This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    They have surprisingly been using a ton of analytics and talking that up in their breakdowns. It was especially noticeable in the FVV writeup. No way Freddy cracks the top 100 without the advanced stats.
    What an awesome story that of Feddy's. Couldn't crack the top 60 college prospects as seen by the league (ie the draft), but now cracks the top 100 among all established NBA players.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      How good you think players are or aren't is directly proportional to the city you live in and the teams you cheer for.
      Huh? I cheer for both the Raptors and Leafs, so how is that influencing my evaluation of the two big additions this summer?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Huh? I cheer for both the Raptors and Leafs, so how is that influencing my evaluation of the two big additions this summer?
        Sorry I think you misread...
        Two players...say Johnny Gaudreau in Calgary and Mitch Marner in Toronto...two really good players who have similar games.
        Whose better?
        In Calgary I think Johnny Hockey gets the nod. In Toronto it’s probably Marner.
        Just depends on where you live and who you cheer for.

Except if your trex of no fixed address and a born contrarian.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Sorry I think you misread...
          Two players...say Johnny Gaudreau in Calgary and Mitch Marner in Toronto...two really good players who have similar games.
          Whose better?
          In Calgary I think Johnny Hockey gets the nod. In Toronto it’s probably Marner.
          Just depends on where you live and who you cheer for.

Except if your trex of no fixed address and a born contrarian.
          Okay, but how is that relevant to the conversation?

Never mind that there are people capable of making objective observations even while recognizing their inherent biases.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Okay, but how is that relevant to the conversation?

Never mind that there are people capable of making objective observations even while recognizing their inherent biases.
            What conversation..this thread is a series of meandering ideas killing time till training camp starts.

Over the past few days there have been thoughts on comparing players in two different sports and what their impact will be on their teams....how geographical biases could shape opinions on the value of players who play the same sport...wondering how the preseason SI rankings might or might not change for Demar....a guessing game of “if a hockey player were a basketball player who would he be ?” .....and minor interest in the injury to devin Booker....it’s cocktail party chit chat.

Content is on the horizon.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 11, 2018, 01:59 AM.
            - TGO

Comment

What conversation..this thread is a series of meandering ideas killing time till training camp starts.

Over the past few days there have been thoughts on comparing players in two different sports and what their impact will be on their teams....how geographical biases could shape opinions on the value of players who play the same sport...wondering how the preseason SI rankings might or might not change for Demar....a guessing game of “if a hockey player were a basketball player who would he be ?” .....and minor interest in the injury to devin Booker....it’s cocktail party chit chat.

Content is on the horizon.
              You were literally replying to my post where I was talking about comparing Tavares and Kawhi across sports. That's the conversation you entered by responding directly to my post.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I dont know if this was mentioned yet but theres a rumor that we trade Ibaka for Jimmy Butler since he is a sure thing to leave the Wolves next year.

Highly doubt that Thibs would want Ibaka but it raises some eyebrows while we wait for training camp lol

https://www.inquisitr.com/5060934/nb...adeaway-world/

Comment

• Spark wrote: View Post
                  I dont know if this was mentioned yet but theres a rumor that we trade Ibaka for Jimmy Butler since he is a sure thing to leave the Wolves next year.

Highly doubt that Thibs would want Ibaka but it raises some eyebrows while we wait for training camp lol

Yeah, it's probably a junk rumour.

But I do think if the Raptors make an offer on Butler, it's an offer around excess contracts and prospects. But with the risk involved, they probably don't let Siakam or OG go in the deal, which unfortunately means talks probably never get off the ground.

Best offers I could come up with:

Ibaka, Green and Wright for Butler, Dieng and Tyus Jones: saves Minny 4M in salary, getting them under the tax, sheds them some long term salary (20-21 salary for Dieng is 17M), swaps PG prospects (they don't seem to like Jones at all), and gives them Ibaka for two seasons. Not sure they'd want that. Raps can throw in a 2021 pick, but doubt they do that unless it's heavily protected.

Miles, Green, Powell, Wright, Malachi for Butler, Dieng, Jones: saves Minny 7M in salary, gives them a couple upside pieces in Wright and Powell, and two expirings (if Miles opts out) as well. Malachi is for salary matching. Could use Brown instead to reduce the dead salary. Requires Minny to like Powell.

These are both not great offers, so unless the market is as dead as it was for Kawhi, or teams are scared off of Jimmy's rental status, or Minny really wants to send him East and ignores better offers from their own conference... Hard to envision this happening. Of course, Kawhi was a hope and a prayer, so...

One thing of interest... Green is eligible to be re-packaged in a trade as of the 18th of September. So if such a trade was a possibility this summer, it couldn't have happened until now...
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• how come Green is available to be traded already? I thought him and Kawhi cant be traded until a few more months?

Comment

I dont know if this was mentioned yet but theres a rumor that we trade Ibaka for Jimmy Butler since he is a sure thing to leave the Wolves next year.

Looks like the "rumors" are strictly based on "Fadeaway World's" article in which they speculate on possible trade packages the Wolves might accept for Butler. Sheer blue sky daydreaming.

Comment

Lowry, Butler, Kawhi..... oh my. I will pass out if this happens. That core + OG/Siakam/FVV/JV could take down the Warriors.

Comment

• Forgot the link to the article the "rumor" is based on.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2018/09/03...-jimmy-butler/

Comment

You were literally replying to my post where I was talking about comparing Tavares and Kawhi across sports. That's the conversation you entered by responding directly to my post.
                            Yes I did. It appears it may have been a little too nuanced for you. Math guys tend to have shorter antennae’s on non binary material. Apologize. Carry on.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 11, 2018, 09:16 AM.
                            - TGO

Comment

how come Green is available to be traded already? I thought him and Kawhi cant be traded until a few more months?
                              When you trade for a player, you can trade them again right away. But if you want to package them with other players to match a bigger salary, you have to wait two months. So both Green and Kawhi are eligible for that in a week.

You are probably thinking of the restriction on trading free agents you've signed to a contract. For example, Fred VanVleet re-signed using his Early Bird Rights, so he can't be traded until January 15th. If he'd signed with another team, he couldn't be traded until December 15th.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Sounds like a few need to remember that Summer is not over, great weather is still on the way, cottages and beaches and BBQ's and beer are still out there to enjoy while we wait for the pre-season.

Comment

Working...
                                X