Who's the Raptors best young player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    FVV is interesting in terms of how much better can he get? It seems that any improvement from Fred would be limited to mental attributes I guess. There doesn't seem to be a lot of room to improve skills like dribbling, shooting passing etc. He's already very good at those things. And mentally, he already plays like a vet, but maybe he can still improve court awareness and BBIQ with experience. Poeltl, Siakim and OG have alot more room to grow than FVV.
    VV is like Russell Wilson of the Seahawks. He's not the biggest guy on the floor, he's not flashy, but he's ALWAYS in control. His BBIQ is off the charts, he's clutch, and is just a natural leader.

I said this last night, in close games(like last night) i'd like to see the ball in either DeRozan or VV's hands. DeRozan because he's their best player and VV because you know he's going to make the RIGHT plays.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

VV has also turned into the Raptors 3rd most important player this year.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Pretty straighforward
        Straightforward question. Complicated and difficult to answer.....

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          VV has also turned into the Raptors 3rd most important player this year.
          Yes and isn't this amazing?! If anyone had predicted this last October they would have been laughed off the forum. And for the top two you mean Demar and JV right? Just kidding....sort of.

Comment

Ask this question after three different games and you'd get 3 different answers lol

Comment

I think Wright might be the most polished out of all of them, really if he improves his 3pt shooting he’ll be deadly. Great vision and handles, great defender with his length, and can also come back and rebound. I hope he can figure the shooting out, he could be our future at the position. Love VV but he’s a bit limited with his size, he’s a great back up.

Overall everyone is pretty Solid with Siakam and OG being the most raw, but huge ceiling with their athletic ability and bodies.
              Last edited by saints91; Sun Mar 4, 2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                I think weight might be the most polished out of all of them, really if he improves his 3pt shooting he’ll be deadly. Get vision and handles, great defender with his length, and can also come back and rebound. I hope he can figure the shooting out, he could be our firture at the position. Love VV but he’s a bit limited with his size, he’s a great back up.

Overall everyone is pretty Solid with Siakam and OG being the most raw, but huge ceiling with their athletic ability and bodies.
                Delon appears not to know what to do next far to often for my taste. He may grow out of it in time. At this point, with four years of college, summer league and 905 time, VV just has a ton more playing experience. Never seems at a loss for what to do, never just dribbles out the clock hoping something turns up. I may be a little harsh on Delon here, but I think the difference between the two is stark.

Comment

FVV’s height can be a hindrance in defending taller guards but he compensates it with his grit and high BBIQ. His range has improved tremendously. He still has some room to grow with decision making and court awareness but the trust that Casey has given him so far is what separates him from Delon.

Delon however has the length that can disrupt bigger guards and some wing players. He needs to improve his range and decision making as well.

OGs elite defense will catapult him to be a perennial All Star in the future. Combine that with a consistent three point shooting for sure would make him a max player some day.

Siakam just have to focus on what he excels most, defense and hustle. I have major doubts that his stroke outside of 22 feet will improve, 19% 3pt pctg is just bad. It may take years to make that to a respectable rate.

Poeltl IMO with added muscle and strength like OG can be one of the better players in this league with high potential to be an All Star.

Overall, not any of them are like the Giannis and Embiids of the world, generational talents or game changing talents but collectively they are great complementary players.

Comment

Not entirely on point but one thing I always enjoy is when an opposing guard drives and sees the awkward-looking white guy, thinks to himself, "I'm gonna get a layup," then gets blocked by Poeltl and falls on his ass.

Then, later on, when an opposing guard drives and sees the awkward-looking white guy, thinks to himself, "Last time I wasn't ready but this time I'm gonna put him on a poster," goes up for a strong dunk, then gets blocked by Poeltl and falls on his ass

That's good entertainment.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      Not entirely on point but one thing I always enjoy is when an opposing guard drives and sees the awkward-looking white guy, thinks to himself, "I'm gonna get a layup," then gets blocked by Poeltl and falls on his ass.

Then, later on, when an opposing guard drives and sees the awkward-looking white guy, thinks to himself, "Last time I wasn't ready but this time I'm gonna put him on a poster," goes up for a strong dunk, then gets blocked by Poeltl and falls on his ass

That's good entertainment.
                      Awkward looking white guys finally have our Michael Jordan
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X