This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    As a fan I don't like the KD signing.. but if you take his perspective you can't really blame him. He wanted a ring (or a set of them) and that's what everyone seems to care about. Jordan > Lebron because he has 6 rings, and Lebron only has 3. Charles Barkley, Kevin Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, etc never had a ring.

All anybody cares about is the ring. KD had a chance to get one.. and took it. Just like Cousins did this summer or Lebron did when he joined Wade and Bosh or when Allen joined them. It's like the only thing most of these guys care about.
    Yeah but KD ring CHASED at 27 years old, like the old grizzled Ray Bourque page in the playbook. He could have went to say a Boston..or a Toronto...or anywhere else really and likely still won his ring, in good time. He's very close to being the best player in the world and probably will hold the title for a year or 2 when Lebrons reign ends. He didn't need to join maybe the best team in history.

Now he just looks like a chump with 2 rings. I would have gambled that I could win one without the 73 win Warriors. But I'm not him, and he's not me. At the end of the day whatever makes him happy is fine. But I don't think this really did make him happy he seems super insecure lol
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Draymond did all the recruiting. Klay couldn't care less. I'm wondering if steph in any way regrets it..they'd probably still ve b2b champs and hed have at least 1 finals mvp and maybe be in talks for league mvp. Now hes just another star player
      One of the underrated worst things about all this is that we don't get to see Steph fully explore his limits anymore. Hopefully we get at least another year or two of him in his prime without Durant.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        One of the underrated worst things about all this is that we don't get to see Steph fully explore his limits anymore. Hopefully we get at least another year or two of him in his prime without Durant.
        But one of the benefits is that KD allows Steph to rest through the season and even during the playoffs last year, so he hasn't blown out his ankles. Seems like a high probability Steph gets injured more seriously or at a critical time without Durant joining the Warriors. Yet another win-win for them.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          But one of the benefits is that KD allows Steph to rest through the season and even during the playoffs last year, so he hasn't blown out his ankles. Seems like a high probability Steph gets injured more seriously or at a critical time without Durant joining the Warriors. Yet another win-win for them.
          Yep. Also if KD doesn't play in last season playoffs, highly likely the Rockets win that series.

Comment

• We do need a couple of throwback jersey nights.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              We do need a couple of throwback jersey nights.

So sick. That Kawhi pic will be somebodies Avatar in 3 ... 2 ... 1...

Also, love that 90s Jerseys are now seen as Classic Throwbacks ... 90s Jerseys are so indescribably "90s". Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                So sick. That Kawhi pic will be somebodies Avatar in 3 ... 2 ... 1...

Also, love that 90s Jerseys are now seen as Classic Throwbacks ... 90s Jerseys are so indescribably "90s". Lol
                Jay Z used to think he looked good

Comment

• Draymond got that recruiting aspect down pat.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Draymond got that recruiting aspect down pat.
                    Draymond kind of reminds me of Tupac with that same energy and gift of gab

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Draymond kind of reminds me of Tupac with that same energy and gift of gab
                      Tupac was 10x the man that Draymond was or ever will be. Draymond can be honest for rare moments of clarity but most of the time he is a gigantic douche.

Pac is the GOAT rapper and probably one of the most influential figures in black culture of the last thirty years.

It's like comparing Sean Avery to John Lennon.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Yep. Also if KD doesn't play in last season playoffs, highly likely the Rockets win that series.
                        Or Chris Paul played in game 6 and/or 7

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                          Or Chris Paul played in game 6 and/or 7
                          Yeah, agreed. Rockets, while heavy up top with Paul/Harden/Capela, were much deeper with E. Gordon, G. Green, Tucker, Mbah a Moute, Ariza, etc.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Im sure this was already pointed out many times but the loss of Ariza and Mbah a Moute is quiet significant. Adding Melo’s offense will not offset the contribution of both players defensively. An oft-injured Chris Paul is more of a constant now that he is aging.

It will be a dog fight for second place in the West.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Tupac was 10x the man that Draymond was or ever will be. Draymond can be honest for rare moments of clarity but most of the time he is a gigantic douche.

Pac is the GOAT rapper and probably one of the most influential figures in black culture of the last thirty years.

It's like comparing Sean Avery to John Lennon.
                              Just talking about mannerisms, and kind of "swagger" for lack of a better term. Not comparing the depths of their character and what they've done for society in any way

Comment

• On mobile rn but man the Ginobli career highlight reel is a lot of fun to watch: https://youtu.be/AJUhzQEPCvE
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X