Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could tonights game be " one " of the biggest regular season games in Raptors history ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could tonights game be " one " of the biggest regular season games in Raptors history ?

Let me just say I used the term " one of " not the most .. It seems if they beat one of the hottest teams in the NBA it will be even hard to ignore the Raptors . Although saying that we kicked the Celtics and Cavs butts and the give a shit meter didn't move a bit in the U.S .

It's huge but not having OG takes some of the air out of it. But, here's a simple way to validate your claim. This is a game between the first seeds in each conference with only a month left in the season. In the Raptors 20+ year history, they have never had the chance to play in that game.

Comment

It's not a national tv game, so ESPN will talk about Lonzo and Lakers-Denver today. All articles about Rockets-Raps will be buried in the fine print.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        It's not a national tv game, so ESPN will talk about Lonzo and Lakers-Denver today. All articles about Rockets-Raps will be buried in the fine print.
        I'm not going to bother with the research but has there ever mid a game in mid march (ie towards the end of the season) between the conference leaders that was not nationally televised? I assume it happened often in the Atlanta year.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          The American media ( all talk show hosts ) are obsessed with two things ... Ball and Lebron James ...

Comment

I look at it this way: the biggest games are ones where there are serious implications both to winning and losing. Now clearly, if we win, that's a huge deal. If we lose... meh. Stakes have certainly been higher in regular season games against Cleveland the last couple years when we were trying and failing to show we could match up against them.

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
              The American media ( all talk show hosts ) are obsessed with two things ... Ball and Lebron James ...
              You're not far off there. ESPN has bcome a total joke. Look at this gem of journalism they diligently researched and put out there today....

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                You're not far off there. ESPN has bcome a total joke. Look at this gem of journalism they diligently researched and put out there today....

Who takes the time to go back and figure this shit out
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Who takes the time to go back and figure this shit out
                  Support staff... who were hired to replace real and solid writers. ESPN way!

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

TMZ has ruined the planet.

Comment

It depends on what you mean by "biggest". Because a loss doesn't really mean much at all in the big picture.. we could have lost to the Pistons and that would have felt worse than if we lose tonight.

I'd say the biggest game was the last game of the regular season in 11-12 where Ben Uzoh had a triple double against the lowly Nets. If we lost that one our draft pick would have been 6th instead of 8th. We could have had Dame Lillard instead of Terrence Ross.

That would have been far more franchise altering than this game tonight would be.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        TMZ has ruined the planet.
                        No this shitty planet created tmz. Celebrity worship is epidemic I remember far back as the mid 90s. I don't remember much before that lol

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          It depends on what you mean by "biggest". Because a loss doesn't really mean much at all in the big picture.. we could have lost to the Pistons and that would have felt worse than if we lose tonight.

I'd say the biggest game was the last game of the regular season in 11-12 where Ben Uzoh had a triple double against the lowly Nets. If we lost that one our draft pick would have been 6th instead of 8th. We could have had Dame Lillard instead of Terrence Ross.

That would have been far more franchise altering than this game tonight would be.
                          Feeling:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

But if we drafted dame the future changes dramatically. then we don't get Lowry and we don't trade ross for ibaka and also possibly Donald Trump becomes president of the USA

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              But if we drafted dame the future changes dramatically. then we don't get Lowry and we don't trade ross for ibaka and also possibly Donald Trump becomes president of the USA
                              We'd still have Masai and that's all that matters.

Comment

Working...
                              X