No announcement yet.

Game #58: Milwaukee Bucks 122 - Toronto Raptors 119

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooouuu those numbers are rough. I keep saying we have to beat teams by 10 or more if we wanna go far in the playoffs this year. Because there's not much time for them to get their shit together when it comes to winning close games.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Lots of time to get their shit together. And I don't buy that these clutch stats are that predictive for the team - objectively, they have struggled offensively in tight spots with execution and need to improve there and should be working on it, but... Like the Raps have graded out pretty well in the clutch the past few years and haven't exactly set the world on fire in the playoffs. I don't think it's all that indicative of a big issue.

I do think there's an issue, but these raw records and numbers are more descriptive than predictive here, I think.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DeRozan has the highest drop-off in AST% from the 1st quarter to 4th quarter of any high usage player in the league. Goes from about 29% to about 12%. Looks like we're still looking towards iso ball in crunch time and that is not a good sign for the playoffs.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          DeRozan has the highest drop-off in AST% from the 1st quarter to 4th quarter of any high usage player in the league. Goes from about 29% to about 12%. Looks like we're still looking towards iso ball in crunch time and that is not a good sign for the playoffs.
          Yeah and it's constant throughout the game, dropping off from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 4th to clutch time. It has to be an approach difference - he comes out looking for the pass and kind of eases away from it throughout the game. And it's far less obvious a trend for Lowry, so I think it's more a DeMar issue than a Casey one right now.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Lots of time to get their shit together. And I don't buy that these clutch stats are that predictive for the team - objectively, they have struggled offensively in tight spots with execution and need to improve there and should be working on it, but... Like the Raps have graded out pretty well in the clutch the past few years and haven't exactly set the world on fire in the playoffs. I don't think it's all that indicative of a big issue.

I do think there's an issue, but these raw records and numbers are more descriptive than predictive here, I think.
            I really hope you're right. The only reason why it's worrisome is because most playoffs games are pretty close down the stretch. You rarely blow out teams or beat them by a big margin. Unless I'm wrong about that as well. Also it looks like we will either be playing Miami or Philly and even though I do expect us to beat those teams it's not gonna be a cake walk and they've played us really well this season.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Yeah and it's constant throughout the game, dropping off from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 4th to clutch time. It has to be an approach difference - he comes out looking for the pass and kind of eases away from it throughout the game. And it's far less obvious a trend for Lowry, so I think it's more a DeMar issue than a Casey one right now.
              You seem to have a lot of faith that they'll figure it out and get it together. I guess I'm just not that positive, because to me 24 games or whatever isn't that much time to figure it out. Especially if we don't play many close games in that time period. Also they haven't in my opinion shown even slight growth in the clutch. If I was seeing progress there I would be more confident but it seems like it's the same old thing every time. Thank God they've stopped going ISO for 3 quarters. Now they just have to figure out that last quarter or the last 3-5 mins of a tight game.

Comment

• Lack of ball movement in the 4th sucks. Mostly from our two all stars. They need to get out of that mentality that they have to be the ones to take the final shot
                OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                  Lack of ball movement in the 4th sucks. Mostly from our two all stars. They need to get out of that mentality that they have to be the ones to take the final shot
                  It takes time to change deeply ingrained habits, and I think we can all agree now that the culture reset should have started 4 years ago. Unfortunately, it might be too late to ever change KL and DD’s mindset and keep in mind that we’re also paying them like uber-elite superstars. So, they’re going to try and prove to everyone that they deserve that money, when our depth has actually been a huge part of our success year after year.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                    Lack of ball movement in the 4th sucks. Mostly from our two all stars. They need to get out of that mentality that they have to be the ones to take the final shot
                    Shot selection is the #1 issue.

Last friday against the Bucks there was a possession late in the game where DeRozan was going for 2 for 1 with 35 secs left in the game - down 1. He took a tough contested shot over Middleton. 1. Why take that shot? 2. Why go for 2 for 1? you're down 1 with 35 secs left in the 4th. You need to make sure you score.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I agree 2 for one if you have a good shot, not just chuck it up. I believe it happened in OT as well.

Honestly the Bucks played out of their mind. They’re not a 3pt shooting team and we’re draining everything. If it takes that kind of performance to beat us playing poorly... I think we’ll be fine. We have to be more consistent with our effort level. We have a problem with letting teams get comfortable in the first quarter.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                        X