PG: Kemba Walker
    SG: Nicolas Batum
    SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    PF: Marvin Williams
    C: Dwight Howard

Last Meeting
    December 20, 2017
    RAPTORS 129 HORNETS 111

The Raptors had a season high 35 assists. They were also the most they’ve recorded since early in the 2011-12 season. Nine of 11 players to play had assists. It was a 71.4-percent assists rate. And this (127.3 O-Rating) came against the league’s No. 11 defense. The Raptors starters were once again strong here, even through some foul trouble that caused lineup staggering. In the first, they hit eight straight field goals, had a pull-away run in the second after Anunoby helped stabilize the bench, then shook off an 0-of-5 start to the third to lock in defensively and more or less end this. They finished a plus-15 here and have a plus-22.5 net rating on the year. The bench (and DeRozan-and-bench) had a tough stretch in the second quarter, allowing a 14-2 run and going 4:10 without scoring to end the first. They bounced back in the third, needed help to start the fourth, then settled in to close out the blow out. OG Anunoby had six 3-pointers in the game, dude is a steal. Serge Ibaka had a season-high 24 points, Anunoby’s 20 were the most he’s ever scored in an NBA game and DeMar DeRozan’s 28-point night was basically an afterthought. Instead, the focus was on the painfully quiet Anunoby and the shooting skill few thought he had.

Keys To The Game:

1) Lowry has to be the better point guard. Kemba can slash to the rim, he can shoot threes, and he’s great at just generally being a pest. Last year he torched the Raps for 28.8 PPG in their four meetings. With Lowry struggling with his shot lately, it’s crucial that the good Lowry shows up for this one. At the very least he needs to play Kemba to a draw.
    2) Contain the bigs. Howard is always a threat on the glass and Valanciunas will need to play big minutes to match up with him tonight.
    3) The bench mob has to keep up the good job, so the starters can remain fresh and play low minutes.
    4) Score more points than the opposing team!!

Let's Go Raptors!!!
    Last edited by Cody73; Fri Feb 9, 2018, 02:20 PM.

Keep it goin' Z

Comment

Three games left until the all-star break, let's close this stretch well
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        Three games left until the all-star break, let's close this stretch well
        Aka 2 games until Leo and Matt talk about "last game before the all star" being a trap game about 25 times (as if raps are the only team getting an all star break)
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Sorry Zainab, had to edit the date. Today's the 9th..... Sunday's the 11th.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Aka 2 games until Leo and Matt talk about "last game before the all star" being a trap game about 25 times (as if raps are the only team getting an all star break)
            Feels like a trap game this year. 2nd night of a back to back, and have to travel. Playing a garbage team like Chicago. Our stars have already looked like they've checked out for the all-star break the last couple of weeks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/torontorapt...reddit-android

The old dog and his pups

Comment

Play three games in four nights starting with this one. Need to take care of business before the B2B. We have the talent to go 3-0 but I suspect one let down game. Hope it's not this one.

Charlotte has a good team on paper but the games aren't played there. I feel another bench win on Sunday.

Comment

I just wanna get thru the all star game and get to the '
                  "Sprint to the finish" - the fun stuff

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I just wanna get thru the all star game and get to the '
                    "Sprint to the finish" - the fun stuff
                    After watching last night’s game I just want to get to the playoffs. We’ve pretty much proven ourselves and we need to get to the playoffs healthy and fresh which is what our guys are clearly trying to do. Maintain good habits while coasting and I won’t complain. The rest of this season is going to be boring.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                      After watching last night’s game I just want to get to the playoffs. We’ve pretty much proven ourselves and we need to get to the playoffs healthy and fresh which is what our guys are clearly trying to do. Maintain good habits while coasting and I won’t complain. The rest of this season is going to be boring.
                      Couldn't agree more. I paraphrased basically the same thing last night to my girlfriend

Only thing left to follow is catching Boston for first seed

Comment

Casey's post-game lil speech(early in the video) is 100

Last edited by rocwell; Fri Feb 9, 2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Casey's post-game lil speech(early in the video) is 100

I refuse to believe ultimate dad says the f word

"This is the best job in the fudgin world"

Comment

Have to think the mood in Charlotte has to be flat....
                            Walker was apparently on the block and they can spin it a number of ways to salve his feelings but they didn’t deny it...
                            Howard is still a world class dork.... and no one likes playing with an idiot even if he’s good..which Howard is not.
                            Marvin the Martian Williams just got old this year
                            Malik Monk can’t get off the bench this year on merit
                            Nick Batum is still struggling with the residue of an early season injury
                            Frank the Tank is inconsistent and struggles when his shot isn’t falling which happens more than not
                            Jeremy Lamb will put up some points ..just not enough support around him....
                            They have a Zeller...

Raps are playing well in an every other day game rhythm which continues on Saturday in Charlotte. They have been in the same time zone for a month it seems and they have been just crushing teams lately... They pummelled the Knicks and the starters kind of just clocked in and out of that one.

Chalk up another professional win for the Dino’s......Raps W.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Feb 9, 2018, 05:31 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Have to think the mood in Charlotte has to be flat....
                              Walker was apparently on the block and they can spin it a number of ways to salve his feelings but they didn’t deny it...
                              Howard is still a world class dork.... and no one likes playing with an idiot even if he’s good..which Howard is not.
                              Marvin the Martian Williams just got old this year
                              Malik Monk can’t get off the bench this year on merit
                              Nick Batum is still struggling with the residue of an early season injury
                              Frank the Tank is inconsistent and struggles when his shot isn’t falling which happens more than not
                              Jeremy Lamb will put up some points ..just not enough support around him....
                              They have a Zeller...

Raps are playing well in an every other day game rhythm which continues on Saturday in Charlotte. They have been in the same time zone for a month it seems and they have been just crushing teams lately... They pummelled the Knicks and the starters kind of just clocked in and out of that one.

Chalk up another professional win for the Dino’s......Raps W.

Comment

Working...
                              X