. I doubt Lowry would take $10M. Not sure what Fred's asking price would be two years from now either. Perhaps keeping Wright would be a good insurance plan in case we can't replace Lowry or Fred with the money we have left over after signing Anthony Davis

If Delon takes a $10M type of deal.. that leaves only $6M with 6 guys on the roster, and about 6-7 roster spots to fill.

How many ring chasers would want to play with Kawhi and Davis?

Comment

• I could see Masai giving 1 year deals to JV, Lowry and Fred, a 2 year to Delon and hold on to the cap space for 2021 for Giannis who is Masai's real target (AD is a complete pipe dream anyway).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I could see Masai giving 1 year deals to JV, Lowry and Fred, a 2 year to Delon and hold on to the cap space for 2021 for Giannis who is Masai's real target (AD is a complete pipe dream anyway).
        Yep. That's the plan I've outlined. If you strike out on AD, you massively overpay your core to return on one year deals, then play the cap space game the next summer.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Masai has never let a player on a rookie deal walk for nothing, not even Bruno. He sure as shit isn't going to start with Delon. He will be resigned at great value or traded.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Masai has never let a player on a rookie deal walk for nothing, not even Bruno. He sure as shit isn't going to start with Delon. He will be resigned at great value or traded.
            I really like Delon, he's shown flashes right from the start and the consistency seems to be coming along. I get that he's 26 already, just need the consistency. He makes some head turning plays.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              I really like Delon, he's shown flashes right from the start and the consistency seems to be coming along. I get that he's 26 already, just need the consistency. He makes some head turning plays.
              The 'late-bloomer' tag still runs true, the guy could be a starting-calibre point guard in this league for the next 7 or 8 years.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                hypothetical.... if you keep kawhi... do you not retain delon. Additionally if you keep kawhi and lets say someone such as Giannis comes.... do you keep OG like how does Giannis OG and Kawhi fit? Who plays what position.

Comment

• Kind of concerning that so many people are operating under the assumption that Kawhi will re-sign (which is unlikely).

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    Kind of concerning that so many people are operating under the assumption that Kawhi will re-sign (which is unlikely).
                    im 35/65

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Kind of concerning that so many people are operating under the assumption that Kawhi will re-sign (which is unlikely).
                      I don't think anyone is operating under that assumption, so much as planning for that scenario. Because the path is obvious if he doesn't re-sign, and the details of that path are largely irrelevant beyond "be bad."
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Are there any projections to what the cap will look like now that the NBA is allowing betting on their games? Will it impact it at all?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          The monroe signing certainly put an even bigger minutes crunch on the small guys. You gotta think ideally, 28 minutes for JV, 26~ for ibaka/siakam, 12-14 for monroe, and a few spot minutes of OG or Kawhi at the 4. That means while Powell was already the odd man out, theres likely another odd man out or very sparingly used 11th man. Is it miles? Is it Wright? Is it whoever is struggling the most that week? Theres injury depth, Internal competition, matchup options, and future trade chips.

Its actually probably the most depth we've ever had. In the same year we finally put a top 5 player as the star at the top of the Christmas tree.

What else is there left to say about masai..
                          CJ is a one trick pony. Though NP is smaller he can defend and can both attack the rim and hit the open 3. Due to cap issues , however , we may lose NP. NP has a lot of potential and I would love to see him take minutes fro CJ.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            CJ is a one trick pony. Though NP is smaller he can defend and can both attack the rim and hit the open 3. Due to cap issues , however , we may lose NP. NP has a lot of potential and I would love to see him take minutes fro CJ.
                            He can do that? Maybe once in a blue moon.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              He can do that?
                              Potentially. For now, he hasn't been able to do either of late.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Are there any projections to what the cap will look like now that the NBA is allowing betting on their games? Will it impact it at all?
                                It's really hard to say. The direct partnership the NBA announced is actually very low value. It will depend on what cut the NBA can negotiate on betting, if any at all, to generate a real rise in the cap.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X