No announcement yet.

Game #57: Toronto Raptors 122 - Chicago Bulls 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a game thread - less than three thousand three hundred seventy minutes to tip off.

All joking aside, make sure to do what you're supposed to do - don't want to end up in a hospital like I did when I had pneumonia as a kid.
    Last edited by 3inthekeon; Wed Feb 21, 2018, 12:35 PM.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
      Sorry, I came down with pnemonia =/
      Holy smokes. How'd that happen?

Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
        Sorry, I came down with pnemonia =/
        Make the Raps/Bucks thread your flu game. Be legendary
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's unanimous! Why does that make me uncomfortable?

Which team will finish first in the East standings?

O’Connor: The Raptors are the deepest team in the East, and they seem to be getting better and better as the season progresses. They’re built to close the season at a high level, and they might not have peaked just yet.

Chau: The Raptors. Because Boston is suddenly bad, Cleveland is due for at least one hitch right before the playoffs, and Toronto is good.

Gonzalez: Hmm. The Celtics are starting to fray a little bit, and the Cavs—despite the fact I think they’re about to make a serious charge—are probably too far back to make up 6.5 games in the standings with 26 games left. That leaves Toronto. The Raptors have been the most consistent team in the conference. They know who they are and how they like to play. (Look at them, shooting more 3s in the year of our lord 2018!) They play well together, and DeMar DeRozan is having an outstanding season. This feels like the season they take the top seed.

O’Shaughnessy: Toronto has figured out a solid, reliable system. Cleveland’s roster is much improved, but could also have growing pains with so many new faces. And Boston (I apologize for doubting Brad Stevens) is in the midst of a downward spiral. So by default, and because of how dependable they’ve been this season, I’m going Raptors.

Uggetti: The Raptors are too good and too consistent to think they won’t hold on to the 1-seed. The hot-take artist in me wants to say the Cavs can go 21-5 over the second half with LeBron’s switch turned on to max power. But it’s hard to think the improving Raptors will stumble to a .500-or-worse record, which is basically what Cleveland would need to have a chance at leaping them.

Tjarks: The Raptors. They have too big of a lead on Cleveland (6.5 games), and they have one of the deepest teams in the NBA. They are playing great basketball and they are well suited to the regular season.

Verrier: Toronto. Believing in the Raptors is scary, especially when the Celtics, through all the hand-wringing over their recent skid, are just two games back in the standings. But Toronto is deeeeeeep, and the Raptors’ point differential (plus-8.5) suggests they’re far closer to a team on par with the Warriors and Rockets than the East also-ran they’ve been in recent years.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            It's unanimous! Why does that make me uncomfortable?
            It feels really weird, but it makes sense as of right now. We've been really consistent, Boston has hit a skid and Cleveland is most likely too far back.

Of course, there is so much that could happen in the next 25 games, but I am optimistic
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Built us up so that they can tear us down!
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Built us up so that they can tear us down!
                Is that before or after we win the NBA Finals?
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Too much time off. I need to say "Game Day!" soooooooon

Comment

• Ahhh I'm going to the bucks game. First game in Toronto! So excited .

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                      Ahhh I'm going to the bucks game. First game in Toronto! So excited .
                      Get to the arena early if you want to take a pic with our dancers

Comment

Ahhh I'm going to the bucks game. First game in Toronto! So excited .
                        Drink (and eat) before you get to the game. I recommend the Tilted Kilt.

Comment

• I thought it was very strange to hear LeBron James come out so strongly in favour of "our Commissioner" at the all star game. Now we know why

https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/...-jeff-sessions

Medical marijuana might be legal in 29 states, but NBA players still aren’t allowed to use it, even to treat injuries. But that might change soon.

The head of the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA), the union which represents players, said she’s supportive of marijuana use, even though it’s banned in the NBA.

“My own view is that there are substantial signs that support its efficacy and the value that it has for us, especially pain management,” the union's executive director Michele Roberts told SB Nation on Monday. “We’re in talks with the league to see where we can go with it.”

Roberts isn’t alone. Current and former players have advocated for marijuana use in the past, and they picked up an influential ally in October, when former NBA commissioner David Stern came out in support of pot in the league.

"I'm now at the point where personally I think it should be removed from the banned list," Stern told former NBA player and weed entrepreneur Al Harrington in a documentary. "You've persuaded me."

Under the NBA’s current rules, weed use is banned alongside hard drugs like LSD and meth, and players can be fined, suspended, and put into drug treatment if they test positive for pot. The league and the player’s union work jointly to administer the program, so both parties would have to hammer out any rule changes.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver said in August the issue needed further study, but if the science checked out, he was open to treating weed like any other medicine. The NBA did not respond to a request for comment.

But Roberts is worried that even if the NBA gets onboard, Attorney General Jeff Sessions could crack down on her players for something that’s legal in more than half of the country. Sessions rescinded an Obama-era rule in January shielding individuals and businesses in states with legal pot from certain forms of prosecution.

“If we do go down that road, we have to protect our players from — my words — a crazed attorney general who says he will prosecute violations of the law involving marijuana and he doesn’t care what individual states say,” Roberts added.

Getting behind cannabis use is not unheard of in professional sports. The NFL told players and their representatives last July that it’s open to researching medical marijuana, which former players have suggested as a substitute for opioids in treating serious pain issues and Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, a degenerative brain disease often found in football players.

Comment

Be afraid. Be very afraid. Then again, they managed to fit in the usual Raptors back handed compliment. "they are well suited to to the regular season".

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Drink (and eat) before you get to the game. I recommend the Tilted Kilt.
                              I've been told about the tilted kilt! "Hooters for asses".

Comment

I've been told about the tilted kilt! "Hooters for asses".
                                I haven't been to too many Hooters restaurants but Tilted Kilt is WAY better

Comment

Working...
                                X