X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    As expected...NBA goes with "correct non call" for not calling the Brewer on Demar foul

http://official.nba.com/last-two-min...&eventNum=1114

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    As expected...NBA goes with "correct non call" for not calling the Brewer on Demar foul

http://official.nba.com/last-two-min...&eventNum=1114

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    There is no way to phrase what happened with Ibaka at center last night other than 'unmitigated disaster'. Those last 3 minutes were a mess.
    Ibaka is unreliable. Period. That's why i don't like to see him closing games. Offensively he takes bad shots, and makes poor decisions. Defensively, is he really better than Poeltl?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Dismantle? Baby Dinosaurs? lol wtf

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    The astonishing thing about Ibaka is how poor - and frankly, selfish - his shot selection is. Everyone on the roster except him has figured out this "look for a better shot, avoid long 2s whenever possible" thing.
    Isn't Ibaka one of the best at hitting the long 2 in the league right now? I swear he's knocking them down at a very high percentage. Ibaka and Demar are the ONLY players on this team that I'm okay with taking a long 2. Well not Demar, I only want him taking jumpers that are in and around the paint not the long 2's. Ibaka can take the long 2's in my opinion because he hits them at a good clip. As long as it's catch and shoot I'm okay with it. Maybe I'm wrong

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    The astonishing thing about Ibaka is how poor - and frankly, selfish - his shot selection is. Everyone on the roster except him has figured out this "look for a better shot, avoid long 2s whenever possible" thing.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    People will remember once playoffs starts. B4 Deebo's game 6 I would of said that Ibaka was our best player in that series. Also you can only get the best out of him when he is playing both positions in my opinion.

Also has to do with people falling in love with Siakam after spending the whole summer hating on him.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    He was pretty bad last year and we didn’t know that the system would change. He had bad awareness and was a very weak team defender, he definitely improved a lot over the summer and the new system compliments his play style very well. If you liked what you saw last year from him then you don’t really know what a good basketball player looks like... he’s nothing like the player he was last year.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Also has to do with people falling in love with Siakam after spending the whole summer hating on him.

All in your head

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I think Ibaka is becoming generally underrated by some fans here, he stands out when he screws up but he blends in when he does what he's supposed to - be a mobile defender who can switch screens with multiple players and hit open jump shots. Those are critical skills from the team perspective, the young bigs have his mobility but they don't have his outside shot. He's really needed at the 4 spot.

He definitely gets gassed and plays poorly on short rest, yesterday's end of game put that on display again.
    People will remember once playoffs starts. B4 Deebo's game 6 I would of said that Ibaka was our best player in that series. Also you can only get the best out of him when he is playing both positions in my opinion.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Mar 19, 2018, 12:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Dude, seriously? Ibaka checked in with 4:20 left and the Raps down 117-118. He proceeded to do absolutely nothing for the next 2 minutes other than take and miss a terrible running hook shot. His next appearance comes at the 1:09 mark when he took a ridiculously stupid foul against Adams and got lucky the FT was missed. The icing on the cake was a pointless ejection with 8 seconds left. During that 4 minute run, the Raps were outscored 14-8 with Serge contributing absolutely jack-shit.

I'm not down on Ibaka like a lot of other Raps fans, I think he's mostly pretty decent, but he was awful yesterday. He was out to prove something to OKC and tripped over his own feet.
    I'm not saying he was great but he wasn't awful. Adams didn't score in the fourth. After 23 points in 3 Q. The PnR coverage was better. So much so that they went away from it at times. Tried it with PG as a pin down and got a turnover. Westbrook just destroyed Lowry/Wright in the fourth. There wasn't much of the two man game in the fourth. Stopping Adams wasnt a problem in the 4th.

Anyways back to NFL free agency.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    I'm not down on Ibaka like a lot of other Raps fans, I think he's mostly pretty decent, but he was awful yesterday. He was out to prove something to OKC and tripped over his own feet.
    I think Ibaka is becoming generally underrated by some fans here, he stands out when he screws up but he blends in when he does what he's supposed to - be a mobile defender who can switch screens with multiple players and hit open jump shots. Those are critical skills from the team perspective, the young bigs have his mobility but they don't have his outside shot. He's really needed at the 4 spot.

He definitely gets gassed and plays poorly on short rest, yesterday's end of game put that on display again.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Adams hit one free throw in 4th after having 23 points in the 3 other quarters. Well I believe they wanted to save Ibaka mins there for playoffs. I guess only time will tell right? We will see how was right once playoffs start.

Dude, seriously? Ibaka checked in with 4:20 left and the Raps down 117-118. He proceeded to do absolutely nothing for the next 2 minutes other than take and miss a terrible running hook shot. His next appearance comes at the 1:09 mark when he took a ridiculously stupid foul against Adams and got lucky the FT was missed. The icing on the cake was a pointless ejection with 8 seconds left. During that 4 minute run, the Raps were outscored 14-8 with Serge contributing absolutely jack-shit.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    Adams hit one free throw in 4th after having 23 points in the 3 other quarters. Well I believe they wanted to save Ibaka mins there for playoffs. I guess only time will tell right? We will see how was right once playoffs start.

There is no way to phrase what happened with Ibaka at center last night other than 'unmitigated disaster'. Those last 3 minutes were a mess.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    What PnR schemes would of worked better? Raps went under pretty much every screen. Which led to open big 3 he hit in the 4th. You make it seems like we were guarding like Steph.

lol they went under almost none of the screens.

are you gaslighting or do you just not pay attention?

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    It's been successful when going up against opposing small ball looks since he got here, which thankfully is basically the only time Casey has used it, for the most part. Heck, I thought he would use it a lot more, good on him for not doing so, and restricting its use mostly to situations where it is likely to succeed. Last night was one of the few times where it was used against a big opponent, and it was predictably disastrous (though I'll concede the refs played a part in that).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X