No announcement yet.

Ideal Playoff Matchups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ideal playoff matchup would be the Raptors playing the Don Bosco High School Junior Boys basketball team in the first round

Well.. it would be the Junior Girls team, but I think that might be pushing it

Comment

Call me crazy. I really do think the bench will play a part in few ways.

1) allowing our starters rest... not just now but within play off games.

Kyrie playing 40 minutes mean's he will be tired. That extra 7 or so minutes to Lowry and Derozan will allow them to come back mid game to late game and have a legs under them.

2) Reducing the drop off.

We can reduce the drop off when the bench is on the floor meaning we can play them for longer. When the other team's bench come out and get that much needed blow/breather thats when we pounce. It will force them to over play their stars and when the stars are tired thats when mistakes are made.

3) defence

they just play good defence and solid transition offence.

4) pacing

they play a different pace and slightly different style than the starters so you have to prepare for almost two different games.

Comment

It all comes down to Kyle, Demar and Casey. We can beat anyone in the east as long as we stick to what's been working. I don't care if Kyle and Demar don't elevate in the playoffs, stick to the script.

Casey will need to keep managing the chess pieces based on what's going on in the game. He has so many looks he can throw at any team, he gotta use it unlike last year when it was almost too late.

Comment

Deems wrote: View Post
          It all comes down to Kyle, Demar and Casey. We can beat anyone in the east as long as we stick to what's been working. I don't care if Kyle and Demar don't elevate in the playoffs, stick to the script.
          Kyle tends to want to overperform. If he can avoid that we're good.

Comment

Too bad it now looks like that the Pistons won’t be making the playoffs as the eighth seed as it would have been nice to play them and an easy road trip for the We The North army.

Comment

wayner wrote: View Post
              Too bad it now looks like that the Pistons won’t be making the playoffs as the eighth seed as it would have been nice to play them and an easy road trip for the We The North army.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Miami has a lot more going for it than Detroit but is isn’t a four hour drive!

Comment

Can We Avoid the 12:30 game?

I'll try to spin this thread to something that doesn't seem like it is tempting fate. If we finish as the number one seed, will we still get the 12:30 NBAtv game? Of the 8 likely teams, my guess of the "sexy" ones are Boston, Cleveland, Philly and Miami. None of them will likely get the 12:30 slot. Our chance for a better slot goes up if we are playing one of them or two of them play each other (cancelling out a slot). Lots can change but as of now we would be facing Miami which could help. The only trouble is none of the other marquee teams are playing each other. This isn't a "woe is me. we're not on espn" thing...early starts just aren't that much fun. We'll see.

Comment

As a reference...a comparable team would be the 2015 Hawks. They got the 5:30 game ("you know who" got the 12:30 game)

Comment

Milwaukee is a somewhat sexy team because they have the Greek Freak. So we might get a better slot if we are playing them and it is looking more like we will play either Miami or Milwaukee.

Comment

I really hope Miami moves up. Don't want to face them. They are a very well coached team.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          I'll try to spin this thread to something that doesn't seem like it is tempting fate. If we finish as the number one seed, will we still get the 12:30 NBAtv game? Of the 8 likely teams, my guess of the "sexy" ones are Boston, Cleveland, Philly and Miami. None of them will likely get the 12:30 slot. Our chance for a better slot goes up if we are playing one of them or two of them play each other (cancelling out a slot). Lots can change but as of now we would be facing Miami which could help. The only trouble is none of the other marquee teams are playing each other. This isn't a "woe is me. we're not on espn" thing...early starts just aren't that much fun. We'll see.
                          If the playoffs started today then I think Washington/Indiana would be the 12:30pm game....but last year I thought they got rid of the 12:30pm game?
                          Last edited by sanyo; Sun Mar 18, 2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Just some decent refs and any matchup is ideal.

Comment

Got this from my brother-in-law, who's a season ticket holder (so don't blame me if it doesn't work).

Raptors playoff ticket presale code: 88ZH7q

Comment

Aren't playoff ticket prices really high? I remember seeing a tweet showing how much more tickets were this year compared to last year. Couple of grand for a pair of average seats I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X