This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    They'll have leverage if more than one team is interested. That's the question.
    Oh, if all 29 teams aren't calling, then... I don't know.

But, the next question to counter that, is are they willing to risk dealing assets for a one-year rental? Similar to that of Kawhi?

The Raptors have the assets to be able to complete that deal, and are the unique situation willing to risk everything for one year. After Masai acquired Kawhi, they're all in on this year.

If BOS/PHI/LAL weren't interested in dealing for Kawhi, not much more for Butler. BKN/NYK/LAC don't have the attractive assets/players that the Raptors have to get a deal done -- maybe first round picks, but why would they risk that for one year, where Butler can still leave even after he's said he will sign an extension.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Why would Clips/NY trade for Butler when he already said he wants to play with them. Wonder which side leaked this info
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• What's low-key fascinating about this is that the Lakers *aren't* on the list.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

What's low-key fascinating about this is that the Lakers *aren't* on the list.
          Maybe Butler wants to be top dog. Looking at his choices that seems to be the case. Also wouldn't make him a fit for the Raps since Kawhi is top dog here.

Comment

This might mean the end of Pascal or OG.
            As someone else mentioned: If we didn't trade these two for Kawhi, why we would trade them for Butler?! As good as Butler is, would he agree to play secondary or a third scoring option and recieve less touches before hitting free agency?! If Butler is close to Lowry who also has a strong personality how would that mesh with Kawhi & Green?! Wouldn't that hurt the already awkward chemistry in the locker room?!

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
              I predicted Butler's three to be:

1. New York
              2. Portland
              3. Toronto

I mean. He recently favourited that Bleacherreport on the Raptors recruiting Kawhi... that's something. right? RIGHT?!

In all seriousness, it'd be dumb for a star not to take advantage of the Raptors' current situation. If Butler comes to Toronto, that almost guarantees a Finals appearance.

EDIT:

I couldn't be anymore wrong.

Lol and someone criticized me for posting this:

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              Brooklyn's an interesting landing spot. If they can get Butler now and sell him on the team, it really increases their chances of getting Kyrie in the summer as well. They can pretty easily clear room for two max deals as well, and have quite a few expirings to use as salary ballasts as well as young players/picks to include.
              Brooklyn has an excellent GM, Kyrie reportedly wants to play in New York and wants to play with Butler. That doesn't have to be for the Knicks. Now a report comes out that they're on Butler's list and they have quite a few assets and expirings to use.

I'd say the Clippers are the frontrunner here but the Nets could definitely get something done.

Comment

• I thought Butler wanted to go to a situation where they care about winning?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  I thought Butler wanted to go to a situation where they care about winning?
                  All 3 of those teams care about winning. They're just really bad at it
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Why would Clips/NY trade for Butler when he already said he wants to play with them. Wonder which side leaked this info
                    Let's say he has equal preference for each team, then the team that trades for him can pay him more, so he stays there. Just like Kawhi's uncle, the leak probably came from Butler's camp, which is dumb because now you've weakened the assets of the team that you just went to. In some ways, the whole Wiggins & Towns vs. Butler feud smells like a convenient excuse just to GTFO of Minny. Gotta remember that Butler never had a choice to go there in the first place.

And if a guy wants to win championships so bad that he rages on his teammates, then how TF are Brooklyn, Knicks and Clippers on your top 3 list? This seems to be all about endorsement money and brand-building, if true.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Maybe Butler wants to be top dog. Looking at his choices that seems to be the case. Also wouldn't make him a fit for the Raps since Kawhi is top dog here.
                      Great point. And considering how crusty he’s been everywhere he’s played and the rep he’s getting for being a difficult teammate, I start to really wonder how worthy he is of our efforts. Don’t get me wrong, he’s worthy, but how worthy? As it stands, I’m really ready to give Kawhi the benefit of the doubt and hope that he’ll be a good teammate and love the great culture we’ve got set up here. One new big piece, in Kawhi, coming in is one thing to integrate. Two stars who have a history of disgruntlement runs the risk of having this whole thing collapse. I mean I’m all for putting together the best squad and having a hope in hell of competing with GSW. But this whole experiment a) could be pretty volatile, and b) already stands to have pretty fantastic results as is. — all that to say, at the end of the day, I think long hard before sending out OG/Siakam.

If we were on Jimmy’s list, I’d say great without reservation. The fact that (after liking the bleacher post ... I know I know, big deal) he’s not eager to come here, to play with Kawhi and this amazing squad that he could potentially put over the top, well, part of me thinks, fook that guy.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        I thought Butler wanted to go to a situation where they care about winning?
                        You know what, screw him. There, I said it. I'm growing weary/tired of all these guys just drooling over LA & NY. Let him go to the Nets, be the "top guy" there, then in 1 or 2 years start complaining about the "young guys", and that he's not winning again, and see if that works for him for 3rd time when he's 31. Gaahh. Sound like a fake "Wanna win now" guy.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          All 3 of those teams care about winning. They're just really bad at it
                          They're bad at it right now.

Do not underestimate how well run the Nets and Clippers are at the moment. Marks has barely put a foot wrong as GM and the Clippers have the kingmaker, Jerry West, running the show right now. Knicks front office seems more competent lately too but I'd put them solidly third behind those two.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

Do not underestimate how well run the Nets and Clippers are at the moment. Marks has barely put a foot wrong as GM and the Clippers have the kingmaker, Jerry West, running the show right now. Knicks front office seems more competent lately too but I'd put them solidly third behind those two.
                            Agree

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                              You know what, screw him. There, I said it. I'm growing weary/tired of all these guys just drooling over LA & NY. Let him go to the Nets, be the "top guy" there, then in 1 or 2 years start complaining about the "young guys", and that he's not winning again, and see if that works for him for 3rd time when he's 31. Gaahh. Sound like a fake "Wanna win now" guy.
                              He randomly appeared in that movie Office Christmas Party and acted about as well as you'd expect

He probably thinks he's the next Denzel

And a quick look at his imdb he's been on Jimmy Kimmel and James Corden. Clearly dude likes the limelight. Kind of an anti Kawhi

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

Well good for Jimmy. Maybe the Nets will be ready for championship run in 5 years when he's 35 and he'll be the guy in the locker room on the young guys' asses trying to get them to "compete". Either that or he'll be asking to be traded to LA.

Comment

Working...
                                X