This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    For the sake of argument, let's say Lowry's a top 30 player, and Butler's a top 15 player.

That marginal increase in talent isn't worth the risk when you factor in the decrease from a familiarity/camaraderie point of view. I mean, we're talking about the heart and soul of the #WeTheNorth era, here.
    Also a rental. Kawhi was top 5 player which is a huge incremental improvement over not just a top 30 player, but even a top 15 player
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Jimmy gets injured alot because it could be partially wherever he goes, he is asked to be the number 1 guy each and everytime. On the Raptors he would be the number 2 or 3 guy, more relaxed and less demands and stress on the body. Last 5 seasons Jimmy avg about 37 minutes per night. Coach Thibs is just brutal at that department.
      His max is $190M for 5 years, which averages out to $38M a year. Really expensive get. That's what John Wall is going to be making for example. When a guy who's not in the top 10 but is still good is getting that much.. it can really screw your franchise over. If Kawhi leaves, Jimmy will be the #1 guy and we could be stuck in the mud with him.. kind of like the Wizards are now with Wall.

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't trade Lowry for Butler, all of the sudden Butler becomes the leader and barking orders at Kawhi and the rest of the team?! Nah Lowry is still one of the main guys on the team.
      I don't see us getting involved. I think Jimmy will be too expensive in the long run. And I don't think Masai wants to give up some our vets unless its a crap offer like Serge+CJ or something. And with so many teams interested in Jimmy that's really doubtful.

If we do get involved it might have to be a guy like Lowry that makes our package better than anyone else's.

Comment

• I think we would literally have already gotten Jimmy butler...if we didnt have Kawhi Leonard

The risks have been outlined by others. I'm comfortable marching in with the soldiers we have

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I don't see us getting involved. I think Jimmy will be too expensive in the long run. And I don't think Masai wants to give up some our vets unless its a crap offer like Serge+CJ or something. And with so many teams interested in Jimmy that's really doubtful.

If we do get involved it might have to be a guy like Lowry that makes our package better than anyone else's.
          Yes we should only trade for Butler for minimal. OG & Pascal are too important and I think we need to look at this group playing together for a few months to see what is working first.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Yes we should only trade for Butler for minimal. OG & Pascal are too important and I think we need to look at this group playing together for a few months to see what is working first.
            I think you keep them for the sole purpose of having some good future talent in case Kawhi leaves.

Comment

I suspect Jimmy is just looking to get paid. So if Masai offered him a 5 year, $190M max he'd stay. But that's a big risk. Guy is constantly injured, he just turned 29, so he'll be 30 when his extension kicks in. It's a big commitment, and it would completely mess up Masai's plan B (which is to rebuild in case Kawhi leaves).

But he is a top 15-20 talent.. and those are really hard to find. Teams like Orlando, Sacramento, Phoenix, etc are still trying to find those guys and they've been in the lottery for what seems like forever.
              For me, it's the same situation as DeRozan. At 29, do you want to pay him a max contract, and then pay him again when he hits 33/34 years of age? Both players are also second-tier players in my eyes that don't push you over the hump.

... they're not Kawhi Leonard.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• WE'RE GOING TO WIN A FUCKING LARRY O'Brien!!!

Last edited by rocwell; Wed Sep 26, 2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  WE'RE GOING TO WIN A FUCKING O'Brien!!!

A conan o Brien?

Comment

• Would have loved seeing that tourney. Kawhi vs Siakam would have been fun.

Comment

WE'RE GOING TO WIN A FUCKING LARRY O'Brien!!!

The sulking malcontent, playing on one leg, won the tourney? Oh man, it's going to be a long season.

Comment

Would have loved seeing that tourney. Kawhi vs Siakam would have been fun.

Comment

• shouldn't this be in training camp thread?
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

WE'RE GOING TO WIN A FUCKING LARRY O'Brien!!!

Kawhi winning is obvious. What I'd love to know is: who came second?
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Kawhi winning shouldn't be a surprise, it would have been if he wasn't.

As for Chris, I hope that dude was able to put some weight on this summer cause that is the only thing that's really stopping him, inexperience and being severely underweight.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                shouldn't this be in training camp thread?
                                I think we need to shut this thread down. We're all like confused sheep right now and we need Joey the barking dog to come herd us into the right section

Comment

Working...
                                X