Game #70: Oklahoma City Thunder 132 - Toronto Raptors 125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Thunder are a different team without Roberson. DeMar should have an easier time this game compared to last.
    Corey Brewer does look to have been rejuvenated with OKC though. He's a worse defender than Roberson but he's a much better offensive player and we couldn't guard a fly last time we played them so we shall see.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I won't be able to watch this game but I hope when I finish work and check the score we won!
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
        Corey Brewer does look to have been rejuvenated with OKC though. He's a worse defender than Roberson but he's a much better offensive player and we couldn't guard a fly last time we played them so we shall see.
        Brewer is shooting really hot since joining OKC, but historically he is not much better than Roberson on the offensive end. Brewer is a defensive role player and always has been, and at this point Roberson is better defensively and has been OKC's most important perimeter defender.

If Brewer keeps up his hot shooting he could be trouble, but otherwise he's a downgrade from Roberson.

Comment

Too bad I will miss this game, should be an intense game especially Westbrook and his childish antics.

Comment

It's crazy that the GSW can keep Curry, Durant, Green,Thompson and Iguodala all on the same team going into the cap but we have to worry about which big salary to dump so we can sign a Fred VanVleet .... Lowry and DeMar should volunteer to make "just" 20M each so we can keep the gang together a la the Miami gruesome threesome some years ago ....

There aren't too many teams with 5 players making 10-30M yet the Raps are still #12 in team payroll overall?

Comment

Gettin' ready
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSKp-MWbXk4

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                It's crazy that the GSW can keep Curry, Durant, Green,Thompson and Iguodala all on the same team going into the cap but we have to worry about which big salary to dump so we can sign a Fred VanVleet .... Lowry and DeMar should volunteer to make "just" 20M each so we can keep the gang together a la the Miami gruesome threesome some years ago ....

There aren't too many teams with 5 players making 10-30M yet the Raps are still #12 in team payroll overall?
                To your first point, one of the side effects of the three year window is that we had to overpay Kyle/Ibaka on an annual basis. It's $49mm this year, which is roughly what GSW is paying Thompson, Green, and Iguodala. Then you throw in that JV/Norm are going to equal KD next year and you have your answer.

Next year is where things get dicey salarywise... We're fifth in payroll and 2nd the year after that... Fortunately our success has likely made pieces moveable. Although Norm may now be difficult to move.

Tricky situation for sure.

Comment

The cost of our greatness.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Stop talking and worry about next year! This is the year we are going for it!! Screw GS and what they have, lets worry about how we defeat them in the finals!

Comment

Chill, it was the last thread that was talking all about how to drop Ibaka to sign Fred that got me thinking. If the Raps take care of business, the playoff revenue can take care of FVV

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I hate these afternoon games. Ugh.
                        But we better get used to them for the playoffs, although the US networks may find a way to keep the Raps off of national TV, even if we make it to the finals.

Comment

Comment

How would Bulls bench mob compare to this year's Raptors bench mob?

The Bench Mob (along with honorary member Luol Deng) was a defensive dynamo, specializing in basically not allowing any points and attacking the glass with relentless ferocity. Things weren't always pretty on the offensive side of the ball, but they more than made up for it with their stingy defense and outstanding work on the backboards. How many times did the Bench Mob come in and erase poor starts from the starting unit? How many times did the Bench Mob extend leads that were built early on? Probably too many to count. I also have to mention that with all the injuries the Bulls have suffered the past few years, the team never really missed a beat because the bench guys stepped up when forced to play bigger roles.
                            https://www.blogabull.com/2012/7/25/...rted-bench-mob
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

That Bulls bench mob ran a 90 DRTG and a +12 net rating, about 3 points better than their overall ratings. Our bench runs a 100 DRTG and a +9 net rating, 1 point better than our overall.

So, less effective, but I also think our bench has eaten up more minutes than that Bulls bench did.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                How would Bulls bench mob compare to this year's Raptors bench mob?

https://www.blogabull.com/2012/7/25/...rted-bench-mob
                                Gibson = Siakam
                                Korver = Miles
                                Asik = Poeltl
                                Brewer = Delon
                                Watson = Freddy

Oh my

Comment

Working...
                                X