This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Knicks set them up for failure by tagging it — FRESH FACES.
    Knox face is what caused this. Looks like he fell down the ugly tree, hit every branch and landed face first on a rock.

The other guy wouldn't have even been noticed as ugly except for the fact hes beside him lol
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      I'd rather switch places and look like them if someone told me I can play in the NBA and get their salaries.
      Naturally, Mr. Costanza, it's harder for me to toss that kind of sentiment around.

Come to think of it, though

I do have my moments.

Comment

Naturally, Mr. Costanza, it's harder for me to toss that kind of sentiment around.

Come to think of it, though

I do have my moments.

Interesting
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          Interesting
          So's your avatar. That shit is hypnotizing me.

Comment

So's your avatar. That shit is hypnotizing me.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Kyle is gonna slip under the radar a bit.

He used to represent the team as the co star. Now hes clear 2nd fiddle at least for a year

Hard to say yet if he'll be happy or not with that
              Maybe it will be easier for him to be 2nd best player. Less pressure.

Comment

• EthanHarris wrote: View Post
                Maybe it will be easier for him to be 2nd best player. Less pressure.
                Except that Lowry craves the attention and validation that comes with being a number 1 or, at least a 1a. Small man complex is going to surface at some point. Book it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Except that Lowry craves the attention and validation that comes with being a number 1 or, at least a 1a. Small man complex is going to surface at some point. Book it.
                  How though? He always said that franchise players are JV and Derozan.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    How though? He always said that franchise players are JV and Derozan.
                    “They gotta adjust to me.”

Comment

“They gotta adjust to me.”
                      He’s just being difficult for the sake of being difficult, only to the media. He’s a good locker room guy and he’s deferred the limelight to Demar for the last 2-3 years. I don’t think he’s worried about being thought of as the #2 guy. He’s worried about getting the bear off his back when it comes to reaching his expectations in the playoffs.

Comment

I dunno, I just read him as a really driven competitor. He was 1a (1b if you really like DeRozan) all along, so that attitude was justified. Hard to distinguish ego from competitiveness from the fan seats, but any good NBA player has a healthy amount of both. Lowry's well aware of who Kawhi is (potentially the best player to put on this jersey, ever), I'll be really surprised if Kyle's ego gets in the way.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I dunno, I just read him as a really driven competitor. He was 1a (1b if you really like DeRozan) all along, so that attitude was justified. Hard to distinguish ego from competitiveness from the fan seats, but any good NBA player has a healthy amount of both. Lowry's well aware of who Kawhi is (potentially the best player to put on this jersey, ever), I'll be really surprised if Kyle's ego gets in the way.
                          Kyle doesn’t seem to have much of an ego. I think he just reads the situation. For example, it makes sense for him to be upset when he got benched in favour of Calderon years ago. It would not make sense for him to be upset being #2 behind Kawhi.

Comment

• Did I hear Masai pooh poo a Butler acquisition yesterday? This maybe nothing but ...

The Raptors could be looking to trade for another star player.

Toronto has shown interest in dealing for disgruntled Timberwolves star Jimmy Butler, according to a report from Minnesota station 5 Eyewitness News. Minnesota has told at least one team it believes it can receive a “good player back” in return for Butler, the report says.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/n...c1or9e8ltn049y

Comment

• I know there's a whole separate thread regarding "Starting lineups" (or "lineups"), but couldn't help thinking about this while listening to guys answer questions about Monroe fitting in with the 2nd unit. Really hard to imagine Monroe being suitable for a similar style of play as the bench mob played last year with Yak at the 5 and P at the 4.

Though Freddy said in his comments that Monroe had worked out with them for a couple weeks, etc., and he understood they wanted to play fast, etc. I mean.... *understanding* is different than *being able to.*

It's just really hard to picture Monroe being a steady member of the 2nd unit. I guess the obvious answer is we won't be seeing something much like the hockey-line 5-man bench mob unit we had last year. Or maybe OG as the 4 and Pascal as the 5 would be the nu-look bench mob. Monroe as a more heavy-Bebe role.

Comment

• veda-parabolist wrote: View Post
                                I know there's a whole separate thread regarding "Starting lineups" (or "lineups"), but couldn't help thinking about this while listening to guys answer questions about Monroe fitting in with the 2nd unit. Really hard to imagine Monroe being suitable for a similar style of play as the bench mob played last year with Yak at the 5 and P at the 4.

Though Freddy said in his comments that Monroe had worked out with them for a couple weeks, etc., and he understood they wanted to play fast, etc. I mean.... *understanding* is different than *being able to.*

It's just really hard to picture Monroe being a steady member of the 2nd unit. I guess the obvious answer is we won't be seeing something much like the hockey-line 5-man bench mob unit we had last year. Or maybe OG as the 4 and Pascal as the 5 would be the nu-look bench mob. Monroe as a more heavy-Bebe role.
                                I think we'll see a lot of Ibaka at the 5 with the bench unit. And Monroe for shorter spurts or potentially even more situational looks where they really need a rebounder and inside presence against a bigger opposing bench unit.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X