X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now to add some fuel to the fire:

Look who liked that post

Comment

• Let's say Kawhi walks this offseason. The Raptors have the capspace to sign a big name FA right? like a Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompon etc...?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jurassic dynasty incoming
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Let's say Kawhi walks this offseason. The Raptors have the capspace to sign a big name FA right? like a Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompon etc...?
          Nope. No significant cap space. No tax trouble either, but no cap space until the following offseason unless they shed some salary.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• We make a run for Jimmy Butler and we have a chance up against the Warriors, we slack off, we may loose Kawhi Leonard. We are gonna loose him anyway so getting Jimmy Butler and resign Butler instead of Leonard can attract other FAs to come for the Raptors. Sadly, in the perfect world, we can't have both though.

Comment

• Butler would come with Bird rights, no?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                And now to add some fuel to the fire:

Jimmy Butler meeting with Timberwolves management and hopes Kawhi stays in Toronto pic.twitter.com/oFi2T7g2Hu

— �� LALeBron �� (@LALeBron23) September 15, 2018

Look who liked that post

I love it : https://hoopshype.com/2018/09/15/min...-trade-rumors/

Do it Masai.

Ibaka + CJ + 2021 1st for Butler + Dieng.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  That's neither shrooms nor weed lol
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    Butler would come with Bird rights, no?
                    Yes.

If we could ever start Kyle-Jimmy-Kawhi we would have a legit shot at beating the Warriors.

Jimmy is a winner, straight up. Those three together would be so nasty. I can only picture how many twitter fights with teenagers KD would get into after we held him to 12ppg in the Finals.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Yes.

If we could ever start Kyle-Jimmy-Kawhi we would have a legit shot at beating the Warriors.

Jimmy is a winner, straight up. Those three together would be so nasty. I can only picture how many twitter fights with teenagers KD would get into after we held him to 12ppg in the Finals.
                      Honestly this team should put up a good fight against the Warriors as is. So adding Butler would certainly help.

Comment

• Alright, just turned on my furnace today, so that means there's gonna be a ball game soon.

Until then, as the dog days drag on, wondering where Butler could land at the trade deadline? (this is assuming Minny is struggling to get in the playoffs like last season, Butler is still unhappy with Wiggins & KAT, and they're afraid of him walking for nothing in the summer -- all of which are quite likely scenarios).

As I learned recently, it will be about who's willing to offer the best package, rather then who's able to offer the best package. Some potential landing spots for him off the top of my head:

1. Lakers - Bron is there and there's been rumours. They probably would be able to put together something decent for Minny, but they're known for just waiting for guys to sign there for nothing, plus they also have their eyes on Klay, so it's hard to say. I personally don't mind this one because if they get Butler, it will make it less likely they'll be able to get Kawhi.

2. Pelicans - They have a top 7 player in Davis, so I can see them trying to get Butler to pair up with him to solidify themselves as a playoff team in that market. I just don't know what they could offer to Minny that's competitive though.

3. Philly - As much as I hate to say it, I think they could make it work. Some combination of Chandler/Redick/Covington and a future pick would probably make Minny happy.

4. Raps - I like all our guys and love our depth, would be sad to see anyone go, but if its for 4-time allstar Jimmy Butler, I fell that outside of KL/KL/OG/Siakam/JV, I'd be okay with any combination of players that would work salary-wise. I personally think something like Serge + CJ + 2021 protected 1st would make Minnesota happy if they feel they're gonna lose Butler for nothing in the summer. Especially if we take on Dieng's bad contract as well

Anybody up for building up the "we could get Jimmy Butler" echo chamber is most welcome. RR is powerful.

Comment

I'm going to be miserable when the snow is falling and my car gets stuck somewhere. But I can't wait for it this time around.

Only 3 weeks from the first preseason game.
                          Follow my plans then. Retire. Spend 6 months here & 6 months (with a large screen TV) of cold season down south.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            I love it : https://hoopshype.com/2018/09/15/min...-trade-rumors/

Do it Masai.

Ibaka + CJ + 2021 1st for Butler + Dieng.
                            At a minimum, Delon Wright would have to be in that package and I’m totally fine with that.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Yeah sorry but this is a losing argument ds. It's clear as day that the top tier talent on nba roster is much much more (for a lack of a better word) important than in the NHL, or any other sport for that matter.

The Vegas knights thing? Where your best player is maybe the 50th best player in the world and the rest of your roster came from other teams scrap heap going to the finals is a fine example of "well, that would NEVER happen in the nba"
                              Or they wouldn't allow it to happen.

Comment

And now to add some fuel to the fire:

Look who liked that post
                                You could look at it the other way, though: Butler liked the post because he (supposedly) wants that max slot on the Lakers to play with Lebron, instead of Kawhi.

Comment

Working...
                                X