X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    That's just insane. 4 hours round trip. Just move to mississauga already jack. Fuck is there to do in Lewiston anyway lol
    Cheaper housing, cheaper taxes.

I am sure he estimated how much money he was saving.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I believe that's near Niagra.. about 2 hour drive into downtown Toronto.
    That's just insane. 4 hours round trip. Just move to mississauga already jack. Fuck is there to do in Lewiston anyway lol

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Damn. How far is the drive from Buffalo to Toronto?
    I believe that's near Niagra.. about 2 hour drive into downtown Toronto.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    90 mins drive on a good day

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Is it because of the exchange rate? Raps charge an insane amount for tickets compared to other teams in the league. Or do the Kings just have better sponsors?
    No.. all figures will be stated in US currency. Exchange rate does help on annualized revenue.

Annual revenues for the Raps would be somewhat artificially lowered as the sellers of their broadcast rights are also the buyers. Its a closed loop system here in the Great White North.
    Bell and Rogers can use any number of GAAP rules on where and how they record revenue.

This franchise is on incredibly solid footing.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 28, 2018, 02:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Huh? i can't remember the last time there was even a minor earthquake here.
    Last one was in 1700. So you guys are due for another one.

Stats say 12% chance of the "big one" hitting in the next 50 years:
    https://globalnews.ca/news/3981536/t...a-the-big-one/

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    22 hours ago.

1.8 magnitude earthquake

Today about 22 hours ago at 22:12
    February 27, 2018 UTC

11.2 km from Princeton (7.2 miles)
    That wasn't an earthquake, that was TRex chewing his granola after hot yoga.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Princeton? i don't even know where that is lol.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    22 hours ago.

1.8 magnitude earthquake

Today about 22 hours ago at 22:12
    February 27, 2018 UTC

11.2 km from Princeton (7.2 miles)

What will happen when an earthquake hits?
    The last earthquake in our area to register magnitude 9.0 or larger happened in 1700. It is just a matter of time until the next one occurs.
    When it does, we can expect damaged buildings and infrastructure, flooding, fires, and thousands of people forced from their homes.
    Our transportation systems will be disrupted, and there will likely be interruptions in our electricity and telecommunications systems, too.
    A recent study from the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) estimates that the cost of a megathrust earthquake off the coast of BC would be as high as $75 billion. A smaller earthquake closer to Vancouver could cause even greater damage.
    You can find out more about earthquakes from Natural Resources Canada.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Fu*k pacific coast. That earthquake risk would drive me nuts!!

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Ahh okay.. Sacramento got a new arena.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Interesting bits from the link (https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...63e989fe7155):

"New arenas in Sacramento, Detroit and Milwaukee have propelled those franchises, which ranked among the NBA’s lowest-revenue teams in recent years. The value of the Kings is up 28% to $1.375 billion after the opening of Golden 1 Center last season."

"The only team by our count to post an operating deficit after revenue sharing was the Cleveland Cavaliers. The team lost $6.2 million thanks to a $134 million payroll, plus a $25 million luxury tax penalty. Other teams posted net losses like the Detroit Pistons and Milwaukee Bucks. The Pistons faced a significant one-time impairment charge with their move to their new home at Little Caesars Arena (we estimate the team earned $22 million in operating profit). The Bucks net loss was in part due to the amortization of intangibles resulting from the 2014 purchase of the team. Our figures show an operating profit of $20 million."

"Revenues and operating incomes are for the 2016-17 season and net of revenue sharing and arena debt service. Revenue sharing pushed teams like the Memphis Grizzlies, Charlotte Hornets and Milwaukee Bucks from the red into the black for profitability. Low-revenue teams received $260 million from last season through revenue sharing."

"Our estimated income statements include revenue team owners get from non-NBA events at their arena. The Nets basketball team posted a sizable financial loss but turned a profit if you include revenue from the Barclays Center and non-NBA events at the Brooklyn arena, which both funnel into the pockets of Prokhorov."

The only bit about the Raptors is in the slideshow, $800m CAD over 20 years for renaming the ACC.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    To be fair Toronto has like 6 million people vs 2.5 in van. Van is considered a global city being on the pacific coast and gorgeous, but in size is closer to his cousins Calgary and Edmonton than Toronto.
    Fu*k pacific coast. That earthquake risk would drive me nuts!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X