X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Jimmy is a funny guy.

He's pretty witty/smart as well for a basketball player.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      This was a great watch. Funny and even a little emotional.

"I'm gonna foul you out. I'm gonna foul JV out" lol
      Last edited by Scraptor; Tue Sep 18, 2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Brooklyn's an interesting landing spot. If they can get Butler now and sell him on the team, it really increases their chances of getting Kyrie in the summer as well. They can pretty easily clear room for two max deals as well, and have quite a few expirings to use as salary ballasts as well as young players/picks to include.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Brooklyn's an interesting landing spot. If they can get Butler now and sell him on the team, it really increases their chances of getting Kyrie in the summer as well. They can pretty easily clear room for two max deals as well, and have quite a few expirings to use as salary ballasts as well as young players/picks to include.
          If a bad team wants to take that chance with Butler, then good luck to them. But with Butler's... shall we say competitive drive, I'd think a year of playing .500 or less ball would likely drive him off more than help him stay. Teams will be real careful with their assets if they think they can just sign him outright next summer.

We'll see if any teams are willing to make that bet. I'm sure the Raptors would be. And if anyone else is willing to ante up a real quality asset, we'll obviously be out of the running. But it's no guarantee that a team does that.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ive wanted Butler forever always wanted to try for DD for butler. Mixed feelings about this now though. I really like the vibe right now this is a good crew. I hope theres some time for this team to play together and then Masai and Kawhi can assess and discuss Butler.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
              Ive wanted Butler forever always wanted to try for DD for butler. Mixed feelings about this now though. I really like the vibe right now this is a good crew. I hope theres some time for this team to play together and then Masai and Kawhi can assess and discuss Butler.
              Yeah this is a good point, I think the team would benefit from having up to the Feb trade deadline to see how the pieces fit, who takes off in development and who goes down (hopefully no one). One year can make a huge difference, as we've seen with FVV and Powell as extreme examples of ups and downs from one season to another. I also think that JB will be convinced to give it another shot in Minny at least until the deadline, he only played there for 1 yr, and things may change there as well.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                Yeah this is a good point, I think the team would benefit from having up to the Feb trade deadline to see how the pieces fit, who takes off in development and who goes down (hopefully no one). One year can make a huge difference, as we've seen with FVV and Powell as extreme examples of ups and downs from one season to another. I also think that JB will be convinced to give it another shot in Minny at least until the deadline, he only played there for 1 yr, and things may change there as well.
                He couldn't even be convinced to go to Minny for today's meeting where it was scheduled to take place. Thibs is apparently on his way to LA now to have the meeting lol.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• That brings the roster to 20, so unless someone gets cut, that's the training camp roster set.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Bobby ain't done
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...players-season

No.39 thats about right.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                          ehhhhhhhhhhh

Stop the madness. Do we have to say all the same shit about Otto Porter and Khris Middleton again?

There are not 38 better basketball players than DeMar DeRozan.
                          Last edited by S.R.; Tue Sep 18, 2018, 04:04 PM.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            ehhhhhhhhhhh

Stop the madness. Do we have to say all the same shit about Otto Porter and Khris Middleton again?

There are not 38 better basketball players than DeMar DeRozan.
                            This is what happens when we get lost in advanced stats. We forget that's theres a small group of personnel able to score 25 a night (and assist on 5) fairl efficiently for a winning team.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              This is what happens when we get lost in advanced stats. We forget that's theres a small group of personnel able to score 25 a night (and assist on 5) fairl efficiently for a winning team.
                              Yep. Wondering when putting the ball in the dang basket became so underrated

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                It's not even getting lost in advanced stats, it's not looking at them properly.

A lot of these guys just throw usage and volume completely out of the window. That's one thing I like about golden, he always starts his player evaluation with that. It's important because you have to look at what a guy's damn role is before you start getting giddy about how efficient he is.

Comment

Working...
                                X