No announcement yet.

Raptors in the Media: Share Stories, Articles & Videos you find on our Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we all know the NBA is rigged and as a result the raptors will never get passed the conference finals, infact Im suprised the nba let us get that far. Makes sense why the Cavs made sure to let boston get the 1 seed one year later.
    there is a reason why the refs are making bad calls or non-calls with players like Giannias and Lebron james are involved, or teams like Boston and GSW.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      That's a pretty key point that gets lost in Raptorland. The reality is that teams like Memphis (good for a long time), Atlanta (solid playoff team for a long time), etc. also got little to no love from the league and its tv partners. Even the Spurs were only grudgingly granted exposure (I'm old enough to remember all the hand wringing about them being in teh Finals driving down ratings) but I notice that we're seeing less and less of them the last couple of years. When the Warriors fade, as every team does, they'll be tossed onto the heap of generic teams as well to make room for more Knicks and Lakers games.

Toronto has some unique challenges as the only Canadian team and I don't deny that but I also get tired of the woe is Toronto crap - the organization has finally stopped with it since Ujiri showed up and it's time for the fans to do the same.
      This x100, and also over-reacting by Toronto fans whenever the US media says something that could even slightly be construed as negative towards us. Like even when they are heaping praise on us, Raptor fans tend to focus on the glass 1% empty comment of the article or panel discussion.

Comment

wall-e wrote: View Post
        I think we all know the NBA is rigged and as a result the raptors will never get passed the conference finals, infact Im suprised the nba let us get that far. Makes sense why the Cavs made sure to let boston get the 1 seed one year later.
        there is a reason why the refs are making bad calls or non-calls with players like Giannias and Lebron james are involved, or teams like Boston and GSW.
        This post sounds bizarre to put it nicely.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          This post sounds bizarre to put it nicely.
          At the risk of joining him in the loonie bin, I too suspect the league is rigged at a certain point. See kings, Sacramento in 2002. See mavericks, Dallas in 2006. See jazz, Utah in 1998. And see raptors, toronto in 2014.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            At the risk of joining him in the loonie bin, I too suspect the league is rigged at a certain point. See kings, Sacramento in 2002. See mavericks, Dallas in 2006. See jazz, Utah in 1998. And see raptors, toronto in 2014.
            There's always space on this board for for a few Kyrie's.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

There's always space on this board for for a few Kyrie's.
              If it makes them dollars, it almost always makes sense

Comment

What happened in these 2 instances?

Comment

I can't believe there are still people who care what the likes of Paul Pearce and Jalen Rose think....they are US based commenters, you can't expect them to be unbiased. They are never going to speak highly of the Raps against ratings favourites in the Cavs, Celts, GSW etc. even if they are (ever) comparable on the court. And I couldn't care less.

As I said previously, my interest starts where elite players don't want to sign here for whatever reason; taxes, airports/border, weather, raising kids in a "foreign" country etc more than whether we play on Christmas, get on ESPN ....

Cleveland couldn't attract good players unless LeBron hung his shingle there. Same for GSW as they developed a great core.
                  Toronto should be higher up as a destination to play than Detroit, MN, Utah, Milwaukee, Indiana, Charlotte, Orlando, Atl, Minnesota, OKC and Utah at least. All imo

The better team we become, the more you can add to that list. Then worry about what some little ESPN talking heads think.....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    What happened in these 2 instances?
                    2006 Dallas was up 2 games to none on the Heat featuring Shaq and one of the leagues Golden Geese, Dwyane "flash" Wade as he was called at the time. The parade to the foul line and phantom calls began. Wade took 74 free throws in the final 4 games I believe 24 in the final game. Many of them non existent, especially the final call against Nowitzki. Google 2006 NBA finals rigged.

1998 was known for the final play that clinched it for the golden goose Michael Jordan. Blatant foul on Byron Russell before the shot that lived in infamy. No way the league would allow Utah to ruin the magical storybook.

Plus look at these refs. They look like henchman or low level mob guys in a movie. I wouldn't trust them to fix my car

Capiche??
                    Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Jan 4, 2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Fake news
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Anyone here ever ref organized basketball? I did many years ago in high school. Much more difficult than it looks from a La-Z-Boy.

Comment

Anyone here ever ref organized basketball? I did many years ago in high school. Much more difficult than it looks from a La-Z-Boy.
                          Just for a little side job I used to ref Jr. High Girls basketball one year, it was so hard. Travels on every possession, it was just choosing how blatant a travel you were deciding you were going to call.

Comment

Did you instantly acquire slicked back greasy hair and a gold tooth?

Comment

2006 Dallas was up 2 games to none on the Heat featuring Shaq and one of the leagues Golden Geese, Dwyane "flash" Wade as he was called at the time. The parade to the foul line and phantom calls began. Wade took 74 free throws in the final 4 games I believe 24 in the final game. Many of them non existent, especially the final call against Nowitzki. Google 2006 NBA finals rigged.

1998 was known for the final play that clinched it for the golden goose Michael Jordan. Blatant foul on Byron Russell before the shot that lived in infamy. No way the league would allow Utah to ruin the magical storybook.

Capiche??
                              I'm willing to write off the Dallas situation as an anomaly, or maybe a more aggressive Wade? Not sure why the league would think a Miami championship is the best outcome.

As for Jordan on Russell, I wouldn't call it an obvious push off. Looked like a perfect non-call to me. And does Jordan winning a 5 championships instead of 6, really make a dent in his league-wide legacy? Can't see it. The Bulls were the better team.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                                Just for a little side job I used to ref Jr. High Girls basketball one year, it was so hard. Travels on every possession, it was just choosing how blatant a travel you were deciding you were going to call.
                                Ya, I used to ref the odd Grade 7-8 tourney. Travel on every play, bumping on every play, airball on every play, all while parents are heckling you from the stands, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X