• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Ringer is trolling the Republic

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/9...e-jimmy-butler

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      What they need to do is bring back the old dino purple jerseys. Best jersey in franchise history and it ain't even close.
      Maybe for Nostalgia for 1 or 2 home games yes but we are way past Barney when the franchise was than considered a joke.

Comment

What they need to do is bring back the old dino purple jerseys. Best jersey in franchise history and it ain't even close.
        Stone cold. Eminem. Vince Carter. The purple jerseys. I've noticed a pattern here

Everything that was on top in 2000 is "the best ever, and it ain't even close"
        I'm guessing you're about 30, and super nostalgic
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Stone cold. Eminem. Vince Carter. The purple jerseys. I've noticed a pattern here

1. Name me a better Raptor(not including Kawhi) talent wise than VC?

2. Name me a better Raptor jersey than the purple dino jersey?

3. Name me a better rapper than Eminem lol
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            I think the Ringer is trolling the Republic

I’m actually cool with this trade....although It has been reported that Butler is difficult to play with. Supposedly he is very demanding of his teammates, which could ruin the chemistry, or it might be okay.

Overall we have tons of depth at PG, Delon and FVV can handle the duties alongside Butler and Kawhi.

Defensively this team would be more of a nightmare then presently constructed.

Lowry for Butler and Dieng no more assests

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Rex, what are your thoughts on minidisc players?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Rex, what are your thoughts on minidisc players?

Walkman better
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  I think the Ringer is trolling the Republic

I'm completely on the fence on this one.

I love Lowry.. favorite Raptor. Hope he has a kick ass season playing next to Kawhi. But Fred is a pretty awesome PG too and the separation from Kyle to Fred has narrowed quite considerably last year. Don't get me wrong.. Kyle is still better. But we might survive with Fred over Kyle if we had to (I think).

Kyle struggles playing around the rim. He's a good defender (we saw that first hand against the Wiz series and how he helped shut down Beals for at least two games), but Jimmy is at a different level. Jimmy can score at the rim. He's not a great shooter (definitely not as good as Lowry), but an average/passable one. He's good around the corners. He's also a decent play maker if he has to be. His IQ is off the charts, and he works hard all the time.

Kyle is getting older and we've already had to cut his minutes. But Jimmy is in that same boat (plus he's had knee surgery). Jimmy will want a super max ($38M a year). Kyle's next contract I suspect will be much more affordable. Probably high teens, low 20's. He'll also be in his mid 30's though.

I guess I'm just completely neutral on this. If Lowry is traded for Jimmy I'd probably be a little upset because of how much I like Kyle. But would be excited about the prospects of having two amazing defenders on the team.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Lets not forget Serge, I expect a techincal foul to be called now at our bigs almost every game.
                    I well deserved tech I hope?

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                      I well deserved tech I hope?
                      Hopefully he will calm down a bit.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        One report said KAT wouldn’t sign the extension unless Butler was gone, if you believe that. KAT’s signed so Jimmy must go.
                        I've read somewhere that Butler was "not impressed" with neither work ethic. Lets face it: On paper that last year's team should have been a lot better. Kobe had issues with a lot guys who would not go all out (Howard....).

Comment

• I'm not sure how much better the team is with a Butler for Lowry swap. Better wing defence for sure, less shooting. Kyle is underrated as one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league - and he does it at good volume. The team has some other solid %'s, but those guys don't touch Lowry's volume or versatility.

Then you have Lowry, who's proven willing to lead the league in drawn charges (literally lay his ass on the line for you) vs a guy developing a pattern of asking out of situations he doesn't like too much.

Just a couple of the various ways Lowry has proven able to help drive wins.

Don't think it's worth the gamble, personally. The team may or may not be better.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            It's far more complicated than that I think. Butler doesnt like Wiggins, towns, the city, the contract offer, the owner, hell I think he despises the movie Fargo. It seems its past the point of no return
                            He also doesn’t like Prince or Kirby Puckett

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              I'm not sure how much better the team is with a Butler for Lowry swap. Better wing defence for sure,1. less shooting. Kyle is underrated as one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league - and he does it at good volume. The team has some other solid %'s, but those guys don't touch Lowry's volume or versatility.

Then you have 2. Lowry, who's proven willing to lead the league in drawn charges (literally lay his ass on the line for you) vs 3. a guy developing a pattern of asking out of situations he doesn't like too much.

Don't think it's worth the gamble, personally. The team may or may not be better.
                              3 for 3...

The price the acquiring team has to pay for Butler will likely be pennies on the dollar.

Jimmy can and will opt out next year. No guarantees on if he stays or goes. Yep we did it with Leonard.. but all due respect Leonard is top 5.. Jimmy top 15-20 ?

Its the second time he has driven a wedge in the room (he may be right that KAT and Wiggins are not willing to do what it takes to win big)..but he did this in Chicago with Rondo and Wade vs the Baby Bulls before GarPax sent him on his way. We have a lot of young players. I am sure everyone thinks our guys work harder.. but with only 450 jobs I think everyone works hard. I get its the old competitive attitude but who wants to work with or play with a person who is running you or the organization down. Bit of red flag.

The owner who has made big investments in KAT@190M$ and Wiggins@150M$ and has publicly said he will listen to offers to get Butler out of a place he doesn't want to be really crushes any leverage Minny might have.

Jimmy has a cap hit of 20M$. Lowry is $30M and lord knows we don't need Dieng. Its too high a price to pay for the situation .. not the player.

Not that adding Jimmy wouldn’t be a great get....but if an offer is in it’s likely a lowball one.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Sep 26, 2018, 08:09 AM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                I'm not sure how much better the team is with a Butler for Lowry swap. Better wing defence for sure, less shooting. Kyle is underrated as one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league - and he does it at good volume. The team has some other solid %'s, but those guys don't touch Lowry's volume or versatility.

Then you have Lowry, who's proven willing to lead the league in drawn charges (literally lay his ass on the line for you) vs a guy developing a pattern of asking out of situations he doesn't like too much.

Thankfully for our sakes, while a lot of this is perhaps very speculative for us, I trust Masai has a really clear picture of Kyle's value and the layers of concern that should be necessary regarding his 'attitude' vs. how much Jimmy would improve our situation. If the team was run by every idiot hockey writer out there, Kyle would already be on his way out of town.

Comment

Working...
                                X