This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Why would Giannis come here without another superstar (or 3) already on the roster? We need Kawhi or Butler to stay here to attract a legit superstar through free agency.
    Having another star can always help but having a winning culture and a good environment is a better recipe. Giannis and Masai have a connection and that's a start, its literally hard for majority of teams to actually attract a superstar from his original team. Having Lebron in L.A did not help attract any star players this past summer and from all indications next summer there are no guarentees it will happen either.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Why would Giannis come here without another superstar (or 3) already on the roster? We need Kawhi or Butler to stay here to attract a legit superstar through free agency.
      Trust in Masai.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Trust in Masai.
        OR!!! Or.... orrrrrrr.....

TRex wrote: View Post
        Great job Masai you piece of shit.
        lmao

Comment

Trust in Masai.
          MU pulls off the Butler trade and I will follow that guy into a volcano. lol.

Comment

But I mean that trade doesn't even make our bench weak.

Lowry/Wright
            Butler/Miles
            Kawhi/OG
            Ibaka/Siakam
            JV/Monroe

and Powell would STILL be 11th man lol.
            Imagine a small ball lineup of: Lowry, Butler, Kawhi, OG & Siakam. That group can legit matchup with GSW, especially their death lineups.

Comment

• This is a pretty tough (theoretical) decision between hedging your bets for future success and going all in on a one year window. Personally I lean a bit towards going all in for one year, getting a guy like Butler, and having a team that can legit take a run at a ring next spring. It's damn hard to get to that point, and if you get close enough that it's within reach, even if just for a year, I think you go for it.

You do have to retain enough talent to have a really good team this season, but it gets pretty tough to have your cake and eat it too at some point here with acquiring talent now vs. hanging onto enough pieces to be looking at summer 2020.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

To play devil's advocate though I see Lowe's point kind of.

Losing Fred fucks up our "shadow team". Like the FVV-OG-Siakam-JV quartet is set up pretty nicely to plop Giannis in there in 2020 and dominate for 5+ years after that.
                Giannis has ties with Masai. The only thing is that Giannis is actually someone who may want to stick it out with Milwaukee. So I like that about him even if he doesn't want to leave a sinking ship.

Comment

• I think you always trade for an allstar in exchange for role players. You can always get role players, but you can't always get allstars (especially for Toronto).

Comment

• I'm all for Jimmy Butler, assuming he didn't sleep with KAT's girl. But lets assume he did, who on the Raptors has a hot WAG that we will need to trade?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      This is a pretty tough (theoretical) decision between hedging your bets for future success and going all in on a one year window. Personally I lean a bit towards going all in for one year, getting a guy like Butler, and having a team that can legit take a run at a ring next spring. It's damn hard to get to that point, and if you get close enough that it's within reach, even if just for a year, I think you go for it.

You do have to retain enough talent to have a really good team this season, but it gets pretty tough to have your cake and eat it too at some point here with acquiring talent now vs. hanging onto enough pieces to be looking at summer 2020.
                      Wright, Pascal and OG were all drafted #20 or later. FVV wasn't even drafted. I love our guys, but I'm not worried about Masai being able to replace that level of talent.

You need top end talent to win big in the playoffs. Like Shaolin posted, our bench will be strong enough regardless, but are people forgetting that our vaunted bench mob didn't do squat in last year's playoffs? Jak was horrible throughout. Delon was good for 1 game vs the Wiz. Pascal got pushed around. Miles sucked and guarded Lebron (not his fault, I guess). Freddy had an excuse (Casey going for 60 wins, smh.) Benches just aren't that important in the playoffs.

I'm all in for going all in for this year. If you're going to rebuild, I'd rather go full Hinkie than have a bunch of mediocre "pieces".

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                        I'm all for Jimmy Butler, assuming he didn't sleep with KAT's girl. But lets assume he did, who on the Raptors has a hot WAG that we will need to trade?
                        We can sign Landry Fields so that Butler won't be bothering a rotation player.

Comment

I'm all for Jimmy Butler, assuming he didn't sleep with KAT's girl. But lets assume he did, who on the Raptors has a hot WAG that we will need to trade?
                          ... Valanciunas... be careful.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Literally every professional athlete has a hot wife or girlfriend
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Damn lol
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Damn lol
                                Butler trade and Thibs' firing coming up?

They really should just trade him though. They don't gain anything trying to force him to stay.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X