2018 All-Star Weekend Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. Got it.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Comment

• Preach Brent. And am i the only one who doesn't find Kevin Hart funny? why is that midget always part of this event?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Preach Brent. And am i the only one who doesn't find Kevin Hart funny? why is that midget always part of this event?

Of ffs. The little jokes made on player intros? We skipped a televised draft but somehow still managed to bruise egos and hurt feelings?
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I was reminded by seeing a clip something I remembered watching live last night...on player intros Kevin Hart definitely goes

"give it up now for my guy. Demar...Rozan!!"

Yeah they must be tight, lol

Comment

Preach Brent. And am i the only one who doesn't find Kevin Hart funny? why is that midget always part of this event?

Hes an entertainer and they need a MC to hype the game during the pre-match ceremonies. The biggest complaint should be getting a washed up singer to sing the anthem, only to have her sabotage and butcher the song.

Comment

• No games till Friday??

Another reason to hate all star weekend. Lets gooooo

Comment

• Anyone saw the vid of T-Mac saying he's not sure if Lowry and DeRozan can keep this up in the playoffs?

That's funny coming from a guy who's never gotten past the 1st round in his career lol. What does he know about playoffs and winning?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        No games till Friday??

There are some games Thursday. Cavs-Wiz and Clips-Warriors scheduled on my cable. Thank goodness the Suns aren't playing.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          No games till Friday??

It's pretty crazy.

The NHL held their all star weekend last month. They played the AS game on sun afternoon. They were off on mon and then it was back to work on tue. Just one day off!

The NBA players on the other hand are off for a damn week.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's pretty crazy.

The NHL held their all star weekend last month. They played the AS game on sun afternoon. They were off on mon and then it was back to work on tue. Just one day off!

The NBA players on the other hand are off for a damn week.
                            The player whined for it in the CBA. Same group of guys who have all stars taking "rest days", who protested not to have the draft televised, and who finally be told to maybe try a little bit during the all star game people pay money for after 5 or 6 years of pathetic "efforts"

The "Day to day - Hurt feelings" generation

Comment

• lol respect the game. One of the main ASG complaints is the players don't respect the game, just layup lines and 35 foot jump shots.

Kevin Hart is fine. No comedian pleases everybody, ever. Personally his new ice bath YouTube bits are pretty hilarious.

Fergie was at least memorable, even if for all the wrong reasons.

The new team format injected a bit of extra interest and that was a good finish to the game. I've seen the suggestion that next year they save the AS player announcements for either a couple days before the weekend or the Saturday, then do the live draft right away. That would put the "who made the team?" excitement right on AS weekend instead of several weeks beforehand.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Watch out for Zion Williamson in 2 years. This guy is going to bring the dunk contest back.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X