Game #69: Dalls Mavericks 115 - Toronto Raptors 122

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    Doesn't help that the schedule is pretty uninspiring. Hard to get too pumped up for a team featuring Harrison Barnes.

OKC on Sunday but not sure anyone really cares. In Cleveland on Wednesday. That should be a good one. Then not much until the Celts-Cavs-Celts-Pacers at the start of April.

Gonna be a long wait until the first round...
    Yeah it really sucks waiting for this contenders-status playoff ride. And like we're so far ahead of the pack these games are losing meaning. Plus we just beat up these scrappy teams anyways.

First world problems guys! We do have complaining stuff!
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This must be what Warriors fans feels like every year.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        This must be what Warriors fans feels like every year.
        Spurs fans are spoiled

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Nylon Calculus has a new article talking about the evolution of the NBA shot selection. And how many teams are adopting Moreyball (ie, shooting at the rim, at the 3pt line, or free throw line).

Pretty cool infographic on their site:
          https://fansided.com/2018/03/16/nylo...hot-selection/

Love the change in direction Raps took. Took only 4 years but still pretty remarkable. Explains why the Pacers have been so good this year as well.
          Was just about to post this. Yeah, its not just us. Over half the league has increased their Moreyball by 10% or more between last season and this , and only 5 or 6 have decreased with the Celtics 4% the biggest drop.

Also sheds light on our defensive success. Controlling the opponents 3 pt attempts has been much discussed, but even though we give up (relatively) a lot of attempts at the rim (30% of opponents shots), only Portland gives up a lower shooting % 0-3 ft than our 61.2 %.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Spurs fans are spoiled
            I find the Spurs really fascinating this year. Could be the first year in 2 decades where they don't make the playoffs. Or they could squeeze in and have Kwahi on their roster ready to face either the Rockets or Warriors in round one. Kwahi practically shut down Harden last year.. why not again?

Comment

This game might be close.. McDermott is a Maverick now

Comment

I hope we come out a bit more hungry tonight than we did against Indy.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I find the Spurs really fascinating this year. Could be the first year in 2 decades where they don't make the playoffs. Or they could squeeze in and have Kwahi on their roster ready to face either the Rockets or Warriors in round one. Kwahi practically shut down Harden last year.. why not again?
                  This is the first time in like forever when I feel like there's zero easy series in the NBA. I honestly feel like warriors won't sweep anyone. Could be multiple upsets. Will be fun.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    I hope we come out a bit more hungry tonight than we did against Indy.
                    We probably won't. It's a back to back and the Mavs have been here since yesterday already. I think we'll play up to our competition and then hopefully beat them in the 4th when they really start trying. That strategy has worked lately and these games are so hard to get up for.. especially when the first seed is all but locked up now.

Comment

We probably won't. It's a back to back and the Mavs have been here since yesterday already. I think we'll play up to our competition and then hopefully beat them in the 4th when they really start trying. That strategy has worked lately and these games are so hard to get up for.. especially when the first seed is all but locked up now.
                      I think franchise record wins being 2 games away is decent motivation. Although the media hasn't mentioned it being a record at all

Comment

One question worthy of discussion is whether Casey should start resting players. My view would be to just further reduce minutes for Kyle, Demar and Serge in particular but coaches seem to feel that entire games off (no warm up either...just sitting in street clothes) is the way to go. I suppose if you have Demar sitting there in his uni and the game becomes close the temptation to put him back in would be great. No one is looking tired at this point but there are back to backs ahead and the thought of an important player turning an ankle or breaking a finger before playoffs is horrible. A few more wins and first seed should be a lock.

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                          One question worthy of discussion is whether Casey should start resting players. My view would be to just further reduce minutes for Kyle, Demar and Serge in particular but coaches seem to feel that entire games off (no warm up either...just sitting in street clothes) is the way to go. I suppose if you have Demar sitting there in his uni and the game becomes close the temptation to put him back in would be great. No one is looking tired at this point but there are back to backs ahead and the thought of an important player turning an ankle or breaking a finger before playoffs is horrible. A few more wins and first seed should be a lock.
                          I'd rest the fuck out of serge in April. I'd sit Kyle on b2b only. Is rest demar the final game. But everybody needs to stay in this current white hot rhythm

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            Doesn't help that the schedule is pretty uninspiring. Hard to get too pumped up for a team featuring Harrison Barnes.

OKC on Sunday but not sure anyone really cares. In Cleveland on Wednesday. That should be a good one. Then not much until the Celts-Cavs-Celts-Pacers at the start of April.

Gonna be a long wait until the first round...
                            Doesn't that just show you how far we've come. I could read that line and not even flinch at memories of a coin toss. Well, it's a much smaller flinch. This would definitely have been a motivator in previous years. Now..

Comment

I think we'll play up to our competition and then hopefully beat them in the 4th when they really start trying.
                              Down. You mean, play down to our competition.

I think there should be ample motivation tonight, seeing as they embarrassed us last time we met.
                              Don't think anyone on this squad will be happy being swept by the Mavs.
                              I imagine Casey is really driving that home for them.

Assert your dominance. GO RAPS.

Comment

Here's something to talk about. A poll about the members here. The scenario: We maintain this peak performance and style, the best in franchise history. However, somehow, we get out on the second round. We do it though, by fighting hard, never being blown out, in 6-7 games, playing the right way as a team, with strong dedicated defence, high level of assists, strong team effort with no hero ball, well timed adjustments by the coach, in other words, the way we've been playing so far. But with enough small kinks that in aggregate, It just happens to go the other way for Eastern Conference team X which was really hot in late April.

Do you believe the reaction here is:

a) Deep disappointment because this was our year, but a nod to their effort, and to a season that brought the most entertaining and winning basketball to this franchise in decades, possibly ever.

OR

b) A monumental hissy-fit, and a disregard for all this season has brought, particularly the implementation of what the fan based has been asking for years (Team basketabll, more assists, less hero ball etc..). This core is lumped together as the same as nine years ago, around the time Derozan was drafted ( even though this team has nothing to do with the 2009 team), and that somehow becomes the center argument for tanking the best Raptors in history, in the off-season.

My reaction: likely "a". The overall boards reaction: probably about 50/50, but sadly with maybe more "b"'s than I would think. I know ultimately it's about the end result, but man, what happened to this team between last year and this year is huge. I want the ring, but I don't want to forget what they are doing to get there either.

Comment

Working...
                                X