Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Derozans favorite article, the annual SI top 100 players has begun its roll out

Fred Van Vleet is #94 (Demarre Carroll 95 and Kelly Olynyk is 93 for reference

Serge Ibaka is 78 (Sabonis 79, Ariza 77)

Valanciunas 64 (Nurkic 65, Reddick 63...Cousins is 66)

Kyle and Kawhi will be in the top 50 tomorrow
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Demar Derozans favorite article, the annual SI top 100 players has begun its roll out

Fred Van Vleet is #94 (Demarre Carroll 95 and Kelly Olynyk is 93 for reference

Serge Ibaka is 78 (Sabonis 79, Ariza 77)

Valanciunas 64 (Nurkic 65, Reddick 63...Cousins is 66)

Kyle and Kawhi will be in the top 50 tomorrow
      I will bust a gut if DD is suddenly in the top 10 because he no longer plays in Canada. Also will not be surprised at all.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
        I will bust a gut if DD is suddenly in the top 10 because he no longer plays in Canada. Also will not be surprised at all.

Leonard drops to 37. Exchange rate

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post

There's no way. But after they put him behind Whiteside/DeAndre last year he'll probably crack the top 25.

I'll guess Kawhi in the teens due to injury uncertainty. Kyle in the late 20s.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            There's no way. But after they put him behind Whiteside/DeAndre last year he'll probably crack the top 25.

I'll guess Kawhi in the teens due to injury uncertainty. Kyle in the late 20s.
            No way. kawhi will be like 8th at the worst. I'll guess 6th behind James Durant, Harden Davis and Curry

Comment

No way. kawhi will be like 8th at the worst. I'll guess 6th behind James Durant, Harden Davis and Curry
              Cousins dropped to 66 because of injury... Kawhi is up next

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                Yeah that was my rationale. But it depends on when they wrote this... If they've been following the positive updates Kawhi should be top 10.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  If healthy, Cousins would have placed in the top 25, but SI’s Top 100 is a one-year exercise, and this ranking assumes Cousins will miss roughly half the season, play reduced minutes upon his return, and perform at roughly 60% of his capabilities due to his age and the serious nature of his injury.
                  None of those apply to Kawhi, who by all accounts is in tip top shape and ready for a full 82

Comment

• Will be interesting to see if DeMar is ranked higher than Lowry. I think DeMar was the better player overall (not including playoffs of course) than Lowry last season. Lowry may have still been the engine but DeMar was our MVP.

Plus DeMar was second team all-nba. So last year DeMar was a top 15 player.

Comment

None of those apply to Kawhi, who by all accounts is in tip top shape and ready for a full 82
                      True but we'll see have to see. His last full season was more than a year ago so I'm guessing SI will have him outside the top 10 because of that

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Will be interesting to see if DeMar is ranked higher than Lowry. I think DeMar was the better player overall (not including playoffs of course) than Lowry last season. Lowry may have still been the engine but DeMar was our MVP.

Plus DeMar was second team all-nba. So last year DeMar was a top 15 player.
                        That's a loaded question but it's really comparing an apple to an orange. Demar is the better scorer, flashier player. Kyle is the far better NBA team basketball player, which is what wins

Comment

That's a loaded question but it's really comparing an apple to an orange. Demar is the better scorer, flashier player. Kyle is the far better NBA team basketball player, which is what wins
                          I believe we had a poll at the end of the season and most voted DeMar as our MVP. Plus he got the all-nba nods, not Lowry. Casuals would look at DeMar as the better player because he scores more points. SI is probably going to use analytics to base their rankings on.

DeMar is an awful defender and if ranking sites care about that his value will get hurt. But NBA 2K ranks him higher. The guys who voted All-NBA or for the ASG voted ranked him higher.

I think DeMar will be in the 20's or late teens. Lowry will be in the late 20's or early 30's. I wouldn't say that's right because Lowry helps win more games.. but if I was making an educated guess.. I would say DeMar gets the more favourable ranking here.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Kawhi Leonard and John Tavares should never be put in the same sentence EVER again.

One is a true franchise player, a top 2 player when healthy, former Finals MVP. And the other is just an overrated, overhyped bum.
                            Why are you so down on Kawhi Rexy ?

Kawhai = Tavares
                            Tavares = Khawai
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Sep 10, 2018, 09:30 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              One is a true franchise player, a top 2 player when healthy, former Finals MVP. And the other is just a very good, star level centre, one of the top 20 or so players in the league, but no era-defining superstar on his own merits, added to an already good, young and improving team as a free agent, which is exciting.

Anyone who tells you that Tavares is more than that is indeed over-rating him. Anyone who tells you he is less than that, for example that he is a bum, is over-correcting.
                              How good you think players are or aren't is directly proportional to the city you live in and the teams you cheer for.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I believe we had a poll at the end of the season and most voted DeMar as our MVP. Plus he got the all-nba nods, not Lowry. Casuals would look at DeMar as the better player because he scores more points. SI is probably going to use analytics to base their rankings on.

DeMar is an awful defender and if ranking sites care about that his value will get hurt. But NBA 2K ranks him higher. The guys who voted All-NBA or for the ASG voted ranked him higher.

I think DeMar will be in the 20's or late teens. Lowry will be in the late 20's or early 30's. I wouldn't say that's right because Lowry helps win more games.. but if I was making an educated guess.. I would say DeMar gets the more favourable ranking here.
                                They have surprisingly been using a ton of analytics and talking that up in their breakdowns. It was especially noticeable in the FVV writeup. No way Freddy cracks the top 100 without the advanced stats.

Comment

Working...
                                X