Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Raptors in the Media: Share Stories, Articles & Videos you find on our Raps

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Not necessarily about being scared of anyone, but if you think team A is a tougher out than team B, why not hope Cleveland has to deal with team A and we deal with team B? The easier road gives you an advantage later on. Some guys seem offended on here that we even talk about preferring one opponent over another, to me it's a rather simple concept
    Meh, I guess to me it's in the range of "sure, why not" but I find it hard to give the slightest crap. Only team beating the Raptors in round 1 (or even forcing a long series) is the Raptors. There are no tough outs at the bottom of the East. And hoping for a certain matchup smacks too much of the idea of targeting a specific matchup and that idea I do not like at all.

    I would prefer not to match up with Cleveland until round three. That's the only team in the East I think can surprise us relative to their regular season performance. Everything else is noise at this point.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Not necessarily about being scared of anyone, but if you think team A is a tougher out than team B, why not hope Cleveland has to deal with team A and we deal with team B? The easier road gives you an advantage later on. Some guys seem offended on here that we even talk about preferring one opponent over another, to me it's a rather simple concept
      On the other hand a tougher team might whip you into the kind of shape that a weaker team won't be able to. Breezing through soft competition only to hit a road block of a team later on could be trouble.

      Comment




      • First ESPN clip I've ever seen where they didn't say "prove it in the playoffs" even once..

        Comment


        • tDotted wrote: View Post
          All that "proven" talent and they're still the definition of mediocrity.

          Giannis has been pretty healthy all year and they're still the 8th seed. I get that they're a dangerous team because of him, but they're not actually a serious threat.

          Of course the ideal matchup is Miami/Indiana, but it's silly to worry about that as the #1 seed.
          Giannis is a great player, the rest of the Bucks aside from Bledsoe are mediocre and overrated as a unit. Remember when Milwaukee fans realized Toronto's 3rd string centre was probably better than any of their guys at the 5? Yeah. Some of those long, mobile players are not developing into much of anything. They've had (and still have some) potential so I get the excitement, but it's not developing. I think eventually Giannis moves on.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

          Comment


          • S.R. wrote: View Post
            Giannis is a great player, the rest of the Bucks aside from Bledsoe are mediocre and overrated as a unit. Remember when Milwaukee fans realized Toronto's 3rd string centre was probably better than any of their guys at the 5? Yeah. Some of those long, mobile players are not developing into much of anything. They've had (and still have some) potential so I get the excitement, but it's not developing. I think eventually Giannis moves on.
            yeah, thon maker looks like he could be really good, but haven't heard alot about him so far this season. Giannis really needs to learn to shoot though, that could really elevate the ceiling of the team as it would give him so many more options to score and set up his teammates. Even a decent midrange game might go along way to opening up the floor for that team.

            Comment


            • Don't know where to put this, don't know if it's already been posted somewhere (from 2 days ago):



              http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...espn:nba:index
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

              Comment


              • https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/8/1...-anthony-davis

                We might finally be...not Mike Conley. Here's a group of people from the ex grantland world who are having a reasonable talk about the prospects of the Raptors. Yes they bring up the playoff trouble but they put things in a good context. As the link says, listen in at the 10:45 mark. It's a good listen.

                Comment


                • On the other hand:

                  This is a throwaway line in Zach Lowe's 10 things in a Victor Oladipo section:
                  "Related: The battle for the six All-NBA guard spots is a bloodbath. It's possible Oladipo and both Raptors get left out."

                  Now I don't think there's much chance Demar doesn't make All-Pro, and Zach has always been pretty low on Demar, but it's a bit ridiculous to think that a potential 60 win Raptors team has none of the top 15 All Pro players.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

                  Comment


                  • Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    On the other hand:

                    This is a throwaway line in Zach Lowe's 10 things in a Victor Oladipo section:
                    "Related: The battle for the six All-NBA guard spots is a bloodbath. It's possible Oladipo and both Raptors get left out."

                    Now I don't think there's much chance Demar doesn't make All-Pro, and Zach has always been pretty low on Demar, but it's a bit ridiculous to think that a potential 60 win Raptors team has none of the top 15 All Pro players.
                    Yeah disagree strongly with Zach here. I mean, Demar made it LAST year. He's top 10 on all MVP ladders. He was a deserved starter in the all star. 55 to 60+ wins

                    Zach loves Lowry as we all do and likes to emphasize how good he is past the raw numbers. But Demar has been carrying the scoring load this year and deserves to stand out, not as the "raps backcourt" that often gets lumped together.
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Yeah disagree strongly with Zach here. I mean, Demar made it LAST year. He's top 10 on all MVP ladders. He was a deserved starter in the all star. 55 to 60+ wins

                      Zach loves Lowry as we all do and likes to emphasize how good he is past the raw numbers. But Demar has been carrying the scoring load this year and deserves to stand out, not as the "raps backcourt" that often gets lumped together.
                      Very good point on the bold. If playing in Canada wasn't enough of a handicap, being unable to get proper recognition thanks to a media label, is icing on the cake.

                      Comment



                      • Comment


                        • This Zach Lowe profile is fantastic. One of the best breakdowns I've read of our boys:

                          http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...to-raptors-nba

                          Comment


                          • Joey wrote: View Post
                            This Zach Lowe profile is fantastic. One of the best breakdowns I've read of our boys:

                            http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...to-raptors-nba
                            Joey, it is fantastic, seeing as you're the 3rd person who's posted it.

                            Was wondering, Joey, Thead made a sticky for long form articles in the Let's NBA thread (which is where I posted it for ease of future access). Can a sticky be done in the Raptors thread for articles such as this?
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                            Comment


                            • We’re Kyle Lowry.

                              Comment


                              • Casey has had enough.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X