Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #58: Milwaukee Bucks 122 - Toronto Raptors 119

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TRex wrote: View Post
    DeMar was VERY good. 33/8/6. Best player on the team.

    Bench was good too specially Poeltl and Siakam.

    What killed them tonight was their D. Lowry was getting beat off the dribble by Bledsoe pretty much every possession.

    Rebounding is also becoming concern. Along with OG's play who put up 0/0/0 tonight.
    The Big Valboski was basically invisible to his teammates/coaching staff though, they never really tried to establish him after Serge's hot start.

    DeMar did play very well, but that decision to get a 2 while down 3 and 2 seconds left was questionable. I get he went for the best shot available, but in that situation he has to know only a 3 attempt is going to tie it or give them a shot.
    The Double Champ is here!
    Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
    Raptors: Larry O'Brien

    Comment


    • Demar wit a huge brainfart towards the end.
      "Stay steamy"

      - Kobe

      Comment


      • This game should be a huge reminder of what they do that works and what they do that doesn't. I'm guessing there will be some video review sessions. One hopes that they ignore the bad calls and focus on the poor play and missed defensive rotations and box outs that put them in the position where they NEEDED good calls from the refs. They whould have finished this game with a 10 point cushion if they had played as a team.

        If they carry the lessons forward for the next couple dozen games it will have been well worth it.

        Comment


        • 007 wrote: View Post
          Also, along with the two JV non-and 1s, Giannis travelled on his late bucket. The rare double step-back lol

          I hope everyone is calm when the l2m report says Jv should of been called for defensive 3 in the key there and doesn't mention the Giannis travel.

          Comment


          • Last edited by saints91; Sat Feb 24, 2018, 10:16 AM.

            Comment


            • Keep in mind this is the Bucks playing a perfect game, on fire. And this is a sub par effort from us, and us close to our worst

              Comment


              • DeMar had an OK game, not a great one. He killed us for long stretches where he was making terrible decisions. Had a good stretch to get the game close again at the end, but fell apart in the clutch, again, including an incredibly stupid move going for two off that offensive board.

                I thought OG was really good actually. And should have played more. It's not like he was missing shots or passing shots up - the Raps didn't pass to him when he was open.

                Also, this game was dumb, because if they ran literally every play through a JV post up or high post hand off play, they'd have scored on basically every play. Bucks can't defend him. Silly to have Lowry and DeMar trying to drive into the teeth of that defence all game long.

                Anyway, post break let down, Bucks were on fire, Raps were ice cold, played dumb, and it still went to OT. Frustrating loss, but zero fear of these deer in the playoffs.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post
                  DeMar had an OK game, not a great one. He killed us for long stretches where he was making terrible decisions. Had a good stretch to get the game close again at the end, but fell apart in the clutch, again, including an incredibly stupid move going for two off that offensive board.

                  I thought OG was really good actually. And should have played more. It's not like he was missing shots or passing shots up - the Raps didn't pass to him when he was open.

                  Also, this game was dumb, because if they ran literally every play through a JV post up or high post hand off play, they'd have scored on basically every play. Bucks can't defend him. Silly to have Lowry and DeMar trying to drive into the teeth of that defence all game long.

                  Anyway, post break let down, Bucks were on fire, Raps were ice cold, played dumb, and it still went to OT. Frustrating loss, but zero fear of these deer in the playoffs.
                  Pretty well agree, except the one fact no one has mentioned is Pascal. I thought he was the best Raptor last night. Some big buckets and defended Giannis well without fouling . Forced him into a lot of long jumpers. Sucks for us he made quite a few.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                  Comment


                  • He played amazing!!! No more 3s please though

                    Comment


                    • At least not in a come back effort

                      Comment


                      • antetekounmpo gets away with more travelling than any other player in the NBA i think.

                        Comment


                        • KHD wrote: View Post
                          antetekounmpo gets away with more travelling than any other player in the NBA i think.

                          Comment


                          • KHD wrote: View Post
                            antetekounmpo gets away with more travelling than any other player in the NBA i think.
                            NBA's pick for James successor.

                            Even if he's a career 22% on 3 attempts Pascal still gets 3 contracts.

                            I think biggest takeaway, is you can't accurately simulate late game situations in practice. Demar needs reps and he's willing to put in more than most. He's going to have library to breakdown over the summer.

                            Comment


                            • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Pretty well agree, except the one fact no one has mentioned is Pascal. I thought he was the best Raptor last night. Some big buckets and defended Giannis well without fouling . Forced him into a lot of long jumpers. Sucks for us he made quite a few.
                              Yeah, Pascal was very good. He took one idiotic three in the clutch last night, but otherwise was solid all night. Both he and OG did a great job on Giannis all game. I thought Pascal laid too far off of Giannis a few times, but mostly he was good.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • I didn't get to see Coach Casey's full after game comments but how the hell doesn't he defend his big (JV) getting mugged twice in the last 2 minutes and not getting any call? Maybe he did in another part of the interview....If it had been DD or Kyle he would have been all over it .....

                                As far as the Freak getting away with travels all the time, again Casey can bring that up to the media ahead of time without getting fined and let them count the travels and make a fuss for you.

                                It's way past time he stated getting smarter and fought back against bad calls. Yac is another example of a guy who gets jobbed just for being a rookie

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X