Game #70: Oklahoma City Thunder 132 - Toronto Raptors 125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    Woah. At the end of the day we’re all a bunch of humans talking about other humans bouncing a ball around, no need to call for lynching lmao.
    All I can say is that in the sport where humans kick a ball around... refs heads would be on the floor if they reffed as bad as the NBA game we saw today.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      Apparently the Trump Era made everyone even softer. Now no one can even take a joke. I'm not threatening anyone in the thread....
      The details are just a bit unsettling. No need to call for violence man it’s just a game.

Comment

• OG is our king

Comment

• I just watched the highlights for the game and it looks like we played well to me. Obviously we couldn't stop Russell or Adams but we held tight until the end without Lowry (down the stretch) and Fred. And with Serge playing like shit. Poeltl didn't seem to play well either. Oh and JV only had 2 rebounds which is VERY unusual. Is there any reason for that? I wouldn't say we deserved to lose this game at all. I'm very glad I missed this game because the reffing thing would have got me HOT. Even with that though we almost won. Also from the highlights it looked like Russel hit some highly contested shots in the paint and on the perimeter. Melo as well. Not much you can do about that. Adams was the only one we completed guarded horribly in my opinion. Demar and Kyle's stats looked great. Did they not play well?
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            I just watched the highlights for the game and it looks like we played well to me. Obviously we couldn't stop Russell or Adams but we held tight until the end without Lowry (down the stretch) and Fred. And with Serge playing like shit. Poeltl didn't seem to play well either. Oh and JV only had 2 rebounds which is VERY unusual. Is there any reason for that? I wouldn't say we deserved to lose this game at all. I'm very glad I missed this game because the reffing thing would have got me HOT. Even with that though we almost won. Also from the highlights it looked like Russel hit some highly contested shots in the paint and on the perimeter. Melo as well. Not much you can do about that. Adams was the only one we completed guarded horribly in my opinion. Demar and Kyle's stats looked great. Did they not play well?
            -Played well offensively but couldn't defend the paint whatsoever
            -Adams shut out JV from rebounding opportunities. Rarely missed any shots and boxed out JV well when others missed
            -We didn't force Westbrook to shoot enough jumpers in my opinion. Took only about four from mid range and only one 3 all game
            -DeMar and Kyle were fine on the offensive end, unfortunately Marc Davis wanted Lowry out of the game

Comment

....Oh and JV only had 2 rebounds which is VERY unusual. Is there any reason for that? I wouldn't say we deserved to lose this game at all...Demar and Kyle's stats looked great. Did they not play well?
              I would say that throughout the game the guards left JV and Yak hanging out in the wind. The guards let their checks waltz past them and then stood and watched as the bigs tried to cover, without rotating over or making any attempt to rebound. This game was very similar to games a few years ago when JV would have poor rebounding. He was boxing out and trying hard to clean up somebody else mess. DeMar's defense was absolutely atrocious. I am so sick and tired of watching him follow his man as his man strolls down the middle of the paint for a lay up. Or even worse, he will watch somebody elses check blow right by without trying to do anything other than wave once the opposing player has gone past.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                -Played well offensively but couldn't defend the paint whatsoever
                -Adams shut out JV from rebounding opportunities. Rarely missed any shots and boxed out JV well when others missed
                -We didn't force Westbrook to shoot enough jumpers in my opinion. Took only about four from mid range and only one 3 all game
                -DeMar and Kyle were fine on the offensive end, unfortunately Marc Davis wanted Lowry out of the game
                Oh okay. Looks like defence and rebounding was why we lost. I think OKC just kind of has our number this season. We just don't match up well against them. In both games against them we played terrible defence and that's very uncharacteristic for us this season, so I'm not too worried. It did seem like OKC's starting lineup was just doing whatever they wanted with little to no resistance and that's a recipe for disaster. Casey has been good at making adjustments this season but it looks like he wasn't able to figure something out this game. Yea Kyle fouling out with like 4 mins left in a close game and no Fred will definitely hurt us big time. Especially with Kyle actually shooting the ball well this game. And we all know the calming effect Fred has on the whole team when he's out there.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  I would say that throughout the game the guards left JV and Yak hanging out in the wind. The guards let their checks waltz past them and then stood and watched as the bigs tried to cover, without rotating over or making any attempt to rebound. This game was very similar to games a few years ago when JV would have poor rebounding. He was boxing out and trying hard to clean up somebody else mess. DeMar's defense was absolutely atrocious. I am so sick and tired of watching him follow his man as his man strolls down the middle of the paint for a lay up. Or even worse, he will watch somebody elses check blow right by without trying to do anything other than wave once the opposing player has gone past.
                  LOL sad. Demar has been much better defensively this season so it sucks to see him and the team revert back to old habits. I guess OKC just does that to us lol. Cause both of their games were probably in our top 5 worst defensive games this season. And there haven't been many to be honest.

Comment

LOL sad. Demar has been much better defensively this season so it sucks to see him and the team revert back to old habits. I guess OKC just does that to us lol. Cause both of their games were probably in our top 5 worst defensive games this season. And there haven't been many to be honest.
                    Casey and crew have had two good looks at OKC this season. Now they need to look at who has played OKC well, and figure out why. They are a possible opponent in a finals matchup. I am not impressed with the coaches preps for this game. Serge was a f*****g liability out there. Siakim or Bebe would have been preferable.

Comment

• The Raptors defense couldn't guard the 1-5 pick and roll. That to me was the story of the game(along with poor officiating). Westbrook and Adams executed it perfectly.

Bet you teams will run it more specially in the playoffs. I'm sure LeBron was watching that game.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                        Apparently the Trump Era made everyone even softer. Now no one can even take a joke. I'm not threatening anyone in the thread....
                        Not sure what the Trump era or softness has to do thinking murdering people in their homes is funny.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          That one George dunk where Demar basically stepped out of the way at the top of the three point line was so bad. I wonder if he feels embarrassed about that because if someone showed me game tape of myself doing that I'd be embarrassed as hell.

Got to take pride in your defense.

Comment

• DeMar was not the problem, the gameplan was terrible for this game. Delon, Lowry, Powell, even Yak were getting blown by because they were playing so tight on the perimeter.

Raps can guard the 1-5 pick and roll fairly well (as seen in the Houston game). The problem is OKC is not Houston (near bottom in the league in 3pt percentage) and they used the exact same scheme against them. Going over every single screen Westbrook was ballhandling for as if he's Harden just hides the one weakness of his game which is his outside shooting. That also leaves JV trying to guard the quickest PG in the league as well as the best roll man in the league at the same time... disaster.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Not sure what the Trump era or softness has to do thinking murdering people in their homes is funny.
                              When Obama was in power that was comedy gold! #MakeMurderingRefsHilariousAgain
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                OKC is 5-2 against the three best teams in the league, that's the best record in the NBA vs those teams (per somebody on Twitter). They're going to be a dangerous playoff opponent for anybody.
                                Okay and? They're not getting past Golden State or Houston so they're a non factor for the finals not even in the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X