This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    I dunno, I just read him as a really driven competitor. He was 1a (1b if you really like DeRozan) all along, so that attitude was justified. Hard to distinguish ego from competitiveness from the fan seats, but any good NBA player has a healthy amount of both. Lowry's well aware of who Kawhi is (potentially the best player to put on this jersey, ever), I'll be really surprised if Kyle's ego gets in the way.
    I would be damn surprised if Kawhi's impact on Lowry doesn't make him ridiculously obnoxious in the same manner of Paul Pierce once KG got to Boston. Obviously Kawhi isn't the smack talker that KG was, but his ability to influence and control the game allowed for Pierce to shine....an thus the obnoxious attitude. In other words, Lowry should thoroughly enjoy playing next to Kawhi.

Comment

• veda-parabolist wrote: View Post
      I know there's a whole separate thread regarding "Starting lineups" (or "lineups"), but couldn't help thinking about this while listening to guys answer questions about Monroe fitting in with the 2nd unit. Really hard to imagine Monroe being suitable for a similar style of play as the bench mob played last year with Yak at the 5 and P at the 4.

Though Freddy said in his comments that Monroe had worked out with them for a couple weeks, etc., and he understood they wanted to play fast, etc. I mean.... *understanding* is different than *being able to.*

It's just really hard to picture Monroe being a steady member of the 2nd unit. I guess the obvious answer is we won't be seeing something much like the hockey-line 5-man bench mob unit we had last year. Or maybe OG as the 4 and Pascal as the 5 would be the nu-look bench mob. Monroe as a more heavy-Bebe role.
      I can see Monroe fitting in with the 2nd unit as a guy who can create his own shot (out of the low post). They'll look to push the ball as much as possible, but if a transition opportunity isn't there, that's where Monroe will shine....in the half court sets. Very different from Bebe in that regard.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I can see Monroe fitting in with the 2nd unit as a guy who can create his own shot (out of the low post). They'll look to push the ball as much as possible, but if a transition opportunity isn't there, that's where Monroe will shine....in the half court sets. Very different from Bebe in that regard.
        Yeah, Monroe is also a good playmaker/passer at the top of the key. Nurse seems to have a penchant for using bigs in the running of the offence (as opposed to just the last man on post-up play). That's another way he could help the half-court offence in the second unit. It can't be all transition guys; last year when they didn't get it transition, it was Miles or nothing, so having another option would help.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
          Yeah, Monroe is also a good playmaker/passer at the top of the key. Nurse seems to have a penchant for using bigs in the running of the offence (as opposed to just the last man on post-up play). That's another way he could help the half-court offence in the second unit. It can't be all transition guys; last year when they didn't get it transition, it was Miles or nothing, so having another option would help.
          Yeah people are seriously underrating monroe. I keep seeing things like "I hope hes more bebe than poeltl"

Monroe has a lot to offer. Yes he should be situational as hes not super fast(hes slow) or a shut down defender, but the guy is a double double machine. He'll be one of the best iso options off the bench.

Another added bonus if jv is in foul trouble or out with Injury you can plug him in to jvs minutes as basically presidents choice JV
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Yeah people are seriously underrating monroe. I keep seeing things like "I hope hes more bebe than poeltl"

Monroe has a lot to offer. Yes he should be situational as hes not super fast(hes slow) or a shut down defender, but the guy is a double double machine. He'll be one of the best iso options off the bench.

Another added bonus if jv is in foul trouble or out with Injury you can plug him in to jvs minutes as basically presidents choice JV
            That he can fog a mirror by breathing on it puts him ahead of Nogueria.
            Poeltl will be missed but he’s not irreplaceable.
            Monroe knows what’s expected of him on the second unit and he will meet that bar.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Sometimes the second unit's offence got bogged down. They didn't have one guy who could break down a defence. Monroe will help with that.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Here's my issue with Butler and Minnesota: Butler wants out because of Wiggins right? Butler is a much better player than Wiggins(and he actually shows up every fame unlike Wiggins). The Wolves should know this. So why not trade Wiggins instead?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Sometimes the second unit's offence got bogged down. They didn't have one guy who could break down a defence. Monroe will help with that.
                  When he’s rolling, Monroe can command a double team on the block to collapse the defense. Combine his passing IQ with the bench mob’s unselfish ball movement and we could be seeing wide open shots galore.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Here's my issue with Butler and Minnesota: Butler wants out because of Wiggins right? Butler is a much better player than Wiggins(and he actually shows up every fame unlike Wiggins). The Wolves should know this. So why not trade Wiggins instead?
                    One report said KAT wouldn’t sign the extension unless Butler was gone, if you believe that. KAT’s signed so Jimmy must go.

Comment

Here's my issue with Butler and Minnesota: Butler wants out because of Wiggins right? Butler is a much better player than Wiggins(and he actually shows up every fame unlike Wiggins). The Wolves should know this. So why not trade Wiggins instead?
                      It's far more complicated than that I think. Butler doesnt like Wiggins, towns, the city, the contract offer, the owner, hell I think he despises the movie Fargo. It seems its past the point of no return
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Wtf. That is straight up garbage. The one that they wore last year was pretty good.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Wtf. That is straight up garbage. The one that they wore last year was pretty good.
                            I aint thrilled about them myself. Maybe if the North was coloured red instead idk.. I do hope they bring back the huskies blue jerseys from last season, now these were lit!

Comment

• Butler knows Thibs too well.. this is why he forced the issue in public like that.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                I aint thrilled about them myself. Maybe if the North was coloured red instead idk.. I do hope they bring back the huskies blue jerseys from last season, now these were lit!
                                What they need to do is bring back the old dino purple jerseys. Best jersey in franchise history and it ain't even close.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X