• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demarcus Rozan

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        We need to send Zach's wife some flowers.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Sure. Either one would be no issue though. This worrying about 1st round opponents is below this team.
          I'll take the team that plays the least defence. Our offence will surely take a dip when the playoffs roll around and teams tighten things up on D.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            I'll take the team that plays the least defence. Our offence will surely take a dip when the playoffs roll around and teams tighten things up on D.
            No matter who we're playing, I can't wait for how nervous we're going to be during Game 1
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Raptors in the Media: Share Stories, Articles & Videos you find on our Raps

By Request, and really, a comprehensive thread like this for just posting and discussing articles on the Raps is a long time coming ... I thought we actually had one, but will Sticky this one and go look for any others that may have been created in the past.
              Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 13, 2018, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Alright, merged up the two main ones I could find. Will give another look, but I'm fine with going from here.

Comment

• Unsure if this article by Paul Headley was posted or not, found this via Reddit (which I've been semi-active on as of late as I've wanted to talk about other teams, not just the Raptors):

https://94feetreport.com/the-toronto...t-252b8da191fb
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Nice idea for a thread.. feels like the same type of message is being passed around by most basketball writers/commentators and that is the Raptors need to prove it in the playoffs.

Winning game 1 should be a goal obviously but other than that.. really the only thing we need to prove is if we can get by Lebron, and we may not even get that opportunity.

Raptors just need to play their game and trust that it will work. As a fan I have faith in them. Pretty great defensive team too.. so if the ball for some reason stops going in, we can at least shut down the other team from scoring too.

Feels like we might have a tough road to the finals. And it wouldn't be the most Raptor thing to do if it was a tough road. Sensing something like Bucks round 1, Cavs/Wiz round 2, Celts/76ers round 3, Houston/GSW round 4.

Comment

• Bruce Arthur has a pretty good article out talking about the lack of coverage the Raptors get in the States:
                      https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...ptors-now.html

The Eastern Conference leaders are No. 1 in the latest NBA.com power rankings and one prominent site gives them a 60-per-cent shot at making the NBA final. They still have to do it, but they sure look ready for prime time, Bruce Arthur writes. How ’bout it, ESPN?

Comment

• Well hot damn if it isn't mid March and the Raptors are only a game off of Golden State's pace and Cleveland is closer to the 8 seed than Boston is to the 1 seed. Somebody pinch me.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Well hot damn if it isn't mid March and the Raptors are only a game off of Golden State's pace and Cleveland is closer to the 8 seed than Boston is to the 1 seed. Somebody pinch me.

Comment

• That Zach Lowe article is great. Really shows how low-key confident and motivated the raptors are. Also shows how self aware they are, the label as "playoff chokers" especially Lowry, he hears it. They know this postseason will either change that identity or possibly leave it ingrained forever.

Earlier this season I kind of thought of the raps just playing with house money. All the pressure was on Cleveland or boston and we were expected to lose anyways. Not anymore. This is our time, this is it. The basketball world knows it and the pressure is once again enormous. This is compelling stuff.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              Demarcus Rozan
                              I had been thinking of him more as "Demarcus Rosen." Long-lost African-american brother to a noted maker of suits and menswear.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Bruce Arthur has a pretty good article out talking about the lack of coverage the Raptors get in the States:
                                https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...ptors-now.html
                                "Now, if you were one of the 1.1 million Canadians watching the end of that glorious win over Houston Friday, you might note that the Raptors scored just one field goal in the final 4:52, and it was a very difficult and slightly desperate turnaround jumper from DeRozan, and their lead shrank from nine to one. They were great in that game, and also lucky to escape. Crunch-time scoring, which tends to flow from superstars who are so good they can generate good looks against almost any defence, is a real worry. Maybe the biggest one."

Comment

Working...
                                X