This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    If i was an NBA player i also would want to play in LA or NY or Chicago. And when i say LA, i mean the Lakers not the Clips.

Sorry just being real.
    I'd rather win. You retire at 35, and only spent about 3 or 4 months year actually in the city you play. Not that big a deal
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It’s also fair to ask why those teams would give up anything noteworthy when they can sign him next summer without giving up assets.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
        It’s also fair to ask why those teams would give up anything noteworthy when they can sign him next summer without giving up assets.
        Exactly, especially when those teams are not competing, but.... tanking.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          What have those teams got that Minny would agree to.....
          The Clips have G-Alexander .. and Minny could use a succession plan for Teague at PG.Not sure who else goes as filler for salary.
          The Nets have.. draft choices.. but not sure they want to go down that path for the 12,748 straight year.
          JImmy has an AAV of what 20M ?
          The Knicks have Knox and Nitilanka (sic) and they got lots of filler...

So maybe its NYC for Jimmy B on the Manhattan side of the river.
          Brooklyn has some solid pieces, Dinwiddie is probably an option, considering how well he played last year, and he's a much better player than this version of Jeff Teague.

New York has Knox/Ntilikina like you said.

Those three teams among Butler's destinations must give up picks. A team like the Raptors, on the other hand, have good enough assets not to give up picks. Wouldn't even have to include Siakam or OG. Powell/Wright/Ibaka for Butler/Dieng is a possibility. Timberwolves get a young backcourt, and their successor at the point guard with Wright, who is definitely a Thibs kind of guy.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I'd rather win. You retire at 35, and only spent about 3 or 4 months year actually in the city you play. Not that big a deal
            Again, if i was an NBA player my top 3 priorities are winning, playing in a big market and taking care of my brand.

Bulls, Lakers and Knicks have the 3 best brands in the NBA imo. Shoe deals, commercials, popularity etc... you'll get everything there specially if you win.. that's what i'm all about baybay!
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
              Brooklyn has some solid pieces, Dinwiddie is probably an option, considering how well he played last year, and he's a much better player than this version of Jeff Teague.

New York has Knox/Ntilikina like you said.

Those three teams among Butler's destinations must give up picks. A team like the Raptors, on the other hand, have good enough assets not to give up picks. Wouldn't even have to include Siakam or OG. Powell/Wright/Ibaka for Butler/Dieng is a possibility. Timberwolves get a young backcourt, and their successor at the point guard with Wright, who is definitely a Thibs kind of guy.
              Jimmy to Houston ? Its his hometown.
              What or who can that rat bastard Daryl Morey send up the river to Minny ...
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Jimmy to Houston ? Its his hometown.
                What or who can that rat bastard Daryl Morey send up the river to Minny ...
                Carmelo Anthony. Covers both bases of all the players thibs has. Lack of work ethic AND washed up.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Don't mind me ... just thinking about a KL/JB/KL/OG/JV starting line up ...
                  Would love to see that.

Comment

• If he goes to LAC and gets the max.. can they still make a play for Kawhi in the summer? If so than I hope he goes to one of those NY teams.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                      It’s also fair to ask why those teams would give up anything noteworthy when they can sign him next summer without giving up assets.
                      Because if they don't make a play for him then when he is a free agent he can put a Paul George and not give them an interview cause you know, they didn't try to trade for him sooner.

Comment

• Guys, Masai don't care about no damn lists
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          If he goes to LAC and gets the max.. can they still make a play for Kawhi in the summer? If so than I hope he goes to one of those NY teams.
                          First thing that crossed my mind. **shudders** Dammit Logo, just retire already. FFS.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            If i was an NBA player i also would want to play in LA or NY or Chicago. And when i say LA, i mean the Lakers not the Clips.

Sorry just being real.
                            Unfortunately endorsement deals are tied to regional market size. NBA's gotta do something about that. It's an unfair way for the big market teams to exceed max salaries. If I was an owner, I'd make a bid to get some of player endorsement money categorized as basketball-related income that has to be split with the league. Level the playing field and grab some of that extra cash. Win-win.

Comment

• I remember the last time a disgruntled NBA star said he’d only go to a metropolitan, American city like it was yesterday.

Comment

• Yeah, Lebron didn't go to the Lakers for the on-court product:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X