Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    I also want to add, the Raptors actually have a better record than the Rockets. James Harden is a serious MVP candidate. DeRozan on the other hand is not even on the top 5? wtf.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch P
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Grant Hill is the man. You watch him analyze a game, and you compare it to someone like Paul Pierce. It's like night and day. Hill does his homework unlike Pierce or other former NBA players turned analyst.
    Some years ago when Hill was with the Suns I was sitting behind their bench with the Phoenix team doctor. As I'm a physician myself he was very friendly and chatty and told me lots of gossip. He loved Nash but also said that Hill was a complete class act; allegedly one of the few guys in the NBA faithful to his wife on the road and very dedicated to his craft.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    If Antetokonmpo's team was 27-10. He'd be #1 on the MVP ladder. GUARANTEED.

I still don't understand how Durant is #1? obviously you pair him with Curry and Green and Klay....and those guys, they're going to win a lot of games. Curry at #5 also doesn't make any sense.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Mitch P wrote: View Post
    That NBA tv commentary by Grant Hill that TRex posted is pretty outstanding. Well......I've heard from an insider that Grant Hill is one of the finest people in all of the NBA. Now I like him even more. He has Demar in the top 5 MVP candidates! Well all righty then! Why not? Who's playing better right now? That's right......nobody.
    Grant Hill is the man. You watch him analyze a game, and you compare it to someone like Paul Pierce. It's like night and day. Hill does his homework unlike Pierce or other former NBA players turned analyst.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    Same daddy
    The world is slipping further and further into TMZ/Kardashian/Bahelor(ette) reporting for ratings ..... sad days

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    A non-story like LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball's trip to Lithuania is getting more coverage on ESPN right now than the Raptors. Smh.

I don't really understand why those 2 are getting so much coverage. They're not NBA prospects. They're not good enough to play in this league. They're not as good as their brother Lonzo. Why the hype?
    Same daddy

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Wonder why we haven't heard more of this. Maybe he is smart enough to realize that the life of a broadcaster is way easier and more fun?
    Coaching is a grind.. maybe he just wants to hang up his feet and chill out with his family after his day ends.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Grant Hill is awesome...If he ever wanted to get into coaching I think he would excel there too.
    Wonder why we haven't heard more of this. Maybe he is smart enough to realize that the life of a broadcaster is way easier and more fun?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    That NBA tv commentary by Grant Hill that TRex posted is pretty outstanding. Well......I've heard from an insider that Grant Hill is one of the finest people in all of the NBA. Now I like him even more. He has Demar in the top 5 MVP candidates! Well all righty then! Why not? Who's playing better right now? That's right......nobody.
    Grant Hill is awesome. Was a huge Duke fan because of him (not so much of a fan of the NCAA anymore though). Always a class act. Such a big difference in his broadcasting skills from someone like Pierce (who's terrible). He's smart, well versed, and does his homework. If he ever wanted to get into coaching I think he would excel there too.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    A non-story like LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball's trip to Lithuania is getting more coverage on ESPN right now than the Raptors. Smh.

I don't really understand why those 2 are getting so much coverage. They're not NBA prospects. They're not good enough to play in this league. They're not as good as their brother Lonzo. Why the hype?

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    The way the team and Derozan is playing, he should be a top 5 MVP candidate.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch P
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    Demar has been on a role lately -- seeing a tiny bit more ISO play starting again with Lowry and Demar, but since Demar has been so hot lately it hasn't really shown...

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    Time for canada to join the US -- Toronto would instantly get a Christmas Game and prime time spots in playoffs..

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    What a depressing conversation. But very, very credible I think. Basketball is certainly a sport where officiating has a huge impact. The basic concept where body contact is theoretically illegal...but occurs on almost every play makes "judgement" calls constant. There have been a number of series over the years where I was convinced that the officiating determined the outcome. One of the most blatant was when Miami beat Dallas the first time the Mavs were there. Dwayne Wade was at the line constantly on marginal calls and it was nowhere close to being called the same way at the other end. A couple of the Suns series in Nash's prime featured him being beaten to a pulp with very few calls.

I'm already half dreading the Raptors opening series this spring and what it will bring. Demar and the rest need to go in with the mindset that NOTHING will be called and they need to power through, finish and not sulk if calls aren't happening. Hopefully superior talent and effort will overcome that 10 points the league will seed Boston, Cleveland or even I fear Washington (the Wall/Beal combo gets a lot of attention) or the Bucks ( the Freak is being groomed to replace Lebron).
    Depressing and credible indeed. You can't get too far down the rabbit hole or it all becomes too nihilistic.

Crack a beer, boo the bad guys, cheer the good guys, and hope for nice ball movement

Leave a comment:

Working...
X