• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    That's freaky ...

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Butler does not have a no trade clause.. but like you said teams might be shy to give away anything for a rental.
      Not Masai!!

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Wasn't it reported that Butler said he would love to play for the Lakers? I could see the Lakers making a play for him.
        Think it was the Knicks him and Kyrie are rumored to be entertaining.

Comment

• I say go for it.

Get Butler.

Everything on the table but OG
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Man I am psyched at even the thought of adding Jimmy Butler.

Masai doesn't make trades he loses, so I'm not too worried about gutting the roster or the cupboard. He is willing to make calculated risks, which I'm all for at this point. The upside of legitimately having a team that can, at least for one year, compete with GS when no one thought that was even possible - that's huge and worth risking the downside of bottoming out a bit deeper than you would have otherwise. No risk, no reward.

It will all come down to how badly Minny wants to move him and what other offers are out there. It always comes down to that, in some ways GM's always get a bit too much credit/blame because a lot of the factors are totally outside of your control. Just make an offer that's good for your club and stick to your guns (basically what Masai does all the time).
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Man I am psyched at even the thought of adding Jimmy Butler.

Masai doesn't make trades he loses, so I'm not too worried about gutting the roster or the cupboard. He is willing to make calculated risks, which I'm all for at this point. The upside of legitimately having a team that can, at least for one year, compete with GS when no one thought that was even possible - that's huge and worth risking the downside of bottoming out a bit deeper than you would have otherwise. No risk, no reward.

It will all come down to how badly Minny wants to move him and what other offers are out there. It always comes down to that, in some ways GM's always get a bit too much credit/blame because a lot of the factors are totally outside of your control. Just make an offer that's good for your club and stick to your guns (basically what Masai does all the time).
              Game plan: do masai things
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• There isn't any truth to the Butler talk, is there? This is just pure speculation so far, right? Or did I miss something credible?

Comment

Game plan: do masai things
                  3-Step Process to Success:
                  A. Be Masai
                  B. ?
                  C. Profit

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    There isn't any truth to the Butler talk, is there? This is just pure speculation so far, right? Or did I miss something credible?
                    3 months ago there was no truth to the Kawhi talks either.

Comment

There isn't any truth to the Butler talk, is there? This is just pure speculation so far, right? Or did I miss something credible?
                      Rumors strongly suggest he wants out of Minnesota, or at least has no plans of resigning.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        3 months ago there was no truth to the Kawhi talks either.
                        I'm not saying it's impossible. Just making sure I have an accurate understanding of the current situation.

Comment

Rumors strongly suggest he wants out of Minnesota, or at least has no plans of resigning.
                          Right, but nothing directly linking him to Toronto, right? Other than some blog that said "hey, maybe Toronto would be a good fit"

Comment

Right, but nothing directly linking him to Toronto, right? Other than some blog that said "hey, maybe Toronto would be a good fit"
                            Correct.

Comment

• It looks like Minnesota will be desperate to get this done quickly, which only helps. There's no concrete rumor for the Raptors, but the cards are falling correctly so far for this to potentially happen.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I'll believe nothing until I see an #AbbasBomb.

Comment

Working...
                                X