Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      I'd much rather get the most effective guy than try to get a feel-good story to manage our media exposure. Problem is I don't know if Afflalo is all that effective given his recent history... Dude can't even clear 13 minutes a game on one of the worst teams in the league.
      The ironic part is that Vince does fit the bill as the most effective guy to get for a buyout grab if it were to happen.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
        I hope you are not serious about Jose.
        VC & Bosh on the other hand would be a solid upgrade & 2 very usefull players (sentimentality aside).
        I'm dead serious about Jose. In fact bring Lowry off the bench as his backup like it's 2012.

Numero ocho will lead us to victory!

Comment

• I think it's time to get either Bosh or Ilyasova, I want no Aaaron Affalo

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
            I think it's time to get either Bosh or Ilyasova, I want no Aaaron Affalo
            the man in black is our target

Comment

• Saw the reports by Lewenberg. Not really surprised to be honest. Masai never seemed like the guy that would be patiently waiting by his phone hoping for a guy to call him.

I don't think Afflalo is the right guy though. I guess he's a shooter.. but who's he displacing out of the line up? If they are going to get just anybody, then they really need is a vet's vet. A guy that's been in the playoffs and can help motivate the stars on this team. Right now Lowry is the oldest guy in the locker room, and he gets stage freight some times. I doubt a guy like Lowry would look up to AA who's only a year older, and has no real playoff success except for his rookie year in Detroit where they made it to the ECF.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Saw the reports by Lewenberg. Not really surprised to be honest. Masai never seemed like the guy that would be patiently waiting by his phone hoping for a guy to call him.

I don't think Afflalo is the right guy though. I guess he's a shooter.. but who's he displacing out of the line up? If they are going to get just anybody, then they really need is a vet's vet. A guy that's been in the playoffs and can help motivate the stars on this team. Right now Lowry is the oldest guy in the locker room, and he gets stage freight some times. I doubt a guy like Lowry would look up to AA who's only a year older, and has no real playoff success except for his rookie year in Detroit where they made it to the ECF.
                If you just want a tough guy in the locker-room regardless of ability go sign Perkins or Tony Allen tbh.

Comment

• Bring back Jared Sullinger. Seems to be healthy and in good shape. I would like to see him getting a second chance with the Raptors. He's a nice guy, who fits perfectly with the culture.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Saw the reports by Lewenberg. Not really surprised to be honest. Masai never seemed like the guy that would be patiently waiting by his phone hoping for a guy to call him.

I don't think there's any realistic option out there that Kyle is going to look up to. If he needs that then just trade him already. He's not some 24 year old star learning the ropes. He is a vet and is being paid a star salary.

Comment

• If Kyle were a good leader and the right PG for a championship team he would be the one settling down the young guys and leading through production on the court. That hasn't happened. I don't think he handles the pressure well at all.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                        If you just want a tough guy in the locker-room regardless of ability go sign Perkins or Tony Allen tbh.
                        I hadn't thought of Tony Allen once, and I'm not sure he's the guy, but this is probably the right direction. The biggest hole in the roster right now is that we only have one player - OG - who can credibly guard Lebron. Finding someone who can challenge LBJ somewhat might be the best move. Not sure who that is though.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• All of the above is why I'd go for Tony Allen over Arron Afflalo.

Allen is gritty, leads by example, and has loads of playoff experience. Yes he doesn't shoot but he could be a calming presence.

This is barring a better option becoming available, but I don't see many options left at this point.

Comment

• Yeah Allen is a good option if you're nursing a lead or guys have foul trouble. He can be insurance for OG and Powell. He can still bring the D in short spurts

I don't think we should prioritize an arms race with Houston, gs and Cleveland anyways. Probably the only way to beat them is grit n grind
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yeah Allen is a good option if you're nursing a lead or guys have foul trouble. He can be insurance for OG and Powell. He can still bring the D in short spurts

I don't think we should prioritize an arms race with Houston, gs and Cleveland anyways. Probably the only way to beat them is grit n grind
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• One possibility I could see is Tyson Chandler. He's a veteran who fits the culture, ample playoff experience and of course familiarity with Casey. I could see management thinking that a rebounding-defending big is a priority. As great as Siakam and Poeltl have been, they are still raw and unproven when it comes to playoff basketball. Although another PF or someone with a jumpshot makes a little more sense than a pure C, Chandler could play next to either of our young bigs.

That said, if Chandler did get bought out, either Boston or Cleveland would be able to offer him more minutes or a bigger role. Hell, I could see either of those teams going for him just to have a decent defender to put out against JV.

Comment

Working...
                                X