I just love that there's multiple legitimate options on the team
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        As of right now? Fred
        Most consistent? Jakob
        Most improved? Pascal
        Most potential? OG
        I agree except for the most potential. I think Poeltl has the most potential of the 4.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'd like to pick the tandem of Yak and Skills.Together they are unstoppable.

Comment

"Best" really just depends on the matchup for any given night.

The most exciting has to be Pascal though.

Comment

Jakob Poetl: Future Fringe All Star, 15/10/2/2 average type of guy
              Pascal Siakam: Future Consistently Solid Starter, 14/7/2 type of guy
              OG Anunoby: Future Consistently Solid Starter Without The Stats To Show It, the oil that keeps the machine running type of guy
              Delon Wright: Solid All Around 6th Man, Versatile Combo Guard
              Fred Van Fleet: Solid All Around 6th man, Key Bench Piece

My 2 cents.

Comment

"Best" is pretty subjective. From a talent perspective I think the best guy is probably JV. Could be an all-star if was given more opportunity. But I'm assuming he doesn't count.

So using the bench (minus CJ) + OG & Norm, I would rank them like this:

Best right now:

1. FVV
                2. Poeltl
                3. OG
                4. Wright
                5. Siakam
                6. Norm

In terms of who I think will be better 3 years from now, I'd rank them like this:

1. Siakam
                2. OG
                3. Poeltl
                4. Wright
                5. FVV
                6. Norm

.. of course it all depends. I have faith that Siakam will develop a shot so I rank him higher than everyone else. Also despite ranking Wright so poorly, I have to say I love him. Defensively he's going to be one of the best PG's in the league. And if Siakam develops a shot so could Wright. Wright with a shot (he's efficient, but I mean more like a YoLo type of shot) would be a killer in this league.

Just hope we can retain all these guys for cheap. Then grab a stud like a Giannis in free agency and continue to kick ass for years on end.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Just hope we can retain all these guys for cheap. Then grab a stud like a Giannis in free agency and continue to kick ass for years on end.
                  If Masai manages to keep these guys as a future core and transitions from DD/Lowry/Ibaka to a different star (or two) as a centrepiece over the next few seasons, I will not even have words for that level of genius.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

FVV is interesting in terms of how much better can he get? It seems that any improvement from Fred would be limited to mental attributes I guess. There doesn't seem to be a lot of room to improve skills like dribbling, shooting passing etc. He's already very good at those things. And mentally, he already plays like a vet, but maybe he can still improve court awareness and BBIQ with experience. Poeltl, Siakim and OG have alot more room to grow than FVV.

Comment

This thread captures the most exciting thing about the Raptors right now....other than the obvious NBA Final hopes. It might be that none of our youngsters is ever quite an NBA all-star. Looks like Siakam or OG have the best physical tools but Poeltl might just develop a big reputation as a defender and if he can learn to shoot a bit he could surpass them. As others have said I really hope there is a way we can keep all of them long term. I'd have to double check but at the moment I don't think the Raptors have a single player in the top 10 of any major category statistically....yet are one of the best 3 teams. This core of young guys epitomize what can be done with effort, teamwork and intelligence. I also find them the most likeable group of players I've seen in pro sports in a long time.

Comment

Just to add another comment. With the current thinking of taking only layups and threes (unless your name is Serge or Demar) I actually have no idea if Delon Wright or FVV or Poeltl can even MAKE a 10 or 12 footer. Anything from that range seems to become a floater for Siakam. I know the trend but it still seems important to me that players can make those shots when needed. FVV for example is currently having a great deal of trouble finishing and if he could pull up on a drive and make a few shots when they chase him off the 3 point line it would be useful. Same with Delon. There have also been times when Poeltl was left wide open for a short jumper and will never take it. The whole group could use some intense summer shooting practice.

Comment

Are we sure Pascal Siakam isn't the best out of them? Or maybe its Jakob. Sometimes its FVV. But I know for sure the future is OG.

Comment

I'm going with OG. He seems to be the best two way player of the bunch.

Siakam has an opportunity to be an even more valuable 3 & D guy because his mobility allows him to guard elite wing scorers.

Comment

For me it’s tough between OG and Pascal. The way pascal has turned into a legit point forward is incredible and it really opens up our offence. He can handle the ball while Kyle and Demar are cutting, and when he’s with the bench guys they can just run their offence through him. OG has the potential to be the best defender in the league and if he can at all develop any offensive creativity he can be an all star and a #2 or #3 guy. Sadly none of our guys look like they have the potential to be a #1 guy but hopefully Masai can shore that up in free agency when the time comes.

Comment

Working...
                              X