No announcement yet.

Raptors in the Media: Share Stories, Articles & Videos you find on our Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also want to add, the Raptors actually have a better record than the Rockets. James Harden is a serious MVP candidate. DeRozan on the other hand is not even on the top 5? wtf.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I also want to add, the Raptors actually have a better record than the Rockets. James Harden is a serious MVP candidate. DeRozan on the other hand is not even on the top 5? wtf.
      I understand the we value our players more, but seriously?

1. Harden is having 32 points/9 assist (only Tiny Archibald did that before) season on great efficiency (62.7% TS), if not injuries to both him and supporting cast (CP3 mostly but other guys missed too) he would be running away with MVP, based both on stats and team record.
      2. LeBron 27/8/9 average is yet another testament to his career, with IT return it's gonna be great fight for top seed in the East between us, Cavs and Boston, even though it seems we have easiest schedule remaining.
      3. Giannis is putting 29/10/5 season, against Jason Kidd efforts to nuke the Bucks and with underwhelming supporting cast.
      4 & 5 Durant & Curry seems to be destine to lead Warriors to yet another best record in NBA. Durant is not only great scorer as always but also leading the league in blocks, while Curry is cooking returning from injury and putting numbers on par with his MVP campaigns.

To put DeMar over any of these guys would be pure homerism. He belongs tier below in place with 2(3) other guys:
      - Westbrook is almost averaging triple double, but their record is underwhelming and his efficiency is simply bad
      - Kyrie's raw stats are almost identical to DeMar (and slightly below his last year numbers in Cavs uniform), but this time around he is doing it as main guy on team with better record
      - I'd put Jimmy Butler in same tier, because he's the main reason Timberwolves are on pace to improve their record by 25 wins and put an end to NBA longest playoff drought. Since Dec 1st. not only he is great on defensive end as he has always been but also has 26/5.5/5 stat line.

So no, it's not really WTF moment having Harden on top of the MVP ladder and DeMar outside top 5.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        If Antetokonmpo's team was 27-10. He'd be #1 on the MVP ladder. GUARANTEED.

I still don't understand how Durant is #1? obviously you pair him with Curry and Green and Klay....and those guys, they're going to win a lot of games. Curry at #5 also doesn't make any sense.
        What's so hard to understand? It's a popularity contest...

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
          I understand the we value our players more, but seriously?

1. Harden is having 32 points/9 assist (only Tiny Archibald did that before) season on great efficiency (62.7% TS), if not injuries to both him and supporting cast (CP3 mostly but other guys missed too) he would be running away with MVP, based both on stats and team record.
          2. LeBron 27/8/9 average is yet another testament to his career, with IT return it's gonna be great fight for top seed in the East between us, Cavs and Boston, even though it seems we have easiest schedule remaining.
          3. Giannis is putting 29/10/5 season, against Jason Kidd efforts to nuke the Bucks and with underwhelming supporting cast.
          4 & 5 Durant & Curry seems to be destine to lead Warriors to yet another best record in NBA. Durant is not only great scorer as always but also leading the league in blocks, while Curry is cooking returning from injury and putting numbers on par with his MVP campaigns.

To put DeMar over any of these guys would be pure homerism. He belongs tier below in place with 2(3) other guys:
          - Westbrook is almost averaging triple double, but their record is underwhelming and his efficiency is simply bad
          - Kyrie's raw stats are almost identical to DeMar (and slightly below his last year numbers in Cavs uniform), but this time around he is doing it as main guy on team with better record
          - I'd put Jimmy Butler in same tier, because he's the main reason Timberwolves are on pace to improve their record by 25 wins and put an end to NBA longest playoff drought. Since Dec 1st. not only he is great on defensive end as he has always been but also has 26/5.5/5 stat line.

So no, it's not really WTF moment having Harden on top of the MVP ladder and DeMar outside top 5.
          I have DeMar above Kyrie and Westbrook for sure. Westbrook as you said has the efficiency issues, and I just don't think his counting stats (other than points) are really that meaningful other than showing his role on the team.

Kyrie is a great offensive player, but he's a great offensive player on a team with a significantly worse offense than the Raptors - the Celtics have an average offense and a spectacular defense. I truly believe Al Horford has been the most important part of that team this season. Also the record may be better but the point differential is about half of the Raptors still.
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Lebron or Harden's crown this year...

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
              Lebron or Harden's crown this year...
              Harden's missing a few weeks right now and Cleveland's slipping again. If GS keeps up their strong play, I'd go for Durant.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Harden's missing a few weeks right now and Cleveland's slipping again. If GS keeps up their strong play, I'd go for Durant.
                I have a rule where you can't win mvp if the team would win 64 games, win the title and go thru the playoffs with 4 losses without you, and win 68 games, the title and go thru the playoffs with 1 loss with you.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I have a rule where you can't win mvp if the team would win 64 games, win the title and go thru the playoffs with 4 losses without you, and win 68 games, the title and go thru the playoffs with 1 loss with you.
                  This is fair.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• The NBA coaching fraternity has had enough of LaVar + ESPN taking shots at Luke Walton. First Rick Carlisle, now Steve Kerr:

It's sadly true, people would rather watch Ball in the Family than a six minute segment on the Raptors, let alone entire Raptors games.
                    Last edited by S.R.; Tue Jan 9, 2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

The NBA coaching fraternity has had enough of LaVar + ESPN taking shots at Luke Walton. First Rick Carlisle, now Steve Kerr:

It's sadly true, people would rather watch Ball in the Family than a six minute segment on the Raptors, let alone entire Raptors games.
                      It's completely true. People blame "the media this, the media that" but often times all the media is really doing is giving you what you want. It's a society thing. Now, does the media influence society? That's a whole other discussion. But the world has so many options to occupy ones mind and most people choose trash tv/social media etc.

It's funny, you'll see tsn report on lavar ball on their Facebook page, and it inevitably gets about 200 comments, a majority of them goin "who cares!?" Or "stop covering this guy!" But heres the thing: tsn doesn't care what people are commenting, they just want the 200 comments. And then youll see a heartwarming post on an amateur athlete or a lesser known pro...no comments.

So again, is it espn/tsn that's at fault here?

Comment

• Yup, society is getting dumber by the minute.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Yup, society is getting dumber by the minute.
                          Psychologists are just now starting to have enough years of evidence to study the psychological impact of the clicks/Likes social media era on us, especially developmentally on kids growing up in this reality. The way devices, websites, and apps are engineered to literally take advantage of our impulses and psychology actually affect people, our brains, our social lives, etc. in concrete ways over years. We're starting to find out how much of this shit is basically turning us into cognitive diabetics, imho digital/mental health is going to become just as important as diet and exercise are for physical health. Just like diet and exercise though, the majority of people will never give a shit.

Edit: Please like my post, I have Tapatalk notifications turned on and I'm in desperate need of a dopamine high.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Yup, society is getting dumber by the minute.
                            I have a bad habit of reading comments sections. Facebook, twitter, reddit, whatever..and I can tell you unequivocally and with great alarm that this is true. Not only critical thinking, but forming your own opinion, basic respect, human decency, empathy, understanding..how about how fast the internet lynch mobs form now? A story went viral about these teenage girls in England mocking a homeless man and tricking him into thinking he was getting a meal. Horrible right? Well the world thought so too. So the girls quickly received death threats, messages of "I hope you get gang raped", their phone numbers and addresses given out..sweet sweet justice.

The world is becoming black mirror by the day

Comment

Edit: Please like my post, I have Tapatalk notifications turned on and I'm in desperate need of a dopamine high.
                              I gotchu
                              OG is our king

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I have a bad habit of reading comments sections. Facebook, twitter, reddit, whatever..and I can tell you unequivocally and with great alarm that this is true. Not only critical thinking, but forming your own opinion, basic respect, human decency, empathy, understanding..how about how fast the internet lynch mobs form now? A story went viral about these teenage girls in England mocking a homeless man and tricking him into thinking he was getting a meal. Horrible right? Well the world thought so too. So the girls quickly received death threats, messages of "I hope you get gang raped", their phone numbers and addresses given out..sweet sweet justice.

The world is becoming black mirror by the day
                                And don't forget stupidity that isn't even related to social media/internet.

the Auburn Greens complex in Auburn, California is allegedly requiring all of its residents to keep their garage doors open during the week, all because one resident had people sleeping in their garage
                                https://jalopnik.com/dumbest-hoa-eve...eep-1821886917

Comment

Working...
                                X