X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Looks like Kyle Lowry is involved in NCAA scandal.
    Fred Van Vleet too. He took $1k loan from an agent in college.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Looks like Kyle Lowry is involved in NCAA scandal.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Wiz beat Cavs. Their new lineup is not unbeatable, surprise!

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Game day.
    Game Day!
    That felt goooood ....

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    White man can stretch?

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Why not just call it down the middle and say he has a 7'5 wingspan?

Also, I have a feeling that the bench guys are gonna be hungry.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Jonas' wingspan is negative, I guess. #whitepeopleproblems

EDIT: Google says that JV's wingspan is 7'4 or 7'6. No way?
    Never got measured during the draft, but yes, that was the reported number (I suspect 7’6” is exaggerated, but 7’4” seems about right - he’s got long arms, he gets his hands on a lot of boards he has little business getting to, keeps balls alive).

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Q:> What's the total wingspan of each starting unit? Bucks are really long, but we've gotta be pretty damn close, other than Lowry.
    Jonas' wingspan is negative, I guess. #whitepeopleproblems

EDIT: Google says that JV's wingspan is 7'4 or 7'6. No way?
    Last edited by rocwell; Thu Feb 22, 2018, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Q:> What's the total wingspan of each starting unit? Bucks are really long, but we've gotta be pretty damn close, other than Lowry.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    That's an interesting observation I hadn't heard before, but it makes sense. I don't know HOW hard they would be to scout but, as an example, VV and Yak, Siakim and Yak, DD and Yak all have different ways of reacting on the floor and each duo is going to come at you a little differently. If your rotation is down to 8 guys playing against 10, one team has an extra 360combos to remember; not that anyone does, but it is easy to see the problems that could present. If the Raptors have home court advantage, as well as a larger number of variables, it presents two distinct advantages.

You kind of see this in the ways guys are surprised by DeLong and Fred stripping the ball from the ball handler and disrupting passing lanes. They catch opponents off guard. Just one example.
    I've noted in the past about how little teams see of Casey's clutch lineups before clutch time, which he was doing even last year. You get your starters, a couple transitional lineups, the full bench, and then starters again to end the 1st half, then the starters, transitional, bench again, and then in the last couple minutes of the game you'll often see a two PG, starters, one big lineup that you haven't seen all game long. That's even tougher to gameplan for this year with two very different-feeling two-PG lineups (KL/FVV, KL/DW). That said, this has not resulted in a great clutch record thus far, but there's a few lineups there that I really like, and think that Casey just isn't overplaying them yet. The home-heavy schedule, lots of practice days, should work well for this down the stretch as well, as these less common lineups get more time to figure things out.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Flu game! let's go!

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    It's nice being first seed. Let's keep it that way

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Keep in goin' Z.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    fivethirtyeight's podcast today...The only thing I found interesting (i.e. stuff I didn't already know) was the point they made about us being very hard to scout in the playoffs, because of the sheer number of good players and combinations Casey should have his disposal.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...espn:nba:story
    That's an interesting observation I hadn't heard before, but it makes sense. I don't know HOW hard they would be to scout but, as an example, VV and Yak, Siakim and Yak, DD and Yak all have different ways of reacting on the floor and each duo is going to come at you a little differently. If your rotation is down to 8 guys playing against 10, one team has an extra 360combos to remember; not that anyone does, but it is easy to see the problems that could present. If the Raptors have home court advantage, as well as a larger number of variables, it presents two distinct advantages.

You kind of see this in the ways guys are surprised by DeLong and Fred stripping the ball from the ball handler and disrupting passing lanes. They catch opponents off guard. Just one example.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    fivethirtyeight's podcast today had a bit about the raptors bench (plus a lot of other stuff I skipped over). Not a fan of podcasts since I never know until it's done how good it was, as opposed to an article which can be skimmed, or read in depth depending on the content.

If anyone is interested, the Raptor stuff is the final 5 minutes. The only thing I found interesting (i.e. stuff I didn't already know) was the point they made about us being very hard to scout in the playoffs, because of the sheer number of good players and combinations Casey should have his disposal.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...espn:nba:story

Leave a comment:

Working...
X